Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gray Helix - Bound to Legacy (Please)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gray Helix - Bound to Legacy (Please)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Valefor
02.14.2013 , 12:44 PM | #1
Seriously, I rarely rant on the forums but I dont understand why rewards that are all bound to legacy have a token that is not bound to legacy?

Please can this be changed or a reasoning given by BW for why its bound?

Master-Nala
02.14.2013 , 12:46 PM | #2
Agreed. Seems odd that the rest of the rewards are legacy rewards but this isn't.
HARBINGER-60s
Alana-Balance, Myschal-Ruffian, Vodoun-Vengeance, Alan-Combat Medic, Ztephanie-Hatred, Curiosi-Marksman, Angiola-Concentration, Chisami-Arsenal, Rickta-Kinetic Combat

supafreak
02.14.2013 , 12:55 PM | #3
/signed lets keep this going maybe they will patch i before the event ends
Death By Snu Snu- The Spirit is Willing But The Flesh is Spongy and Bruised

Quraswren
02.14.2013 , 01:00 PM | #4
Agreed - The entire Rep system is based off legacy Reputation to the point reputation earned on an Empire toon will transfer to a republic toon. All adding up under the same legacy.

How they made the Grey Helix tokens BOP is beyond me.

Please make these BOL.

Marrtok
02.14.2013 , 01:01 PM | #5
Agree 100% none of the other item purchase tokens were bound, ie the Rakghoul DNA Samples, and the Chevin tokens [can't remember what they are called. so please for the love of Star Wars unbind the Grey Helix, or at least make it Bind to Legacy.

demotivator
02.14.2013 , 01:05 PM | #6
I was about to start the very same thread. These tokens need to be at least bound to Legacy - I am all fine with them not being able to be sold.

I have 6 toons working on this event, like I did for the past couple of events and I don't see why each contribution couldn't count especially when this update was IMO very Legacy centric with that reputation system where all your characters can contribute to your score. Basically I'm forced to stay on my main toon to grind these tokens which defeats the purpose of the reputation grind that can be done on several characters, that's annoying.
Randomizing your forums.

Foambreaker
02.14.2013 , 01:08 PM | #7
the event ends when I have 17 tokens...

shojj
02.14.2013 , 01:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
the event ends when I have 17 tokens...
Got yourself to blame. Guildie has 21 at this very moment, nothing's stopping you from getting more.
Hairless
Incognitous
Baldguyftw

xGBox
02.14.2013 , 01:32 PM | #9
You can get a maximum of 38x Gray Helix Components per character from this very event cycle. There is no reason why GHCs need to be BoL because:

1. You will be able to buy a Gree weapon on at least one character (this assumes reputation can be obtained after the event is over)
  2. The Gree weapons themselves are BoL which makes GHCs BoL at 18x or 24x increments only

This means that you have to commit to getting 18x or 24x GHCs on one character versus doing 3 sets of Heroics on 6 characters and having them consolidated.
Sincerely,
Gearbox
The Software Legacy

iamthehoyden
02.14.2013 , 01:34 PM | #10
The rewards are BoL, the tokens should be as well. The rep system is all legacy based. It would make sense if the tokens were too.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box