Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problems installing patch 1.7.0a

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Problems installing patch 1.7.0a
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SithLordUchiha
02.14.2013 , 03:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardijedi View Post
Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. I am using a 64bit Windows 7 OS.
so am i.

Ardijedi
02.14.2013 , 03:39 PM | #12
I also have my Kaspersky Internet security disabled so that I can play with less lag and have no issues.
I believe its a permissions problem and during all these patches somehow a file or two were set to Administrative only access. This is why I believe i was getting the same issue. So i restarted the computer and then right click to force the swtor launcher to run as administrator. Worked like a charm.

BTW, my gaming windows 7 account is set as administrator but still had to force the client launcher as above.

Bronholz
02.14.2013 , 04:16 PM | #13 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the logs,

I can see the loop in your logs mayo, but I cannot see any issues with yours SithLordUchiha.

Some players have found the steps below helped them to resolve patching issues. This is one long step that needs to be done, even if you have done some of the steps below, please follow all of the steps below again in order given:
Spoiler

What Anti-Virus software are you using?

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

mayo
02.14.2013 , 05:51 PM | #14
I am using Norton Business Suite and have disabled it to try the update, no change. When it starts installing main assets 103, it still stops at %0. When I try to close the Launcher, I get a "program not responding"
My other computers on this network have updated without issues, it is only this computer for some reason. If needed, I will delete my SWTOR folders and re install the whole game.

Protosludge
02.14.2013 , 06:03 PM | #15
Dont bother, i did that and now it wont even install anything past English Video 1.

tbonemc
02.14.2013 , 06:18 PM | #16
I have the same problem as well. all the MB for main assets 103 download but when it hits 5% a note at the bottom says ERROR (5) . so i hit repair and it fezzes also. Ive tried downloading the patch 5 times and nothing works. I love this game to death but if the cant fix it im just going to stop paying on it.

tbonemc
02.14.2013 , 06:21 PM | #17
and what makes me mad is that im soo close to finishing the sith warrior class and i have already completed the inquister and trooper classes and i dont want to lose ALL my progress

mayo
02.14.2013 , 06:24 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Thanks for the logs,

I can see the loop in your logs mayo, but I cannot see any issues with yours SithLordUchiha.

Some players have found the steps below helped them to resolve patching issues. This is one long step that needs to be done, even if you have done some of the steps below, please follow all of the steps below again in order given:
Spoiler

What Anti-Virus software are you using?

Thanks for your patience.
I tried this and while trying to patch in safe mode it still freezes at main assets 103 at %0.

Protosludge
02.14.2013 , 06:26 PM | #19
I was having the same problems, i tried running at as an administrator but it came up with "certificate authentication failed, please contact customer service". At first i tried running in it safe mode, reinstalling the patcher, fixing the patcher, deleting the patch folder and the patcher.version file. Still nothing, keeps downloading the same stuff and keeps trying to repair it. Once it gets to the install process it gets to anywhere from 13% to 68% and it will freeze. I will fix the patcher again, restart it and it tries to install assets 100 but it gets stuck at 0%. Again i've tried safemode (with networking of course), running it as an admin doesn't work. And i was reading online that it had something to do with CDN giving us corrupted files thats screwing over our patching. I literally subbed yesterday and now i cant freaking play the game. I even deleted the game folder, reinstalled it, and now it wont even get past installing English Video 1!!!!! Such a tease! Just someone do something about this, its so unfair!!!!! And it sucks cause this game is losing a **** ton of customers because of something they refuse to believe is on their end. *********** CDN giving us corrupted files.

Heres the log anyways but i've tried every option that was givin on this forum.

Spoiler

tbonemc
02.14.2013 , 06:30 PM | #20
If they dont fix this problem soon bioware will lose a ton of customers