Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mothear
02.17.2013 , 09:17 PM | #931
Quote: Originally Posted by gamorrean View Post
have you even tried getting a reply from a tky, automated response, yada yada and then nothing happens, i have a level 22 in cartel gear, died once 9k repair, Bug Yes, BW/EA doing anything about it NO, almost a thousand replays and you are saying everyone is wrong and your right......

people are unsubbing left and right and rightfully so, example,. Gree daily's and BH daily's, never died once on my jug, made around 88k spent 67k on repairs, how is 1 and a half hours of grinding for 21k in cash fun?
I said it was a bug, it will be fixed, some people here want the repair increases reversed to prior to 1.7 even though it wasn't working correctly. Oh and yes people who are saying that you cannot level because of the repair costs are wrong, it has next to no impact on the levelling experience, unless of course you keep wiping in FP's or so it seems.

DarthBama
02.17.2013 , 09:22 PM | #932
Just to make sure Bioware picks up on this trend in this gigantic thread. The increased gear repair costs seem to be disproportionally affecting tanks more than anyone else.

annabethchase
02.17.2013 , 09:31 PM | #933
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
In this case it is very possible to satisfy everyone, since no-one was complaining about low repair costs before. So, setting those back to where they were or finding a sensible way to increase them if they must would be considered a win-win situation.
People have complained the whole time about a terrible economy and crafting that isn't useful. If this helps the economy I'm all for it.

People have been complaining about unprepared players pretending to be qualified for hard and nightmare modes. If this gets them back to their approrpriate story mode level to learn to play, then we're all better off.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

annabethchase
02.17.2013 , 09:33 PM | #934
Quote: Originally Posted by SDTAXantos View Post
I haven't been able to play for the past couple weeks as my GPU died and am waiting on an RMA. If what I am reading on the forums is as dumb as it sounds, maybe I just won't come back.
It's not true enough to matter. Much ado about nothing
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

NwahsNirom
02.17.2013 , 10:33 PM | #935
I am torn on this issue. I think I understand why Bioware made the change: that 63 level gear should be more expensive to repair than 58, for example. I get that. I think the problem is that, and I could be wrong about this, Bioware never said before that this wasn't working as intended, so it feels like a very fast, very intense change to the dynamic of how we play. If I'm wrong, and it was announced previously, then I think the amount of responses in this thread show how that information wasn't salient enough in the community.

The debate over whether this helps the economy or not is questionable. Sure, the hardcore players and smart crafters/Reverse Engineers have had way too much money until now. But I'd wager that's a very small percentage of the population.

For my part, Bioware, I am a Guardian tank that, for the next few months due to this semester of grad school, only has time to play the game a few hours a week, and I choose to spend those hours in Nim Denova and HM TFB. Even if I go without wiping at all, which is unexpected considering I think you did a good job of making your hardest content in the game very hard, I have a lot of repair costs that I don't personally believe I have the time to earn enough income to afford.

I'm not sure I've ever taken the time to fully understand why repair costs exist in the first place, but I'm not sure I should have to. If it's to discourage wiping, I'm pretty sure the emotional annoyance of wiping is bad enough.

Either way, I think things were fine before 1.7, if you could please bring them back, we'd all appreciate it. Thanks.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website

Ebon Hawk | Guild Leader | PvE, PvP

Totaltrash
02.17.2013 , 10:37 PM | #936
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
People have complained the whole time about a terrible economy and crafting that isn't useful. If this helps the economy I'm all for it.

People have been complaining about unprepared players pretending to be qualified for hard and nightmare modes. If this gets them back to their approrpriate story mode level to learn to play, then we're all better off.
Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong!

Aside from newbies in greens and blues, the people who get punished the most are the ones who raid!
You cannot buy Dread or Campaign shells, but those are the shells that cost the most to repair.

Whereas people who just buy the mods from crafters and put them into cheap orange or PVP shells are ones punished the least by the new repair costs.

HKtheindomitable
02.17.2013 , 10:57 PM | #937
Statement: I'm not liking the cost change. I've been playing since launch, and have only reached the three million credit mark for the second time. Not once have I hit four. And now with this, Ops and Flashpoints are not as fun because I'm spending so much. Doing dailies gets boring. I have eight characters, one of each class at level fifty, and just running the Black Hole daily area on each of them gets so boring. I have yet to do that on all eight in one day.

Statement: But to keep the repair cost from being a diminishing return, I'm going to have to start doing that. Which means no more alts. No more playing any story, which is what this game is mostly built upon.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Pot5/Ebon Hawk | Justicar | International Guild

TheCoza
02.17.2013 , 10:59 PM | #938
See, I play when I can, and at times leave my subscription on while I'm not playing, maybe months or more. Currently, I haven't played for a while, and I have about a week left on my current sub. I was quite ready to renew my sub, but reading this is truly putting me off even doing it. Just my opinion, and feelings on this.

Omniscientearl
02.18.2013 , 12:05 AM | #939
Quote: Originally Posted by Saitada View Post
I'm saying, I don't see the problem. It's not difficult to make credits in this game. Nor is the amount of time to make credits in this game egregious compared to other games. The only ones I see crying are the special Cupcakes who want everything handed to them w/o having to do any back effort to get it.

I'm from the good old Eq1 days when Hell Levels still existed before people like you whined and got them removed. When making Plat in the game took effort and time. Raids have always been expensive. Wipes have always been expensive. Corpse Runs were a real pain, till people wined and SOE added the cemetery. As they systematically removed the things in the game that made the game an actual challenge the game became easier and easier and those of us who played for the challenge, left to find games that were more challenging.

Sadly in this day and age, most of the games out there have little to no actual challenge to an experienced player like myself, and all I see when I see people screaming about having to actually do some back work to get what they want, is a bunch of self entitled babies who are so used to having everything handed to them on a silver platter from other games that they get upset when God Forbid, they actually have to put some effort into this game to get what they want. Not, mind you, that this game takes any real effort to do either, it's pablum at it's worst.

Only reason I'm even playing it is I like the SW IP and wish this game was about 10 times harder than it currently is.
Wasn't it possible in the forest city (Can't remember the name, I was quite a bit younger when I played) for people to push you off the walkways to your death as well? I seem to remember a lot of death and no real progression for me when I was playing that game back then. Of course I was young and stupid as well.
Light of the RepublicThe Harbinger Light of the Empire
The Manar Legacy
Irila Aliri Liarrha Riallha
Irala Alarrhi Arrhili Alirrha

Catharian
02.18.2013 , 12:13 AM | #940
well i just hit the repair bill issue for the first time...Took screenies to prove it too. LVL 15 toon. my gear is mostly adaptive oranges. had 2 greens in the yelow after about 7-8 wipes. rest of my gear (the oranges) were at around 50%
my repair bill was 5500 credits. 5500 credits on a lvl 15 toon is insane. i pretty much only pvp on my 50's so i hadn't seen the issue until now. I'm a believer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.