Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gray Helix - Bound to Legacy (Please)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gray Helix - Bound to Legacy (Please)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AureusVidere
02.14.2013 , 04:25 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
No, it'll still be an issue. This event is hard work tbh, and even doing the dailies everyday on both my 50's won't get me a weapon by the time the event ends. That's not right.
That's why I said more or less, plus if this is every other month then waiting for next time to finish is much less of a big deal. It may not be great, but it's a mere annoyance compared to the situation if this is annual.

schnopsnosn
02.14.2013 , 04:26 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
Gray Helix Components are BoP so that players with only one character at 45+ aren't at a massive disadvantage. Having several alts is a significant advantage while earning Reputation, but some very specific rewards are special enough that they take a bit of extra time and cooperation to obtain. The Event will repeat with enough frequency that you will be able to obtain these items even if you miss out on Components this time around.
So instead of putting players with one character at a disadvantage you choose to put players at a disadvantage that try to be helpful and play a character-class that is needed to get something going?
Great choice, great choice...
I have 10 components spread out over three characters right now and I probably won't have a weapon when the 2nd iteration of this event is done...

Mevan
02.14.2013 , 04:28 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by AureusVidere View Post
That's why I said more or less, plus if this is every other month then waiting for next time to finish is much less of a big deal. It may not be great, but it's a mere annoyance compared to the situation if this is annual.
True but they shouldn't be let off the hook. They need to change the current system and not sit back and think it's ok just because the event will come back soon, though I don't think we'll get another dev response concerning this.

Master-Nala
02.14.2013 , 04:30 PM | #44
Gray Helix Components are BoP so that players with only one character at 45+ aren't at a massive disadvantage. Having several alts is a significant advantage while earning Reputation, but some very specific rewards are special enough that they take a bit of extra time and cooperation to obtain. The Event will repeat with enough frequency that you will be able to obtain these items even if you miss out on Components this time around.
Having multiple alts puts you at a disadvantage in earning just about everything in the game by that 'logic'. Rewarding playing alts is not a disadvantage to others. Terrible reasoning.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni & Hard-Top
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia

Glzmo
02.14.2013 , 04:31 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
No, it'll still be an issue. This event is hard work tbh, and even doing the dailies everyday on both my 50's won't get me a weapon by the time the event ends. That's not right.
Agreed. One doesn't feel rewarded and the rewards feel out of reach. If you wanted all those rewards, how many years would it take to get them? I'm currently tempted to just stop the grind and be done with it.
This game seriously needs to become less grind-centric and more player friendly and pro-fun.

Tatile
02.14.2013 , 04:31 PM | #46
Why didn't you just say that in the first place, rather than the irrelevant post that came first?

And when, exactly, will the vent repeat itself?

schnopsnosn
02.14.2013 , 04:31 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Having multiple alts puts you at a disadvantage in earning just about everything in the game by that 'logic'. Rewarding playing alts is not a disadvantage to others. Terrible reasoning.
This.
I actually feel punished for being helpful and playing the character that is needed. I don't think that's the proper way to do this...

edit:
Here's a little hint:
Give us incentives(like BoL-commendations) to play multiple characters.

JesseSky
02.14.2013 , 04:35 PM | #48 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
They should still be Bind on Legacy. Often times, I'm asked to come with my healer to do the heroic or the ops quest, but I need the helixes on my Sentinel damage dealer who I never get into groups with. They should be bound on legacy.
I get where you're coming from - that's why the weapons themselves are BoL. You'll be able to purchase the weapon with your healer and mail it to your Sentinel. Or you can earn Components on both characters and get a weapon for each of them in the same amount of time, since the Reputation points are shared.
Jesse Sky
Lead Designer

schnopsnosn
02.14.2013 , 04:40 PM | #49
I get where you're coming from - that's why the weapons themselves are BoL. You'll be able to purchase the weapon with your healer and mail it to your Sentinel. Or you can earn Components on both characters and get a weapon for each of them in the same amount of time, since the Reputation points are shared.
Yeah, not really.
It takes me at least twice as long if I have to play two characters to actually get something going.

Tatile
02.14.2013 , 04:43 PM | #50
But if I only the time to do one a day, and come on my Agent some days and my Sorcerer other days, I then don't have anything except worthless components?

Edit: I appreciate you coming in to the thread to chat to us, Ms. Sky, but I feel like neither of us are getting our points across and we're talking about two different things that are very similar.