Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

astrobearx
02.14.2013 , 01:29 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Levity View Post
By the time I was 45 on my first character, Jedi Guardian, I had almost a mil. Not everyone is an economist and look into how to get money, people just want **** handed to them. And that is all this entire thread is. Every game has a rediculous repair cost for the better gear you have. Learn to make money, it's not hard. On my server I sell stacks of terenthium(10 per stack.) For 7k a stack. 7... K... a stack. For the GRADE 1 underowlrd metal. Usually that's 2 underworld missions in the grade 1 category ranging between 1-5 mins. In an hour I have on avg 60-99 Terenthium. 42k-70k just from that in an hour. Not to mention agrinium crits where each goes for 4-8k. So sitting around an OP whiping for 4 hours will render (just from terenthium, rounded, 300k.) And guess WHAT. Companion missions for gathering are something you can do WHENEVER. So people who have lives, like me. School, work, family, gym. Your 10 hours a week turns into 600k+ from the grade 1 underworld metal while you are doing the content you want. Holy ****, mind blown. Of course every server is different on the scale of what things are worth, but one thing is server wide, *****es want their underworld metal. And here's a philosophy I live by, people will rather buy it and do it quick rather then farm it themselves. My repair costs when the symbol showed up on my picture saying things are yellow? 40 ish k. My repair cost now in the same scenerio? 40 ish k. Where's the difference? I haven't seen it. Cry moar. Oh and I send all five of my companions on underworld missions consistantly. Grades 1-6, broken down, grade 1 : 7k a stack, grade 2 : 4k a stack, grade 3: 8k a stack, grade 4: 9k a stack. Ciridium and Quadrium are 2k a stack so I stay away from them except for adundant yeilds that usually offer Mando iron and Promethium. BTW this can be done with any gathering profession. ANY. So the "I don't use underworld trading for my profession." doesn't work as an excuse. There's some diffculty to SWTOR, just like there was difficulty and WoW. But WoW not anymore, because of complainers like you making them dumb it down. So maybe when everything is handed to everyone SWTOR fans might be happy.
the guy before, learn to use paragraphs

or hell, proper spacing

Cindron
02.14.2013 , 01:29 PM | #82
It's nice there are guilds with millions and millions of credits. It's great that many do not mind doing dailies. Some actually enjoy grinding out credits. But do not loose site of the impact this has on a fairly large portion of the player base. Many do not like to grind or do not have time to do dailies. They come to enjoy a game and if they want something they will work for it. BUT you should not be forced to grind to just be able to afford to play. I shouldn't sign on thinking "Well I guess I better go do my dailies if I want to enjoy the game and run in some flashpoints." If this is not a problem for you than that is great but it is a problem for many. Mocking and calling others out because they are not doing it "your" way or your idea of what is the correct way is solving nothing.

This a fix to a bug or a correction of sorts, I really don't care only that there are a large group of players being affected. Can this game really stand to loose more subs?
It is easy to be brave from a distance.

slafko
02.14.2013 , 01:31 PM | #83
.., people just want **** handed to them. And that is all this entire thread is. Every game has a rediculous repair cost for the better gear you have.
Reading this actually caused physical pain in my brain.

Levity
02.14.2013 , 01:38 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
the guy before, learn to use paragraphs

or hell, proper spacing
That is a whole complete thought in one paragraph. If I had two seperate thoughts involving two completely differing aspects then I would of made another paragraph. Thankyou for your post.

Levity
02.14.2013 , 01:42 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Reading this actually caused physical pain in my brain.
You're one of those complainers aren't you?

Elfindreams
02.14.2013 , 01:42 PM | #86
By the time I was 45 on my first character, Jedi Guardian, I had almost a mil. Not everyone is an economist and look into how to get money, people just want **** handed to them. And that is all this entire thread is. Every game has a rediculous repair cost for the better gear you have. Learn to make money, it's not hard....
In addition to being atrociously spaced, this point is fallacious on its face. WOW and others like it might have ridiculous repair costs for better gear, however by no means can it be accurately claimed that / EVERY/ game has this mechanic.

There were a lot of online games before WOW and many since that have had no repair mechanic at all.

This is not talking about dumbing down the game. This is talking about lessening the pointless, mindless parts of the game so people can spend more time on the fun, difficult parts of it. Operations are fun because they are difficult and challenging. [and if you say they are not, I challenge you to prove to me that finishing EC NM was easy for you]

Mindless money grinding, whether it be through the GTN or through dailies is pointless in part because it is a complete waste of time. There is no challenge in it (as you have rightly pointed out in your examples). Why require people to waste time on content that is trivially easy and nothing but a waste of time when you can have them spending time on the more difficult and fun parts of the game. How is limiting the mindless easy parts of the game dumbing the game down in any way.. Instead it is allowing the game to focus on the better/more difficult parts of the game.
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]

justiceface
02.14.2013 , 01:43 PM | #87
By the time I was 45 on my first character, Jedi Guardian, I had almost a mil. Not everyone is an economist and look into how to get money, people just want **** handed to them. And that is all this entire thread is. Every game has a rediculous repair cost for the better gear you have. Learn to make money, it's not hard. On my server I sell stacks of terenthium(10 per stack.) For 7k a stack. 7... K... a stack. For the GRADE 1 underowlrd metal. Usually that's 2 underworld missions in the grade 1 category ranging between 1-5 mins. In an hour I have on avg 60-99 Terenthium. 42k-70k just from that in an hour. Not to mention agrinium crits where each goes for 4-8k. So sitting around an OP whiping for 4 hours will render (just from terenthium, rounded, 300k.) And guess WHAT. Companion missions for gathering are something you can do WHENEVER. So people who have lives, like me. School, work, family, gym. Your 10 hours a week turns into 600k+ from the grade 1 underworld metal while you are doing the content you want. Holy ****, mind blown. Of course every server is different on the scale of what things are worth, but one thing is server wide, *****es want their underworld metal. And here's a philosophy I live by, people will rather buy it and do it quick rather then farm it themselves. My repair costs when the symbol showed up on my picture saying things are yellow? 40 ish k. My repair cost now in the same scenerio? 40 ish k. Where's the difference? I haven't seen it. Cry moar. Oh and I send all five of my companions on underworld missions consistantly. Grades 1-6, broken down, grade 1 : 7k a stack, grade 2 : 4k a stack, grade 3: 8k a stack, grade 4: 9k a stack. Ciridium and Quadrium are 2k a stack so I stay away from them except for adundant yeilds that usually offer Mando iron and Promethium. BTW this can be done with any gathering profession. ANY. So the "I don't use underworld trading for my profession." doesn't work as an excuse. There's some diffculty to SWTOR, just like there was difficulty and WoW. But WoW not anymore, because of complainers like you making them dumb it down. So maybe when everything is handed to everyone SWTOR fans might be happy.
Who asked to be handed anything? Seriously. I want to know. Find it. And yes we will continue to "cry moar" and all you'll be able to do is post about how are awesome your econ money making skills are and we will continue to not care.

Levity
02.14.2013 , 01:48 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfindreams View Post
In addition to being atrociously spaced, this point is fallacious on its face. WOW and others like it might have ridiculous repair costs for better gear, however by no means can it be accurately claimed that / EVERY/ game has this mechanic.

There were a lot of online games before WOW and many since that have had no repair mechanic at all.

This is not talking about dumbing down the game. This is talking about lessening the pointless, mindless parts of the game so people can spend more time on the fun, difficult parts of it. Operations are fun because they are difficult and challenging. [and if you say they are not, I challenge you to prove to me that finishing EC NM was easy for you]

Mindless money grinding, whether it be through the GTN or through dailies is pointless in part because it is a complete waste of time. There is no challenge in it (as you have rightly pointed out in your examples). Why require people to waste time on content that is trivially easy and nothing but a waste of time when you can have them spending time on the more difficult and fun parts of the game. How is limiting the mindless easy parts of the game dumbing the game down in any way.. Instead it is allowing the game to focus on the better/more difficult parts of the game.
Ok so sending your companions on crewskills when you are sitting doing what you want to do is a grind? You realize SWTOR broke the whole grinding to make money with this mechanic. But apperently everyone here fails to see it.

Elfindreams
02.14.2013 , 01:51 PM | #89
Ok so sending your companions on crewskills when you are sitting doing what you want to do is a grind? You realize SWTOR broke the whole grinding to make money with this mechanic. But apperently everyone here fails to see it.
Perhaps many of us do see it but have a broader view of things than you seem to give us credit for.

As to your specific point....
Click on crew skill, click on companion, click on mission, submit... repeat 5 times, wait 30 minutes do it again, and again, and again, and again.... gather results, sell on GTN, repeat....

How is that /not/ grinding?
It is practically the encyclopedic description of the term.

Frankly anything that a macro could do easier or even better than a human can is grinding. There is no point to it. There is no challenge. Grinding.
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]

TUXs
02.14.2013 , 01:51 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by justiceface View Post
Who asked to be handed anything? Seriously. I want to know. Find it. And yes we will continue to "cry moar" and all you'll be able to do is post about how are awesome your econ money making skills are and we will continue to not care.
Nobody did, he's just trolling and bragging.

Bottom line: This hurts the game in every possible way. There's ZERO benefit from it. The players with tons of credits will continue to have less tons of credits. Every other player is hurt by this.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)