Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SURVEY of Rated WZ team composition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
SURVEY of Rated WZ team composition

Wuzan
02.15.2013 , 05:06 AM | #41
It's only the top teams on the bastion who have done this no smash/bubble stun agreement. The guilds that we have done this with (Synergy) is: Don't Panic, Hey im mvp, strictly business, and nothing personal.

To be very fair, the other guilds that queue when the aforementioned listed guilds queue, dont really have much of a chance in the games. Regardless, since its a small rated community, 99 percent of the time, everyone on the teams know if its one of the other "agreed on" teams in the game.queue, based off of being in each others voicechats and streams. Or even just /waving once thegame starts. For example, we were queueing against one of the aforementioned teams with no bubble stun. It took us only a few seconds to realize we were fighting some other random guild, and our team had the option of respecing right away.
Sifu <Synergy> Bastion Server.

Caeliux
02.15.2013 , 05:33 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Wuzan View Post
It's only the top teams on the bastion who have done this no smash/bubble stun agreement. The guilds that we have done this with (Synergy) is: Don't Panic, Hey im mvp, strictly business, and nothing personal.

To be very fair, the other guilds that queue when the aforementioned listed guilds queue, dont really have much of a chance in the games. Regardless, since its a small rated community, 99 percent of the time, everyone on the teams know if its one of the other "agreed on" teams in the game.queue, based off of being in each others voice chats and streams. Or even just /waving once the game starts. For example, we were queueing against one of the aforementioned teams with no bubble stun. It took us only a few seconds to realize we were fighting some other random guild, and our team had the option of respecing right away.
That sounds all fine and dandy on a "respecting other peoples guilds and their skills", but no guild owes another guild leniency.

I have a problem with making excuses for another guild, and if my guild wants to roll lets say a smash or bubble I wouldn't and I shouldn't feel sorry for another guild if they are not as gifted as my guild with it.

It sounds little too smoochy and lovey dovey for my blood, I am not a fan of bending my tradition of kicking every guilds butt the way I see fit and agreeing to settle down on skills the game has so that the other guild don't cry about it.

More power to ya if that is what you guys do.

MusicRider
02.15.2013 , 08:19 AM | #43
With smash and bubble stun
1 sage healer bubble stun
1 op healer
1 tank guardian
1 shadow
1 smasher
1 combat sentinel in hutball or smasher in rest
1 assault van
1 more smasher or assault van

fortunately on my server we have a no bubble stun/limited number of smashers and pyros agreement. As such typical composition is:
1 op healer
1 sage healer (no bubble stun) or op healer
1 tank guardian
1 shadow
1 combat sentinel
1 smasher
1 assault van
1 good player, class irrelevant; typically though a tank/dps hybrid is preffered

cycao
02.15.2013 , 08:21 AM | #44
This thread delivers.

Tiggy
02.15.2013 , 10:05 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by davaniel View Post

On the Red Eclipse server we went from 2 or maybe 3 ranked teams to 15 to 20 teams.
^ This. Constant Ranked pops each night. Constant communication between teams and a lot of mutual respect including helping new teams find their feet/learn without getting 4xSmash 1xBubblepop to the face. It may be what some consider "carebear" but it's kept the Ranked community alive on the Red Eclipse.
The Nac'mac'feegle Legacy
Healosaurusrex - Afk'sammich - Ohaithar

TrueEquality
02.15.2013 , 10:36 AM | #46
should b able to deal with bubble stun on a rated team to the point where it's not too annoying no?
Compassion: Shadow, Forall: Sage, Equality: Scoundrel, Evolving: Guardian, Coincidence: Commando, Circumstance: Marauder, Necessities: Powertech, Persist: Sniper, Gowiththeflow: Sorcerer, Lovenothate: Assassin, Irrepressible: Juggernaut, Understanding: Mercenary, Trueconscience: Operative

anstalt
02.15.2013 , 10:52 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by TrueEquality View Post
should b able to deal with bubble stun on a rated team to the point where it's not too annoying no?
I think the point is that whilst all the rated people posting in this thread CAN deal with smashers and bubbles, the games are more fun if both sides avoid using them. Since we all play the game for fun, coming to a mutual agreement with the opposition that increases everybodies enjoyment factor seems sensible.
Anstalt - lvl 50 valor 81 Shadow Consular

Currently retired due to poor design decisions within the game that have killed its longevity. Get rid of Hickman before he ruins the game completely!

Tiggy
02.15.2013 , 10:54 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by anstalt View Post
I think the point is that whilst all the rated people posting in this thread CAN deal with smashers and bubbles, the games are more fun if both sides avoid using them. Since we all play the game for fun, coming to a mutual agreement with the opposition that increases everybodies enjoyment factor seems sensible.
Indeed. It also means a more varied selection of classes being brought to the table
The Nac'mac'feegle Legacy
Healosaurusrex - Afk'sammich - Ohaithar

UGLYMRJ
02.15.2013 , 11:49 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by EatenByDistance View Post
If teams try to innovate and break the meta...ignoring the established standard they will find that what they thought wasn't viable might not be so bad after all...
True that... I've been wanting to play around with some different set ups and some are up for it and some aren't. We have some players who are I think afraid to break away from the norm because they have the mentality of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Personally I would like to try more unorthodox set ups just for the sake of experimenting.

I'd love to run 3 snipers against Synergy and their smash heavy teams. I like the idea of 2 assassins now. We've tried a 3 healer team with 1 tank against Synergy and that went pretty well.

Def would want to experiment more but hard to break people away from the norm, especially when good guilds like you guys and Synergy are q'ing. People are afraid to take a loss, or go against the better guilds for the sake of experimenting.

PlagaNerezza
02.15.2013 , 12:21 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by EatenByDistance View Post
2 juggernauts is worse than 2 assassin in huttball. the entire point of huttball is to get the ball to your tank juggernaut. From there you simply need to keep him alive. He should be able to carry the ball on his own or die trying. In high level games you can't afford to pass very often because of intercepts so having that second jugg tank is kind of pointless If you're at the point where your juggernaut can't carry the ball you have a whole different problem on your hands.

meanwhile 2 assassins....one can stand in endzone for the juggernaut intercede while the other camps mid in stealth waiting to get the ball. It is best to have the endzone assassin leave and go to mid while the juggernaut waits to score. Huttball is all about control of mid so having two stealher, knockbacking and shrouding tanks is way more important than having a second juggernaut which won't even make a difference.

also the extra pull is incredible in huttball.
I don't play that much rated, but with two assassin the designated mid camper could respec prior to a warzone and wait to see if you get huttball. I would have them run the 23/17/1 spec in huttball. It has immense survivability to move the ball forward and eat a ton of incoming DPS, especially if they carry a WH shield offhand in the inventory to provide survivability and solid dps. Even though your giving up df and instant cast whirlwind, you still can whirlwind people and have access to stun nads and with DPS a secondary in huttball its a good ball carrier spec because it leverages more force speeds and lowers the cooldown on force shroud, with sprint breaking roots.

I use the build a lot in huttball. I also like stealth and reseting the ball verses turning it over to the team which a juggie cannot do.
Judust Jax
7 days of free subscription! A free server transfer! + More Goodies!
New & Returning Players. Give a Click and Get a Click!
http://www.swtor.com/r/zTCMYK!