Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ratajack
02.18.2013 , 06:14 AM | #961
Quote: Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
To all those who think that people with 63 pieces should have a higher repair cost : sorry but you're WRONG !

Why ? As simple as that :
Daylies in section X, Black Hole or Ilum don't give you more money if you're in 61 or 63's compare to tionese or rakata.

So why on earth do you think that it's fair to have bigger repair bills just because you have 63's ?
it'll lead to the same problem that we're against... you 'll have to grind more than others just to cover your repair cost.
Just make the thing simple : put a fix repair cost based on your level and that's it.

More seriously... the only way to have it fair is if Bioware make all 61 and 63 pieces durability higher than any lower level pieces : so the higher your armor pieces the higher your durability.. and repair bill.

But right now they don't make any difference, or if they do it's broken, on whatever armor pieces you have and all repair bills are way too high.
Should 63's have the same repair cost as 2's? Should campaign gear have the same repair costs the gear you start in? After all, those dailies you mentioned don't give more credits if you're in campaign gear than they would if you were in starting gear.

Repair gear should be based on the level of the gear, not the player. With moddable gear that means it should be based on the level and value of the item modifications, but not the level or value of the shell. Purple 15's should cost more to repair than blue 15's and purple 63's should cost more to repair than purple 61's. It should not cost more to repair a purple campaign shell with all 63's than to repair a level 15 orange shell with those same 63's.

Ratajack
02.18.2013 , 06:26 AM | #962
Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
If my guild leader would say something like that , he would not be my guild leader any longer.

I mean, this is ENTERTAINMENT. I pay for this to enjoy it, not to WORK on it. Full stop.
I have other work that I HAVE to do in order to pay my family bills, so I do not see ANY reason to be forced to do the same stuff all over again for months just to have +7 willpower or God Knows What other statistic.

To certain extent people who do those daillies/weeklies constantly must be somehow masochists.

I cannot see any other reason why you would like to do the same stuff over and over again, mindlessly beating the same content forever.

Once you did finished something (i.e. beaten the full op, or FP), got your rewards, you're done.
Over.
So, you run an OP or HM FP once? I cannot see any reason why you would like to do the same stuff over and over again, mindlessly beating the same content.

It's for the rewards you get, you say? That gear that drops in those OP's and HM FP's is your reward for mindlessly beating the same content you've already beaten? Guess what. Those credits you get for doing those dailies are you reward for mindlessly beating that same content which you've already beaten.

The thing about those credits is that while dailies may be the most efficient to earn credits, they are by no means the ONLY way to earn them. There are plenty of ways to earn credits. Some of them can be even done, or at least mostly accomplished, while doing the "fun" stuff.

slafko
02.18.2013 , 06:33 AM | #963
Defenders of the increased repair cost keep forgetting one crucial thing.

People want to play Star Wars. Star Wars.

Not Grind Wars; not Trade Wars. If they wanted to play Grind Wars, they'd be playing D3. If they wanted to play Trade Wars, they'd be playing GW2. But they don't. They want to play Star Wars, and want to do it without having to worry about in-game money. Especially when some of them have to worry about RL money too.

Ratajack
02.18.2013 , 06:39 AM | #964
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Defenders of the increased repair cost keep forgetting one crucial thing.

People want to play Star Wars. Star Wars.

Not Grind Wars; not Trade Wars. If they wanted to play Grind Wars, they'd be playing D3. If they wanted to play Trade Wars, they'd be playing GW2. But they don't. They want to play Star Wars, and want to do it without having to worry about in-game money. Especially when some of them have to worry about RL money too.
Should we give everyone everything for free? That way no one has to worry about in-game money. Everybody can just run around waving their glow sticks and playing Star Wars. That would be kind of ridiculous, wouldn't it? So why is it ridiculous for players to actually do something to earn credits?

slafko
02.18.2013 , 06:42 AM | #965
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Should we give everyone everything for free? That way no one has to worry about in-game money. Everybody can just run around waving their glow sticks and playing Star Wars. That would be kind of ridiculous, wouldn't it? So why is it ridiculous for players to actually do something to earn credits?
I'm sorry, did you quote my post by accident?

atschai
02.18.2013 , 06:43 AM | #966
I recently paid 200k for 3 hours of raiding on my main and 30k for repairs on my level 37 twink (Which was like half the money I had!)
So, yeah its too much.

LydMekk
02.18.2013 , 07:24 AM | #967
So, EA, why are we still discussing this? Fix it already!

DarthTHC
02.18.2013 , 07:47 AM | #968
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipacnaa View Post
Wow. I mean just .. Wow.

I cannot believe those that defend this price increase. Pointing out that something was worse 10 months ago does not mean it's ok for them to "fix" the repair costs now. The game had finally caught momentum again, then this...

Most recent personal example: helped two relatively new guild players do LI caused 4 wipes and cost me 90k. We are casual players. I do BH and Section-X once or twice a week. I can't afford this if it keeps going.
They defend anything EA does. I don't know why.

Between 1.2 (repair cost decrease) and 1.7, none of them ever submitted a bug report or made a forum post saying, "OMG the repair costs are too LOW! Fix it NOW!"

And of all the bugs that exist that make the game suck for people and people complain about, EA "fixed" a "bug" that makes things worse for everybody who plays the PvE game and that nobody in 10+ months ever complained about?

Who at EA is thinking about what they're doing and why they do it and how it affects players and the game? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

It's like they're telling us to GolfTangoFoxtrotOscar. *shrug* Maybe we should.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Atownarmy
02.18.2013 , 07:48 AM | #969
In the big picture: this is a game. In my opinion, it's a great game. We shouldn't limit ANYONE who wants to play the game. If people can't play as often as they'd like because of a simple change like this, I don't see how you can condone that. The game should never work against itself in letting people enjoy it.

Right now you're limiting my ability to play a game that I like, and I'm paying for.

"Hey, Bioware, remember when you fought against your subscribers before and half of them unsubbed and this great game became the biggest flop in Video Game history overnight and it still hasn't recovered? Maybe stop doing that?" - Just now in my guild's voip.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Justicar | International Guild

Arlon_Nabarlly
02.18.2013 , 07:52 AM | #970
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
the problem with your "solution" is that everyone will be stuck wearing the same fugly end game gear that plenty of people hate so much to begin with

Sure it avoids the repair costs, but at the cost of being stuck in fugly gear. I know i worked really hard & spent lots of credits to find gear that i really liked wearing.
It's better than no solution / not playing the game for fear of repair costs. This is a good temporary solution until a patched solution comes out.