Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ilum fail and new ideas in sinc with new implementations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ilum fail and new ideas in sinc with new implementations

Boyana
02.16.2013 , 05:07 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by volander View Post
PVP should NEVER be about the killing of the players. It is a goal for a goal. PvP should always be around the fulfill the objective. Otherwise, all will choose the most effective class and the game will be boring and not interesting.
I think that PvP should never be around some objective where FoTM classes have huge advantage, such as: Smash spec, Bubble Pop since people are clustered and have to stay close where these abilities are simply working heavenly.

The only thing they should make is give Warzone commendations for every kill, but there should be some limit on how many times you can kill some player to get the Commendation. That will prevent people from trading the kills. I would personally love credits : P. I have to admit, I dislike "the gear damaging" part. I really hope they never implement that.

To be honest, I do not care about rewards but, sadly, if that has to be added to make people engage into PvP, be it.

Oh, this is just my opinion.

volander
02.16.2013 , 05:13 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Reloader View Post
a goal just brings them out for what?
Fun my friend. It's always fun to meet goals. And if anyone is a joy just to kill, then I simply regret.
|█╠╬╬╬╬╬╬╣██{▀PURE]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Reloader
02.16.2013 , 06:56 AM | #13
You say fun, but the goal should simply be killing the enemy faction without having an objective. Rewards give this silly goal a reason. Now do not get me wrong I do not believe objective pvp is bad, however, there need to be rewards for such a thing as well and then there needs to be balance. Balance is much harder to achieve. With FFA and keeping maximum group size at 4 keep the balance issue at bay. There will be specs and group make ups that dominate suck as cookie cutters but again FFA makes that even hard to perfect.

Reward - I would like to see credits valor and if commendations are to be involved I'd say though a true pvp quest. Titles should also be granted based on player kills and solo kills. Titles give a player something to strive for.

Risk - the risk should not be devestating. It should be a minor inconvenience. For ever death your endurance is lowered and it cost 500 credits to repair. On the flip side when you kill someone you should be rewarded that 500 credits.

If you do this in every daily area (with an FFA pvp area) I believe world pvp would flourish. But what would I know I have only been playing mmos for 13 years all of which I have played on the closest thing to a "hardcore pvp" server.
MacDougall - Guardian
Charlie'sheen - Scoundrel
Learn to Play - Prophecy of the Five

Zunayson
02.16.2013 , 08:11 AM | #14
Quote:
A reward/risk system should be put in as well. The masses will not PvP if there is no reward and without risk it almost makes it pointless. Make World PvP deaths damage gear or endurance until repaired. Also a leader board so people can see who the biggest PvP'ers are, World PvP ranks/titles. these little things can encourage people to join the action.
Only if they give us currency. Possibly the option to repair with WZ comms? No reason to make us pay as many credits as pvers if we only pvp without actually getting the money. Risk must match reward; Paying in WZ comms seems to be the most logical idea.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

volander
02.16.2013 , 08:15 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Reloader View Post
If you do this in every daily area (with an FFA pvp area) I believe world pvp would flourish.
I do not think so. You can be a good PVPer but do not understand how it works. MMO it's not the Olympics, and the problem of good developers so mix of all players in one place that everyone could enjoy equally. If you filter out the players for their skill (punishing them fine as you suggest, or introducing rating) that can be found out very quickly that you did not master. And then what? In any case, even if you're super cool, your PVP completed within 10 minutes capping one of the respawn site. And you sit there and sad to see each other. The idea itself is buried.

As an addition to the FFA area can make weekly quest to kill 50 people, for example. It will be enough.

And yes, for the hardcore no important awards and goals, and as you yourself say. So you have to be satisfied with having killed someone somewhere.

upd. I like PvP in TOR (there are certainly moments that I do not like) if I wanted realism and full loot, I would play EVE
|█╠╬╬╬╬╬╬╣██{▀PURE]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Reloader
02.16.2013 , 06:12 PM | #16
The reason for reward and Risk is to keep people out after a daily is finished
MacDougall - Guardian
Charlie'sheen - Scoundrel
Learn to Play - Prophecy of the Five