Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Gree Event Rocks Que The Cry Babies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Gree Event Rocks Que The Cry Babies

Sathid
02.15.2013 , 04:56 PM | #21
Well i am sure enjoying this event,sure there is some people that are going alittle too far in the grief department but it evens out,it seems the late night peep's are alittle more crazy,which is fine but again camping any area after say 30 minutes is kinda lame imo.

rywokast
02.15.2013 , 05:23 PM | #22
Disagree with OP, I like the event, some cool rewards etc, but why is it a forced ffa PvP zone? I mean i simply want to do my dailies, and get my tokens that's it. Now luckily I have 3 50 toons so I don't have a problem getting tokens with them as well and possibly skipping the PvP missions, but i'm a whore and want them all =) Yet nearly every time I go to the PvP zone some idiot attacks me. People say oh go QQ elsewhere this is a PvP zone, put your money where your mouth is, face my main 1v1, not gang rape my alt who has 14k health with your group of 3 AFTER he's at 50% health due to taking down a group of droids, like seriously, does that give you some sense of accomplishment or something? Because you're imagining it.

Anyways, that's my take on it, I mean Ilum already has a PvP zone, go there, this is an event, and this event only lasts two weeks, not all people have 47 alts they can get more tokens on, some people need these PvP missions so dont just arrogantly say "well why dont you just not do them them can get tokens elsewhere".

/rant over

jizerai
02.15.2013 , 06:43 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by jedislayer5000 View Post
Disagree with OP, I like the event, some cool rewards etc, but why is it a forced ffa PvP zone? I mean i simply want to do my dailies, and get my tokens that's it. Now luckily I have 3 50 toons so I don't have a problem getting tokens with them as well and possibly skipping the PvP missions, but i'm a whore and want them all =) Yet nearly every time I go to the PvP zone some idiot attacks me. People say oh go QQ elsewhere this is a PvP zone, put your money where your mouth is, face my main 1v1, not gang rape my alt who has 14k health with your group of 3 AFTER he's at 50% health due to taking down a group of droids, like seriously, does that give you some sense of accomplishment or something? Because you're imagining it.

Anyways, that's my take on it, I mean Ilum already has a PvP zone, go there, this is an event, and this event only lasts two weeks, not all people have 47 alts they can get more tokens on, some people need these PvP missions so dont just arrogantly say "well why dont you just not do them them can get tokens elsewhere".

/rant over
I do understand where you're coming from, but I must respectfully disagree with you. You are not in any way forced to do the PvP quests. You have 7 days to get to the weekly reputation cap, which gives you more than enough time to reach it. And if you don't have that amount of time (1h a day or so), you can't really expect to be able to get the most coveted rewards either in this first run of the event.

You said it yourself: you want it all. And if you want it all, you'll simply have to accept that PvP will happen. It might not be nice, or even fun for you, but you're not forced in there and you can't expect people to be bound by a "code of honor" just because it's a PvE-server and you feel that you shouldn't be at risk (I'm using the word very loosely here, as it's a 10sec respawn and you're back in the area again) for going into a Free-For-All PvP zone.

Which, by the way, I think is as good as they're gonna get it in terms of combating population imbalances.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

DarthBloodloss
02.15.2013 , 06:47 PM | #24
Took me 3 days of non-pvp dailies on two toons to get the proper reputation. Then did Xenoanalyst twice on both....did the other world bosses multiple times.

The PvP area should not even be a discussion. I have max faction rep, tons of rep items saved up, way too many Grey Helix components......all without doing PvP quests.

(Ok, I admit I did them once before I decided they weren't worth it)
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

jizerai
02.15.2013 , 06:50 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Took me 3 days of non-pvp dailies on two toons to get the proper reputation. Then did Xenoanalyst twice on both....did the other world bosses multiple times.

The PvP area should not even be a discussion. I have max faction rep, tons of rep items saved up, way too many Grey Helix components......all without doing PvP quests.

(Ok, I admit I did them once before I decided they weren't worth it)
Seeing as they don't even give you those Components, I see no real reason to do them at all if you're not interested in PvP:ing.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

DarthBloodloss
02.15.2013 , 07:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by jizerai View Post
Seeing as they don't even give you those Components, I see no real reason to do them at all if you're not interested in PvP:ing.
Yep. Most people are unaware of the lack of decent quest rewards, and assume they are gimping their progression if they skip them.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Hamatula
02.15.2013 , 07:44 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
que is short for nothing......

l2spell?

its funny that some people are barely able to read/write their native language
you`re funny, considering I even gave you a link... que has been a common gaming term for quite awhile while sitting in a queue.

imo you have some serious life issues to even bring it up lol.

cashogy_reborn
02.15.2013 , 07:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Hamatula View Post
you`re funny, considering I even gave you a link... que has been a common gaming term for quite awhile while sitting in a queue.

imo you have some serious life issues to even bring it up lol.
sure it is. let me know when you get out of middle school
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

CaptianFordo
02.15.2013 , 09:05 PM | #29
I will admit this did turn the tables on things.

All the names I've seen getting owned in Warzones are forming groups together to go mob on people who owned them in warzones.

lol

The Harbinger
Jekk(70) Haythom(70) Terr'wynn(70) Thaddax(70) Zuvro(70)

JohnAnconia
02.15.2013 , 09:13 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by jedislayer5000 View Post

/rant over
You really don't need to enter the pvp zone at all (it's only 900 extra rep per day and you don't need that for champion rank). How about farming WBs for rep tokens (much quicker than pvp if you have an organized group)?