Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gree reputation

OpeningToEndgame
02.14.2013 , 06:11 PM | #1
After the 2 week event is over. Are the rep items going to disappear? I know people that have 12 level 50 characters that are just farming and stockpiling the items so that when the event is over they can still max out rep for the next 6 weeks and become Legends. Doesn't seem very fair to those who don't have that many characters or play as much. I have 1 50.

MiaRB
02.14.2013 , 06:13 PM | #2
the NPC vendors will stay even after event is over. also remember the event will come back again.

edit: oh you are asking about the items from quests that give rep points? they dont disapear after event is over.
can't wait for this game to come out!

Vandicus
02.14.2013 , 06:14 PM | #3
MMOs typically reward time investments. I'm only doing the event on one char, and don't really see a problem with people with more being able to farm up more trophies.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

tekhiun
02.14.2013 , 06:38 PM | #4
People that have 12 lvl 50s have invested more interest and time on the game, why shouldn't they be rewarded for that ?
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

TheHungryJack
02.17.2013 , 08:23 PM | #5
From my understanding, the event is the storyline and ship. because the quests are dailies, I don't think the quests will disappear, and I think after the event you will be able to do the dailies and increase your reputation. Don't take my word for it though!
"I'm so smart, sometimes I don't even know what I'm saying."-Unknown.

Aelther
02.17.2013 , 09:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OpeningToEndgame View Post
I know people that have 12 level 50 characters that are just farming and stockpiling the items so that when the event is over they can still max out rep for the next 6 weeks and become Legends. Doesn't seem very fair to those who don't have that many characters or play as much. I have 1 50.
Yes it's also unfair how playing 10 warzones gives you more warzone commendations than playing 2 warzones.

Anyway I've heard a lot of people saying that vendors will stay, so I hope that's true.

Smuglebunny
02.17.2013 , 09:17 PM | #7
You only having one lvl 50 is your issue. Make more toons. It benefits you in NUMEROUS ways. Class buffs, companion presence, reputation, crafting alts, legacy gear transfers...etc..

This game intends you to have multiple toons.

And yes the vendor will stay and yes the rep items will stay.

Aelther
02.17.2013 , 09:19 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
You only having one lvl 50 is your issue. Make more toons. It benefits you in NUMEROUS ways. Class buffs, companion presence, reputation, crafting alts, legacy gear transfers...etc..

This game intends you to have multiple toons.
And it's a BioWare game, which means that if you care for story at all you should experience every bit of it (all class stories)

Jeweledleah
02.17.2013 , 09:26 PM | #9
Vendors will be staying, that was confirmed by a yellow poster.

as far as I know - rep tokens will not disappear. however, I'm pretty sure that farming rep tokens on that many characters is not at all necessary. according to dulfy's guide, you can reach legend in 5 weeks. 4 if you use the tokens in a very specific way, leaving your purple ones for last to go over your rep cap.

also according to Dalfy's you'll need a total of 52500 to reach legend.
if you ONLY do pve quests including heroic, and nothing else on a single character - you get 14490 rep tokens worth in 7 days. do that on 2 50ties and you have more then enough to max out your rep... without ever touching Xenoanalyst, world bosses, pvp or even that one time scavenger hunt quest. so even pretty casual player with a single 50 can get pretty far repwise.

source of my math
http://dulfy.net/2013/02/12/swtor-re...event-guide/#b

mastirkal
02.17.2013 , 09:27 PM | #10
In two weeks and multiple toons, you can easily save up enough rep to hit 50k. Thus the vendors will carry what you need and be all available for you to use in the four weeks it takes to hit 50k.