Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problems installing patch 1.7.0a

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Problems installing patch 1.7.0a
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chiron_Prime
02.15.2013 , 11:39 AM | #41
Hi folks,

Was just talking to a friend with the same issue.
He apparently had recently tried to edit his settings.ini file due to major crashed on Balmorra with his Bounty Hunter. Apprently after editing it, it was set to write-protection (or read-only), so the patcher couldn't write to the file. He basically turned off the write-protection and it patched without issue.
Second hand information, but I hope it helps you all.

tbonemc
02.15.2013 , 01:06 PM | #42
has the patch problem been solved yet

SithLordUchiha
02.15.2013 , 01:32 PM | #43
I tried to reinstall it and now got an NSIS error. will this ever end?

mayo
02.15.2013 , 01:38 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Yes you need to click remove (will go look) or something like that, you cannot patch with unleashed installed as the paths are incorrect and patching will fail.

Here is what you need "Launch SWTOR Unleashed then press "Remove and quit"." You will need to do this each time you patch as unleashed changes the default paths to utilize a ram drive.
HOLY GAME NODESPECCACHE ERROR BATMAN!
I ran SWTOR Unleashed, clicked (Remove and Quit) and KA-POW the game starts up.

HURRAY I can play on this computer again.

SithLordUchiha
02.15.2013 , 01:39 PM | #45
If you get an NSIS error, use the link the error gives you and use the "Final Option". It will bypass the error.

OwenBrooks
02.15.2013 , 01:50 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by SithLordUchiha View Post
I tried to reinstall it and now got an NSIS error. will this ever end?
I personally never have issues patching, now NSIS error is rather unusual anywhere, it indicates corruption or has been altered from its original form from say a virus.
Edit - using final option is not recommended as you could be running something virus infected.
In the first instance have you done a clean boot ? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Otherwise i would ensure basic checks are done open a command prompt as admin
chkdsk c: /f
sfc /scannow
and finally run a memory test on your ram.
From the NSIS source
1.Clear your browser's cache.
2. Disable any download accelerators or managers and download the installer again.
3. Rename the installer so it is a simple one-word name with no special characters (without removing the .exe suffix) Example: install.exe
4. Download the installer from another source approved by the software developer or publisher. It might be corrupted on the server, or the connection to the server is unreliable from your location.
5. Update your anti-virus software (if installed) and download the installer again.
6. Disable your anti-virus software and download the installer again.
7. Download the installer using another computer and copy it to the original computer.
8. If you have the nVidia firewall installed, uninstall the program and download the installer again.
9. Scan for, and remove malware and viruses on your system.
10. Scan the hard drive using scandisk, chkdsk, or any other hard drive repair tool.
11. For people of ROMANIA who use FireFox in Romanian language try this tutorial: http://www.tutorialepc.ro/nsis-error...roblema-2.html

OwenBrooks
02.15.2013 , 01:55 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by mayo View Post
HOLY GAME NODESPECCACHE ERROR BATMAN!
I ran SWTOR Unleashed, clicked (Remove and Quit) and KA-POW the game starts up.

HURRAY I can play on this computer again.
Glad to hear Mayo

Artuer
02.15.2013 , 03:51 PM | #48
It is 4:49pm EST on Friday, Feb. 15th, and I am still having the same patching problem. I am not pleased, and wondering if this disappointment will end. Le Sigh
Argue with an idiot, you must never do. Drag you down to their level, they will. Beat you with Experiance, they shall. Mmmmm, yes.

-Jedi Master Yoda-

tbonemc
02.15.2013 , 04:11 PM | #49
so I take it that the problem is still not fixed

dewayne
02.15.2013 , 04:21 PM | #50
just wondering did you guys try turning your machine off completely. i had this with the patcher several patches and tried thinking what the heck cannt get worse, but it worked
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker