Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problem from laptop to computer same ISP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Problem from laptop to computer same ISP.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RavenJar
02.15.2013 , 12:38 PM | #11
Nope windows 7.

SpartusTana
02.15.2013 , 12:41 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RavenJar View Post
Nope windows 7.
It may be a windows 8 issue then, sad to say.

Can anyone else on Windows 8 confirm if they're experiencing massive latency issues, when on Windows 7 they do not?

-Spartus

OwenBrooks
02.15.2013 , 12:47 PM | #13
I think it is only a win 8 issue, i have win 7 and trend here with no problems.

I think the OP needs to connect by cable to the router before going much further with troubleshooting.

RavenJar
02.15.2013 , 01:56 PM | #14
I'm more concerned with the game not starting atm, the connection is fine when running WTFast. But of course that costs after a while.

OwenBrooks
02.15.2013 , 02:12 PM | #15
I'm more concerned with the game not starting atm, the connection is fine when running WTFast. But of course that costs after a while.
2 computers , one works fine , one has issues with ping spikes yet wt fast works, ok so these are the facts we know.
Typing outloud on thoughts of possible causes
firewall
port forwarding issues/nat
network settings (wtfast alters these) what happens when you connect wired ? and bypass your wireless connection.

RavenJar
02.15.2013 , 02:37 PM | #16
Right left it alone for a while to play LoL came back and it's now starting up again, connection is going between 50-90 but other people are using internet in house so that could be that, disabling the anti virus is what seems to have done it.

OwenBrooks
02.15.2013 , 02:58 PM | #17
Right left it alone for a while to play LoL came back and it's now starting up again, connection is going between 50-90 but other people are using internet in house so that could be that, disabling the anti virus is what seems to have done it.
Make sure exceptions are added for both launcher.exe and swtor.exe, I use win 7 64bit with trend micro titanium internet security 2012 without any issues