Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MajikMyst
02.17.2013 , 05:53 AM | #861
Well.. Lastnight my guild spent the night wiping on Kephess HM in EC.. On average we spent about 200k per player.. That comes out to about 1.6 million in repair costs for a night of wiping on Kephess.. No.. For whatever reason we could not get him down.. Bottom line is, that is simply to stiff for our guild bank.. Not all of us live in this game and care to do dailies on a daily basis.. The gree dailies are already boring.. Especially Catalysis..

Please understand, we don't mind paying repair bills.. But there comes a point where you just feel you are being ripped off by the game.. I mean let's face it, there is no real Hutt Cartel, why is the GTN talking such a large cut of my sales?? Bottom line is, for the average and casual player, the current prices of repairs does nothing but prevent people from playing the game.. The mobs in EC drop next to nothing when it comes to credits.. That goes for all ops except for TFB.. To be honest, running an op should be a means to make money even with a couple of wipes here and there.. No.. I do not expect to make money wiping on the last boss like we did tonight.. But then again, I don't feel paying the repair costs that we paid is fair either..

Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Osryri
02.17.2013 , 05:58 AM | #862
Quote: Originally Posted by LaynaTan View Post
Wich leads us right back to the question of playing-styles... everyone should have the choice to play with players of similar or higher skill, yes.
But the high repair costs also hurt those who choose to show less experiences players the ropes; if death ends up being too expensive, we loose those teachers, and we propably loose future flashpoint-partners because they are no longer tutored and cannot afford the wipes you get with a completely inexperiences group -> Some of them might never appear in Hardmode, so those who want to run them loose possible partners.

I actually do not know the golden way here, I feely admit that... best idea I have would be some item that discounts the next repair when you are running as "mentor"... the Problem is I have no idea how you would recognise said mentor.

Layna

PS: I support any system that means you can support your repair-costs without dailies ^^
Exactly. Were not all super hardcore players.

Lent_San
02.17.2013 , 06:21 AM | #863
I don't even run OPs or too many flashpoints, but I fully support those who do and ask for the repair costs to be lowered again.

Even I see changes in my playing style currently leveling up a smuggler, as I avoid difficult encounters now (didn't do so before) and chose to come back when I'm ridiculously overgeared for that certain mob.

Why? Because it saves me credits in case I die.

Is that really the style of playing BW wants to enforce in this game? Wouldn't think so.

Raideag
02.17.2013 , 06:49 AM | #864
I hate to break it to you but it's not the so called repair costs, It's the attitude and mentality of the players that screw up their own in-game pocket. For one I haven't noticed any sort of high repair costs in game so go figure. Maybe it's because when I do OP's and or FP's we take are time to explain things instead of running in with you hands half cocked.

The other day I was in a FP and I started marking things and CC'ing certain mobs and the tank was clueless, just started attacking the first thing in his path breaking CC left and right. I told him the marks usually are up for a reason like for CC'ing or attack order. He's like what's that, of course he did die like 20 times during Kaon under siege for just being plain stupid. So in summary if your having High repair cost, maybe you need to re-examine your play style and try another approach.
The Wampas Legacy - lvl 50 - Jedi Covenant
Genla (50) Ossktini (50) Aldius (50) Dodman (50) Senturi (50) Maffis (50)
Raideag (50) Osskto (50)

baskboy
02.17.2013 , 06:50 AM | #865
Wel i can only say bump so this thread keeps on top.
We didt HM denova yesterday and everyone lost around 300k repair cost.

Please decrease the price beqeus people dont want to run the whole day daily's

Raideag
02.17.2013 , 06:52 AM | #866
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Not all of us live in this game and care to do dailies on a daily basis.. The gree dailies are already boring.. Especially Catalysis..
I wouldn't say they are boring, the problem is there isn't enough mobs in the area. Need to increase the mob density like Section X was before they nerfed it.
The Wampas Legacy - lvl 50 - Jedi Covenant
Genla (50) Ossktini (50) Aldius (50) Dodman (50) Senturi (50) Maffis (50)
Raideag (50) Osskto (50)

FreePrometheus
02.17.2013 , 06:53 AM | #867
I actually feel really bad for you guys. That sort of cost for something like repairs would really get on my nerves.

I dont do much, actually, any unless you count general enemies, PVE. And i dont PVP. So i havent felt this burn. Normal gear seems the same. Even when its modded to awesomness.

I may not be in your position. But this REALLY needs fixing. For a lot of people WZ and FP and such are a big part of the reason people play this game. By bumping up the prices to an extreme it only serves to drive that part of the player base away. And from what i can see, from in game chat, forums etc... most of the playerbase does the above things.

I hope it gets sorted for you guys soon. BW need to get their act together on this one. I'm usually the first to come to BW's defense, but there isnt one for this. It is a big problem. As this thread shows.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo
my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. - Yoda

Lent_San
02.17.2013 , 06:56 AM | #868
Quote: Originally Posted by Raideag View Post
I hate to break it to you but it's not the so called repair costs, It's the attitude and mentality of the players that screw up their own in-game pocket. For one I haven't noticed any sort of high repair costs in game so go figure. Maybe it's because when I do OP's and or FP's we take are time to explain things instead of running in with you hands half cocked.
The other day I was in a FP and I started marking things and CC'ing certain mobs and the tank was clueless, just started attacking the first thing in his path breaking CC left and right. I told him the marks usually are up for a reason like for CC'ing or attack order. He's like what's that, of course he did die like 20 times during Kaon under siege for just being plain stupid. So in summary if your having High repair cost, maybe you need to re-examine your play style and try another approach.
I love these constructive posts.... "If you have high repair costs.... you're dumb."
I don't think you've read many replies in this thread, no?

BaronV
02.17.2013 , 07:18 AM | #869
Quote: Originally Posted by Raideag View Post
I wouldn't say they are boring, the problem is there isn't enough mobs in the area. Need to increase the mob density like Section X was before they nerfed it.
yea.. because everyone LOVES killing mindless mobs...and here i thought people were skiipping trash and avoiding mobs for a reason
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

Uber_the_Goober
02.17.2013 , 07:18 AM | #870
I think there's nothing wrong with higher level gear costing more to repair. However, if that's the case, then it should be more durable, so that it can withstand the harder hits better than the higher levels bosses throw.

And if the OP was true about a loss of 3 durability costing over 10k to repair, then that's just stupid and should be decreased. My thoughts are that he wasn't looking at it right. Unless every piece of gear that he and his companion were wearing lost 3 durability, then that does add up...

But yeah, this is for sure a problem, or else I'll never raid. I'm mostly a PvP'er, but I'd sure like to see all the content. Not if it's gonna cost me hours of time grinding cash to pay for it though.