Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Don't buff commando healers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Don't buff commando healers

General_Aldo's Avatar


General_Aldo
02.14.2013 , 10:15 PM | #1
Look, I play a commando healer, and already 95% of the time out-perform any other healer in warzones. Giving commando healer a utility buff will only make us OP in warzones. Knowing how to correctly play a commando can go very far in PvP/PvE. In warzones, I will only die in a 1v3, which still takes a while and sometimes I can still survive it. Giving a buff in PvP will make good commando healers gods. I like people thinking we are a bad class to play, with in reality, we can do as much heals if played properly. I know the learning curve on commando healer is huge, and it takes extreme skill to play properly. If any buffs are going to be given to commandos, then give it to the dps.

wwkingms's Avatar


wwkingms
02.14.2013 , 11:31 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
Look, I play a commando healer, and already 95% of the time out-perform any other healer in warzones. Giving commando healer a utility buff will only make us OP in warzones. Knowing how to correctly play a commando can go very far in PvP/PvE. In warzones, I will only die in a 1v3, which still takes a while and sometimes I can still survive it. Giving a buff in PvP will make good commando healers gods. I like people thinking we are a bad class to play, with in reality, we can do as much heals if played properly. I know the learning curve on commando healer is huge, and it takes extreme skill to play properly. If any buffs are going to be given to commandos, then give it to the dps.
although theyre healing may not be as strong... i find they are very hard to take down....

if they could buff their output without making them a healer/tank in one thatd be ok
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Masturomenos's Avatar


Masturomenos
02.14.2013 , 11:50 PM | #3
Beleive me your healing is gimped. Unless you played pre 1.2 u dont realize ur potential.
Worlds greatest PvP guild US Army 75th R.R. "Rangers Lead the Way" Formerly (Scarybadlady & Droppinloads of Banished-Rift)(Masturomenos, Restopharian, Swalowmylight, Drwitch & More of Infernal Affairs-WoW) (Scarybadman of Imperial Affairs, Bootyhunter & Scarybdlady of Spacebar Heroes-SWTOR)

totherkins's Avatar


totherkins
02.15.2013 , 12:04 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
Look, I play a commando healer, and already 95% of the time out-perform any other healer in warzones. Giving commando healer a utility buff will only make us OP in warzones. Knowing how to correctly play a commando can go very far in PvP/PvE. In warzones, I will only die in a 1v3, which still takes a while and sometimes I can still survive it. Giving a buff in PvP will make good commando healers gods. I like people thinking we are a bad class to play, with in reality, we can do as much heals if played properly. I know the learning curve on commando healer is huge, and it takes extreme skill to play properly. If any buffs are going to be given to commandos, then give it to the dps.
I'd be willing to validate your opininion if you could post a ss of doing 1400+ hps right now the other 2 classes can do 14-1500+ hps in a great game all be it where as the commando heals having an outstanding game is around 900-1100ish. Also as a commando healer if someone interrupts you your heat management really takes a big impact on that. That being said commando heals atm only need a slightish buff. If the new changes go forth for aoe heal sages the order of pvp healers will be: AoE Sage, Bubble Sage, Scoundrel Healer....whats the point of a commando healer again? In order to make them viable for pvp they need to give them a unique buff something that other healers can't do and the other team needs or helps the team. If they are designated support healer make it so their kolto missle can increase healing received by 5-10% or give a damage reduc buff as well as healing received. Something new...unfortunately BW most likely won't do this
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
02.15.2013 , 12:44 AM | #5
because performance against bads in normal WZs is indicative of how well a class can do against the best players at the highest level in RWZ

Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
02.15.2013 , 01:07 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
because performance against bads in normal WZs is indicative of how well a class can do against the best players at the highest level in RWZ

there are a couple players on JC that can really play the commando healer, but they're few and far between. most ppl don't even bother with the spec.

it annoys me that so many ppl roll out in gunnery. they're all carries. even if you know what you're doing, you're a carry. it's just too damn easy to unseat them. they're bad snipers. I kinda wish commando healing were more accessible just to cut down on the number of grav carries. on the plus side, I do see more assault specs since 1.4.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjäck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Deìnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

General_Aldo's Avatar


General_Aldo
02.15.2013 , 09:47 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by totherkins View Post
I'd be willing to validate your opininion if you could post a ss of doing 1400+ hps right now the other 2 classes can do 14-1500+ hps in a great game all be it where as the commando heals having an outstanding game is around 900-1100ish. Also as a commando healer if someone interrupts you your heat management really takes a big impact on that. That being said commando heals atm only need a slightish buff. If the new changes go forth for aoe heal sages the order of pvp healers will be: AoE Sage, Bubble Sage, Scoundrel Healer....whats the point of a commando healer again? In order to make them viable for pvp they need to give them a unique buff something that other healers can't do and the other team needs or helps the team. If they are designated support healer make it so their kolto missle can increase healing received by 5-10% or give a damage reduc buff as well as healing received. Something new...unfortunately BW most likely won't do this
I would post a video, but I don't know how. Also, I have done 1M healing in a PUG that didn't guard or peel. I know that's not too much to be proud of. Also I only do reg warzones, because that's all i can do (Since my guild left). But commando has something other classes don't: It can tank against 5 people for a 30+ sec duration. Commando might need a LITTLE something, but I don't want anything where it breaks the class and anyone can play it.

MeatTender's Avatar


MeatTender
02.15.2013 , 10:09 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
although theyre healing may not be as strong... i find they are very hard to take down....

if they could buff their output without making them a healer/tank in one thatd be ok
They're hard to take down because you can put points into the skill tree to increase all healing you receive. This means that they can sit their and heal themselves under their bubble for 12 secs and be a meatshield.

Mixcoatl's Avatar


Mixcoatl
02.15.2013 , 10:10 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
It can tank against 5 people for a 30+ sec duration.
Those would have to be 5 really bad people unless you are guarded and have your entire team CCing them while all your cooldowns are up.

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
02.15.2013 , 10:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
I would post a video, but I don't know how. Also, I have done 1M healing in a PUG that didn't guard or peel. I know that's not too much to be proud of. Also I only do reg warzones, because that's all i can do (Since my guild left). But commando has something other classes don't: It can tank against 5 people for a 30+ sec duration. Commando might need a LITTLE something, but I don't want anything where it breaks the class and anyone can play it.
I think that might be the extent of what I have seen people ask for.

I just respeced my merc back to bodyguard again last night hoping to find time to get him going again. Have a couple other things I am doing first though.
Technohic - Sniper Techno-Hic - Gunslinger Cihonhcet - Scoundrel Shing-Splat - Operative
Technohix - Assassin Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc Nehcet - Vanguard Carnrage - Marauder Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5