Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tachenko_Yuri's Avatar


Tachenko_Yuri
02.18.2013 , 07:58 AM | #971
This is more less what's happening, in medical terms.

Really sick person comes in and asks for a cure. Doctor cures the person for free with a special cure and person returns to tip-top condition. Happy

Some time later doctor decides that people are well enough and starts spreading a virus around, not as bad as the one that there used to be, but bad enough so that people would start buying the cure for it in order to not have their wellness and lifestyle disrupted by the virus.

Cartel Coin Weapon/Armor Repair Kits - To cure your sickness from expensive repairs!

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.18.2013 , 08:05 AM | #972
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
It's better than no solution / not playing the game for fear of repair costs. This is a good temporary solution until a patched solution comes out.
You assume they're going to change it, that it's temporary.

All they've said about it is:
  • It's a "fix" for a "bug".
  • They're looking into it.

If you haven't been conditioned to being disappointed in EA, then you haven't been playing their games long enough.


Quote: Originally Posted by Atownarmy View Post
"Hey, Bioware, remember when you fought against your subscribers before and half of them unsubbed and this great game became the biggest flop in Video Game history overnight and it still hasn't recovered? Maybe stop doing that?" - Just now in my guild's voip.
That's awesome.

Elfa's Avatar


Elfa
02.18.2013 , 08:09 AM | #973
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
You assume they're going to change it, that it's temporary.

All they've said about it is:
  • It's a "fix" for a "bug".
  • They're looking into it.


If you haven't been conditioned to being disappointed in EA, then you haven't been playing their games long enough.



That's awesome.

You have made me sad with this negative and yet completely true statement.

The game is so good and the team working on it is brilliant and yet so many awful decisions are being made you wonder if Produce Jon Peters is in charge. All we need now is a giant spider in the third act.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.18.2013 , 08:14 AM | #974
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
You have made me sad with this negative and yet completely true statement.
I'm sorry. I'm trying to love this game. Really I am. It's just so much fun to play and has so many features no other MMO does. It's a great point from which to build.

But if EA keeps kicking me in the junk whenever I play it, it's going to be hard for me to keep going. Asheron's Call 2 was similar for me. I tried hard to like that game. Lots of sack-kicking later, I unsubbed and a few months later the game was gone.

I don't want this game to be AC2. Why does EA?

(The guy in charge is the guy who ran WAR into the ground, if that helps explain things...)

SturmUndSterne's Avatar


SturmUndSterne
02.18.2013 , 08:17 AM | #975
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Defenders of the increased repair cost keep forgetting one crucial thing.

People want to play Star Wars. Star Wars.

Not Grind Wars; not Trade Wars. If they wanted to play Grind Wars, they'd be playing D3. If they wanted to play Trade Wars, they'd be playing GW2. But they don't. They want to play Star Wars, and want to do it without having to worry about in-game money. Especially when some of them have to worry about RL money too.
I'd love to play Trade Wars (2002). Anyone have a telnet link anywhere?

But, in reality, agreed.

Arlon_Nabarlly's Avatar


Arlon_Nabarlly
02.18.2013 , 08:20 AM | #976
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
You assume they're going to change it, that it's temporary.

All they've said about it is:
  • It's a "fix" for a "bug".
  • They're looking into it.

If you haven't been conditioned to being disappointed in EA, then you haven't been playing their games long enough.
Been playing since Beta, I have 6 level 50s and my main is BiS gear. It will be fixed, I think it took them a while to realize it was a bug rather than just qq over a change. The time it's taking to fix is annoying, but it is what it is.
Support Legacy Wide Datacrons
It's a secret to everybody:
54 68 65 20 31 34 31 20 31 35 36 20 31 36 33 20 31 36 37 20 31 34 35 20 31 36 32 20 69 73 20 30 30 31 31 30 31 30 30 30 30 31 31 30 30 31 30

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.18.2013 , 08:23 AM | #977
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
Been playing since Beta, I have 6 level 50s and my main is BiS gear. It will be fixed, I think it took them a while to realize it was a bug rather than just qq over a change. The time it's taking to fix is annoying, but it is what it is.
You know, I can wait until next month for the fix.

What I want is for them to come in here and say, "Yep, it's a bug. Sorry. We're fixing it." Soon.

They haven't said that. Extended silence on their part usually means the players are getting bent over. They're normally fairly quick to communicate things we'll be happy with, but take their time to try to "craft the message" when it's going to irritate us.

I can't imagine why they haven't figured out that irritated players directly equates to reduced revenue, especially after the mass exodus in Spring 2012, but that's another topic entirely.

Przemo_No's Avatar


Przemo_No
02.18.2013 , 08:27 AM | #978
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Defenders of the increased repair cost keep forgetting one crucial thing.

People want to play Star Wars. Star Wars.

Not Grind Wars; not Trade Wars. If they wanted to play Grind Wars, they'd be playing D3. If they wanted to play Trade Wars, they'd be playing GW2. But they don't. They want to play Star Wars, and want to do it without having to worry about in-game money. Especially when some of them have to worry about RL money too.

AB-SO-LU-TE-LY!
YES, that what we want!!!
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

Arlon_Nabarlly's Avatar


Arlon_Nabarlly
02.18.2013 , 08:31 AM | #979
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
You know, I can wait until next month for the fix.

What I want is for them to come in here and say, "Yep, it's a bug. Sorry. We're fixing it." Soon.

They haven't said that. Extended silence on their part usually means the players are getting bent over. They're normally fairly quick to communicate things we'll be happy with, but take their time to try to "craft the message" when it's going to irritate us.

I can't imagine why they haven't figured out that irritated players directly equates to reduced revenue, especially after the mass exodus in Spring 2012, but that's another topic entirely.
I agree, the silence on the issue is disturbing.
Support Legacy Wide Datacrons
It's a secret to everybody:
54 68 65 20 31 34 31 20 31 35 36 20 31 36 33 20 31 36 37 20 31 34 35 20 31 36 32 20 69 73 20 30 30 31 31 30 31 30 30 30 30 31 31 30 30 31 30

Przemo_No's Avatar


Przemo_No
02.18.2013 , 08:40 AM | #980
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
So, you run an OP or HM FP once? I cannot see any reason why you would like to do the same stuff over and over again, mindlessly beating the same content.

It's for the rewards you get, you say? That gear that drops in those OP's and HM FP's is your reward for mindlessly beating the same content you've already beaten? Guess what. Those credits you get for doing those dailies are you reward for mindlessly beating that same content which you've already beaten.

The thing about those credits is that while dailies may be the most efficient to earn credits, they are by no means the ONLY way to earn them. There are plenty of ways to earn credits. Some of them can be even done, or at least mostly accomplished, while doing the "fun" stuff.

Nope, I did them few times, actually. But i hardly find it interesting anymore. Once you learned the tactics, bosses and mechanics (that can be learned max at 3rd time), you just do it as a programmed droid.

You call it fun??

For example I did LI HM only twice. I found the content difficulty and rewards at big discrepancy, so I stopped doing that.
I can do BH Corellia as fast as 12-15 minutes, some HM FPs with similar speed if all group does it for BH comms.
That is the amount of time I am willing to spend on mindless beating the same content.
Not more.

Section X? done few times only, mostly If there's nothing else to do, just to complete weekly - because, except for H4 the rest takes waaaay too long.

Yet I still managed to gear up.

Question is for WHAT REASON?
What can it do with that high end game gear, if there is no content it can be used? Ok, I would gladly help other newcomers, but I am not willing to pay high costs for any repairs just because we died.

Doing PVP at least makes it more useful because even if in full EWH you may find difficult groups to fight against.

And the repairs cost you, guess what, NOTHING!!!

That is being said by a person who never did any PVP before SWTOR
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.