Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Levity's Avatar


Levity
02.17.2013 , 11:42 AM | #901
Quote: Originally Posted by Socialist View Post
Compare it to music.

Not many people can listen to 2 hours of Bizet or Debussy. They are staggering masterpieces though. With unbelievable complexity, I can not even imagine what goes in the mind of someone like Debussy when he is composing, it is just so utterly beyond me...

But more than 1 billion people can repeatedly enjoy Gangnam Style, a far less complex piece, but not bad either.



There are plenty of indie games that are fantastic and have no obligations to communicate with the masses. And even some non-indie ones like Dark Souls, a shining beacon in the mainstream gaming media.
Dark Souls is an amazing piece of gaming history.

tdgesq's Avatar


tdgesq
02.17.2013 , 11:43 AM | #902
Quote: Originally Posted by Levity View Post
I've read pretty much this entire thread, and yes there is a lot of "HAND ME THIS" sounding posts. And the point I had here, as obviously you don't have the mentality to deduce from my statement, is a casual player can play the game and not worry about repair costs since the casual content won't ever burden them because of repairs. Now raids aren't casual content so for someone who complains he is a casual player doing raids, but does nothing for the upkeep of doing said raids doesn't have a reason to complain. And no it reveals me as someone who solves the issue. Repair costs went up, I put forth more effort to make more money. Issue solved. Your complaining reveals you as a useless customer who can not be satisfied. No company sees unsatisfiable customers as an asset and will never listen to them, and will welcome them the option to just leave without any regret on their end.
Yes, because we all know the old adage: "The customer is always useless."

Of course it is obvious that it will be quite easy for EA to satisfy the customer. Do a patch tomorrow that reverts the repair system to the way it was. A repair system that nobody here ever complained about, you included.

Btw, everything you've said in this post is incorrect, I mean to the point of being gibberish. Here is a suggestion. Borrow the car from your mom this weekend, go to the library and check out a book on customer satisfaction in corporate organizations and then compare to your analysis above. Have a safe trip.

Socialist's Avatar


Socialist
02.17.2013 , 11:45 AM | #903
Quote: Originally Posted by Levity View Post
Dark Souls is an amazing piece of gaming history.
Some fourty years from now, I'll have my grandchildren play it
The Karamazov Legacy - Battle Meditation

Free 7 days sub and possibly character transfer -> http://www.swtor.com/r/gYl7KJ

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
02.17.2013 , 11:46 AM | #904
Quote: Originally Posted by Levity View Post
That's why I'm not playing WoW. So yes WoW's not the game for me. I played in Cata. and stomped through the end game content relatively easy but had it's hard moments. And I liked it a lot. I played Mists and it just bored me. There needs to be a median where you go to make the game hard for the sake of challenge, but not make a soft comfy bed to lay on and pet fluffy cats and eat chocolates.
It's sad that the majority of gamers just want ease, because that's not what it's all about. (Well I guess it is for them... ionno.)
There's nothing, no, zero, zilch, nada challenge whatsoever in grinding daylies. I don't even disagree that there needs to be challenge for those that want it, but in what way is increasing rep costs to an unhealthy degree increasing challenge? It isn't. That's why I have issues with your argument. It isn't making any sense.

Socialist's Avatar


Socialist
02.17.2013 , 11:47 AM | #905
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
There's nothing, no, zero, zilch, nada challenge whatsoever in grinding daylies. I don't even disagree that there needs to be challenge for those that want it, but in what way is increasing rep costs to an unhealthy degree increasing challenge? It isn't. That's why I have issues with your argument. It isn't making any sense.
This ^

Dark Souls is challenging. Getting the jumps right in EV is challenging (for a jump impaired man like me, that is).

The old Korean way of grinding is not challenging, it is just hard work for the sake of hard work.
The Karamazov Legacy - Battle Meditation

Free 7 days sub and possibly character transfer -> http://www.swtor.com/r/gYl7KJ

Levity's Avatar


Levity
02.17.2013 , 11:51 AM | #906
Quote: Originally Posted by tdgesq View Post
Yes, because we all know the old adage: "The customer is always useless."

Of course it is obvious that it will be quite easy for EA to satisfy the customer. Do a patch tomorrow that reverts the repair system to the way it was. A repair system that nobody here ever complained about, you included.

Btw, everything you've said in this post is incorrect, I mean to the point of being gibberish. Here is a suggestion. Borrow the car from your mom this weekend, go to the library and check out a book on customer satisfaction in corporate organizations and then compare to your analysis above. Have a safe trip.
And they won't put the repair costs that low because it was wrong to begin with. And your inept ability to summrize my life in any of the above garbage you just said made you worthless to this thread.

And what I say is true. I work in "trying" to please customers and guess what when they hit the 8th call back in a day because they are constantly unsatisfied, all they get is the run around from there on after. So you can think what you want and you can think EA is just grovelling after you guys, but they make money elsewhere, so does BW, so no they probably don't care much if they are losing the complainers from the game.

Levity's Avatar


Levity
02.17.2013 , 11:53 AM | #907
Quote: Originally Posted by Socialist View Post
This ^

Dark Souls is challenging. Getting the jumps right in EV is challenging (for a jump impaired man like me, that is).

The old Korean way of grinding is not challenging, it is just hard work for the sake of hard work.
My comment even stated that "this doesn't have to do with the repair costs issue" so that should encompass dailies.

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
02.17.2013 , 12:10 PM | #908
Quote: Originally Posted by Levity View Post
And they won't put the repair costs that low because it was wrong to begin with. And your inept ability to summrize my life in any of the above garbage you just said made you worthless to this thread.
And what I say is true. I work in "trying" to please customers and guess what when they hit the 8th call back in a day because they are constantly unsatisfied, all they get is the run around from there on after. So you can think what you want and you can think EA is just grovelling after you guys, but they make money elsewhere, so does BW, so no they probably don't care much if they are losing the complainers from the game.
Seeing that you work in "trying to please" customers, you don't seem like someone who's proficient in customer service/satisfaction in the first place. Retaining customers and gaining new ones is the major thing companies look out for, especially if they're not the only ones on the market. If you're losing existing customers, something is wrong with your model in the first place. People who leave will be happy to share with friends and people in their social cycle why they left and what they think of your business. New customers will be less likely to be attracted, for the bad reputation you've gained.

So losing customers for ANY company is never an option. I work in customer relations as well, in fact I train CSRs as a living. The first thing we tell our people is that satisfying the customer is the most important thing. Everything else is second to that. Our customers call themselves 'fans'. We attain 95 - 99% customer satisfaction regularly. I think we're doing it right.

Levity's Avatar


Levity
02.17.2013 , 12:24 PM | #909
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Seeing that you work in "trying to please" customers, you don't seem like someone who's proficient in customer service/satisfaction in the first place. Retaining customers and gaining new ones is the major thing companies look out for, especially if they're not the only ones on the market. If you're losing existing customers, something is wrong with your model in the first place. People who leave will be happy to share with friends and people in their social cycle why they left and what they think of your business. New customers will be less likely to be attracted, for the bad reputation you've gained.

So losing customers for ANY company is never an option. I work in customer relations as well, in fact I train CSRs as a living. The first thing we tell our people is that satisfying the customer is the most important thing. Everything else is second to that. Our customers call themselves 'fans'. We attain 95 - 99% customer satisfaction regularly. I think we're doing it right.
No it is never the way they want it to happen. But if a company sees a consistant issue where customers can not be satisfied with the product they produced, no matter what kind of fixes they try( BW doesn't seem to fix things they just break more stuff) but as the higher ups are looking at it they are supposedly putting forth "fixes." They will write off the product because it has become a liability not an asset and that is a fact. This isn't SWG where SOE needed it for income. BW and EA both gain a lot of revenue in other sources, therefore if SWTOR becomes a big enough sore lump in their pockets they won't hesitate to just let it die.

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
02.17.2013 , 12:35 PM | #910
Quote: Originally Posted by Levity View Post
No it is never the way they want it to happen. But if a company sees a consistant issue where customers can not be satisfied with the product they produced, no matter what kind of fixes they try( BW doesn't seem to fix things they just break more stuff) but as the higher ups are looking at it they are supposedly putting forth "fixes." They will write off the product because it has become a liability not an asset and that is a fact. This isn't SWG where SOE needed it for income. BW and EA both gain a lot of revenue in other sources, therefore if SWTOR becomes a big enough sore lump in their pockets they won't hesitate to just let it die.
Yes, but since people seem to take issue with a particular fix that could be reverted, making said people happy, where's the problem in simply reverting it? No big costly marketing operation needed. No headache over losing customers. Simple. Everyone, well, except you, would be happy and I have yet to understand why you're against it, because with all that taken into consideration, BW would be silly not to revert it.