Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Gree Event Rocks Que The Cry Babies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Gree Event Rocks Que The Cry Babies

publicenemies's Avatar


publicenemies
02.17.2013 , 06:16 PM | #61
The problem is poor development. They have over a years worth plus of feedback and they ignored it for what THEY want what WE want.

Why is it every event ends up with reps/imps having a truce? Its b/c of how they developed the event. You would think after the first 2 events they would have learned from this but no.

If they objectives were in the 2 end baes on both sides and the gree ship landed in the middle that would have been better b/c then you would have had to raid the bases to place the orbs and by putting a lot of faction npc.s in the base would mean no standing in in line im talking about raid level npcs that should be in the bases anyways.

You cant control how people play but the devs can sure program it better to influence pvp better instead of standing in line for ice cream and calling truces

Riggz's Avatar


Riggz
02.17.2013 , 06:26 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by publicenemies View Post
The problem is poor development. They have over a years worth plus of feedback and they ignored it for what THEY want what WE want.

Why is it every event ends up with reps/imps having a truce? Its b/c of how they developed the event. You would think after the first 2 events they would have learned from this but no.

If they objectives were in the 2 end baes on both sides and the gree ship landed in the middle that would have been better b/c then you would have had to raid the bases to place the orbs and by putting a lot of faction npc.s in the base would mean no standing in in line im talking about raid level npcs that should be in the bases anyways.

You cant control how people play but the devs can sure program it better to influence pvp better instead of standing in line for ice cream and calling truces

Do what I do

Stealth cap - use orbital strike on lines - go concealment and gank noobs - bring large groups


Problem solved
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
<BLACK SUN RISING>
<INFAMOUS>

MiaRB's Avatar


MiaRB
02.17.2013 , 06:26 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by publicenemies View Post
The problem is poor development. They have over a years worth plus of feedback and they ignored it for what THEY want what WE want.

Why is it every event ends up with reps/imps having a truce? Its b/c of how they developed the event. You would think after the first 2 events they would have learned from this but no.

If they objectives were in the 2 end baes on both sides and the gree ship landed in the middle that would have been better b/c then you would have had to raid the bases to place the orbs and by putting a lot of faction npc.s in the base would mean no standing in in line im talking about raid level npcs that should be in the bases anyways.

You cant control how people play but the devs can sure program it better to influence pvp better instead of standing in line for ice cream and calling truces
wouldnt matter one bit. just like it didnt matter in old ilum. people kill traded back then and now they call truce and wait in line. if BW made some other objective, then players would just figure out how to get rewards without having to PVP or whatever.

look at it his way... BW made a little tiny sandbox in PVP area on ilum and gave two quests to get people to go there. what happens in that little sandbox is 100% up to the players. many have chose to not play and to just stand in line to get rewards. others chose to PVP in the area.
can't wait for this game to come out!

sauerkraut's Avatar


sauerkraut
02.17.2013 , 06:40 PM | #64
LOL. EVERY time, when i go to the Ilum PvP zone, I see, group of reps and imps patiently waiting for their turn. They do not attack each other since PvP does not pay. They just wanna do the dalies. Ilum is back where it was.
When the BW dev team's gonna understand , if players can complete the obj without PvP. THEY WILL NOT PvP.

Henu's Avatar


Henu
02.17.2013 , 06:42 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
LOL. EVERY time, when i go to the Ilum PvP zone, I see, group of reps and imps patiently waiting for their turn. They do not attack each other since PvP does not pay. They just wanna do the dalies. Ilum is back where it was.
When the BW dev team's gonna understand , if players can complete the obj without PvP. THEY WILL NOT PvP.
So true but doesnt spot me from ganking anyone i see flagged.
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

ZenomX's Avatar


ZenomX
02.17.2013 , 07:23 PM | #66
Quote:
QUOTE=Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn
*cue

Que is not even an english word
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
que is short for nothing......

l2spell?

its funny that some people are barely able to read/write their native language
This guy's failed attempt to teach someone else English while being totally wrong himself is hilarious. Thanks for making my day at work.

Cue.. seriously... Cue is the the stick you hit balls with on the 8 ball table.

Queue is the word your looking for genius.

AngelofCain's Avatar


AngelofCain
02.17.2013 , 07:47 PM | #67
for those confused on the meaning:
cue:
a : a signal (as a word, phrase, or bit of stage business) to a performer to begin a specific speech or action
b : something serving a comparable purpose : hint
2
: a feature indicating the nature of something perceived
3
archaic : the part one has to perform in or as if in a play

courtesy of websters.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

Kerensk's Avatar


Kerensk
02.17.2013 , 08:23 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
LOL. EVERY time, when i go to the Ilum PvP zone, I see, group of reps and imps patiently waiting for their turn. They do not attack each other since PvP does not pay. They just wanna do the dalies. Ilum is back where it was.
When the BW dev team's gonna understand , if players can complete the obj without PvP. THEY WILL NOT PvP.
It must suck being on a server full of lamers. On my server people gank members of the same faction.

The only safety is to get 3 people supporting you, or be really good at sneaking around the perimeter and running in for the cap while 2 other groups are busy killing each other. I actually see more fair play outside the PvP zonebecause people know if you gank the opposing ffaction will call its WB ops group to your location.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
02.18.2013 , 03:49 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinlynn View Post
BW not making the effort to address faction imbalance is a total fail. FFA does not address this issue.

Star Wars TOR is supposed to be about the Sith vs. Republic. FFA focus totally fails to achieve this.

If FFA remains the focus of OW-PVP, then this game is for a fact a complete and utter failure.

BW obviously had their head in the sand when they decided to make faction locked toons, and made no effort to insure the factions are balanced from all aspects.

Good for you that FFA is what you want. I know for sure that most players to not want FFA and that FFA will only kill the game in the long run. All you need to do is look at Outlaw's Den and how that panned out long term.
Republic whines about faction vs faction for months- BW gets rid of Ilum.

BW brings back Ilum in a way that Republic are no longer penalized by being outnumbered- Republic whines that it's not faction vs faction.


Wanna know why nobody rolls Republic that's serious about pvp? Because you guys have been whining nonstop since long before the game even came out. "Everyone, everyone! Listen, listen! Republic SUCKS in this game so much and nobody GOOD every joins our side and the quests SUCK and we SUCK at pvp and being Republic is the WORST thing ever!!! btw- why does nobody rolls republic? Maybe BW should do a better job of making us look good."

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
02.18.2013 , 03:57 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by ZenomX View Post
This guy's failed attempt to teach someone else English while being totally wrong himself is hilarious. Thanks for making my day at work.

Cue.. seriously... Cue is the the stick you hit balls with on the 8 ball table.

Queue is the word your looking for genius.
rofl
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads