Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Don't buff commando healers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Don't buff commando healers

Mookind
02.15.2013 , 10:31 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
Look, I play a commando healer, and already 95% of the time out-perform any other healer in warzones. Giving commando healer a utility buff will only make us OP in warzones. Knowing how to correctly play a commando can go very far in PvP/PvE. In warzones, I will only die in a 1v3, which still takes a while and sometimes I can still survive it. Giving a buff in PvP will make good commando healers gods. I like people thinking we are a bad class to play, with in reality, we can do as much heals if played properly. I know the learning curve on commando healer is huge, and it takes extreme skill to play properly. If any buffs are going to be given to commandos, then give it to the dps.
There is nothing special about healing random PUG's. Operatives are superiior to mercs in just about every way and there is no real reason to bring one anywhere. Especially with games full of people spamming smash. If you are that good on your merc there is no reason you wouldn't do better on an op.

Things mercs have that ops don't have: int shield, knockback, and ...........barely better single target heals. They also have some extra range on a few abils but as an op i can heal while i move so i don't really give a **** about that or the int shield

Things ops have that mercs don't have: heal that costs no resource and regens energy (and can be self cast), HoTs, instant cast spammable heals, stealth, cover, instant aoe cc, sap, ability to drop force debuffs, BEST PVP AOE HEAL

Obviously this isn't a perfect comparison. But I think i have made my point......

thesadplanet
02.15.2013 , 10:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Mookind View Post
There is nothing special about healing random PUG's. Operatives are superiior to mercs in just about every way and there is no real reason to bring one anywhere. Especially with games full of people spamming smash. If you are that good on your merc there is no reason you wouldn't do better on an op.

Things mercs have that ops don't have: int shield, knockback, and ...........barely better single target heals. They also have some extra range on a few abils but as an op i can heal while i move so i don't really give a **** about that or the int shield

Things ops have that mercs don't have: heal that costs no resource and regens energy (and can be self cast), HoTs, instant cast spammable heals, stealth, cover, instant aoe cc, sap, ability to drop force debuffs, BEST PVP AOE HEAL

Obviously this isn't a perfect comparison. But I think i have made my point......

Pretty much this. Merc/Commando if played properly can be an excellent class, but they are still behind the other two classes in total healing output, which is pretty important.

SlimsPicken
02.15.2013 , 10:55 AM | #13
well, you and 3 other guys will be OP.

The rest will just finally be useable.

Anyone remember that Leonardo guy from release? Talk about a OP commando healer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKHvwJjT12w
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Mookind
02.15.2013 , 11:04 AM | #14
Watched a jug auto attack 3x in a row then turned it off

Tankqull
02.15.2013 , 11:13 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
because performance against bads in normal WZs is indicative of how well a class can do against the best players at the highest level in RWZ

just wanted to mention for those who still claim commando heal is in any way weaker than scoundral sage healer... ::

http://de.twitch.tv/phrakk/b/366109774

Mookind
02.15.2013 , 11:24 AM | #16
lol i speed up to 8 minutes in and immediately see him go down while trying to cast himself out of a sub 30% hole

Woudla walked away scott free

The point here isn't all merc heals suck

It's just that ALL merc heals could do better with an operative if they aren't *********** retarded

xxIncubixx
02.15.2013 , 11:30 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
Look, I play a commando healer, and already 95% of the time out-perform any other healer in warzones. Giving commando healer a utility buff will only make us OP in warzones. Knowing how to correctly play a commando can go very far in PvP/PvE. In warzones, I will only die in a 1v3, which still takes a while and sometimes I can still survive it. Giving a buff in PvP will make good commando healers gods. I like people thinking we are a bad class to play, with in reality, we can do as much heals if played properly. I know the learning curve on commando healer is huge, and it takes extreme skill to play properly. If any buffs are going to be given to commandos, then give it to the dps.
commandos are very hard to take down for ... 15 seconds, and then you are dead doesnt really matter what u do, + if you happen to not have reactive shield ready then you are just pretty much toast against anyone that has half a brain.

Bioware already stated that commandos (healer and dps) lack escape abilities against multiple enemies.

General_Aldo
02.15.2013 , 11:32 AM | #18
I know commandos aren't nearly as good as an op healer. But I like playing the "underdog" class. If there are any changes that must be made, then I want them to bring us on par. Not over the top.

SIDIOUSFAN
02.15.2013 , 12:20 PM | #19
Just my opinion :

My main toon is a concealment operative, and I can assure that the hardest class to take down is commando healer. Good ones are not killable for me 1 vs 1. If they are buffed they will be very OP.

Lalainnia
02.15.2013 , 12:41 PM | #20
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.