Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
02.17.2013 , 12:26 AM | #831
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
You seem to be under this impression that speaking up at all is throwing a tantrum. Sorry Jack but you deem to miss the point. As a paying customer, as we all are here, it is not uncommon for someone to voice displeasure with a company and or their product and telling them if they don't get their act together then you are going to take yourself and your money elsewhere is NOT the equivelant of throwing a tantrum despite your narrow minded view.
It's all in the way you comport yourself. Speaking up in a mature manner is not throwing a temper tantrum. Demanding a roll back is not exactly a mature manner.

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
02.17.2013 , 12:30 AM | #832
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
You keep saying this but it simply isn't true. Before, if you had any gear that took slotted items, you paid the base cost without the enhancements of the item. That applies to almost everyone wearing non-green gear. That's exactly the "fix" that went in for 1.2. From what I've seen, every one of my character's prices has gone up, regardless of whether they're wearing "stock" gear or customized, because every character I have has some form of gear that has slotted items (which you will, unless you wear green gear).
But it is true. Prior to 1.7, there were people in orange shells paying much less than those wearing the campaign shells even though they both were equipped with the same item modifications and augments.

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
02.17.2013 , 12:39 AM | #833
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
It's all in the way you comport yourself. Speaking up in a mature manner is not throwing a temper tantrum. Demanding a roll back is not exactly a mature manner.
I don't see an issue with telling them you dont think they had the foresight to see this coming. Those of us asking for a change could be wrong too. Maybe they did see it coming and assessed that their loses would be acceptable. Time will tell but I will say with certainty, thus far their ability to avert these situations has been less than stellar.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

plundershot's Avatar


plundershot
02.17.2013 , 12:45 AM | #834
I just subscribed to this game the other day, I was F2P for about 2 weeks. So what's all this talk about losing people? People come and go, that's what they do in life and MMO's.

Come to think of it, this is what I don't play MMO's right when they come out. They always release them waaay to early. Their whole idea is to let you guys pay 65 bucks for the game, throw in a sub fee and then we'll make it F2P in a year.

I don't think I ever played an MMO where someone wasn't ************ about something in the fourms to devs or just other people in general. You just wont make everyone happy, Jesus was living proof of that.

Now for one of these cool faces I been itching to use

Prabhunath's Avatar


Prabhunath
02.17.2013 , 01:55 AM | #835
Quote: Originally Posted by plundershot View Post
... You just wont make everyone happy, Jesus was living proof of that.
Not a very good analogy since there hasn't been anything to suggest that Jesus ever existed, hence he couldn't be a living proof of anything.
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

ivanhedgehog's Avatar


ivanhedgehog
02.17.2013 , 02:18 AM | #836
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
unlike real life MMO money doesn't have to be a subject to this type of inflation. because its still pixels. you don't raise the cost of pixels arbitrarily, why? because you don't have to. because supply is always artificial and always remains more constant then in real life. because pixel stuff is not subject to natural limits, only artificial ones.

when the price of gas goes up in real world? it goes up because its become harder to get, takes longer to transport, etc etc. it doesn't raise "just because" and guess what. in a good economy salaries rise with a price of gas to compensate, so the ratio of earning vs spending remains roughly the same. the fact that salaries right now are not raising as fast as prices, is one of the signs of depression. but unlike real life, MMO's do not have to be subject to same.

the fact that you are willing to put up with it, doesn't mean everyone else should. the fact that you are willing to waste your time on unpleasant activities and have less time remaining on pleasant ones - doesn't mean everyone else should or that its even a good thing to begin with.

this is not real life.

its

a

video

GAME
under his system, dailies should be rewarding you 2 to 3 times what they were previously.

Chickensevil's Avatar


Chickensevil
02.17.2013 , 02:19 AM | #837
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Who cares, it's fake money. What else are you going to use it for..
Something which makes me more productive, or makes my experience more enjoyable. Just because you may have everything you want in the game already with nothing else to spend your money on, doesnt mean everyone does.

There is a reason they are called vanity items...

Take away the ability to buy said items and you take away a lot of the flavor of the game... then by that notion, all money should be spent on repairs and credits should not be able to be spent on ANYTHING else. But that's not how it works. There are OTHER things to spend your money on, and I would argue that there are far more productive things to spend your money on. That 100k I spent on repairs could have gone toward purchasing something to make my character better, or look cooler, or EVEN help me to make MORE money... Repair is a sink with no reward... only punishment...

Oh you decided to participate in a progression raid? You Must Be Punished!
Oh you decided to go out questing and someone came up and ganked you? You Must Be Punished!
Oh you decided to get into combat? You Must Be Punished! (those action bars are actually meant to just look cool how dare you use them!)
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

ivanhedgehog's Avatar


ivanhedgehog
02.17.2013 , 02:23 AM | #838
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
It's all in the way you comport yourself. Speaking up in a mature manner is not throwing a temper tantrum. Demanding a roll back is not exactly a mature manner.
you are confusing content with the method. asking for a roll back is just that..asking for a roll back. that is not a tantrum.Its not always what you say but how you say it. You might come to understand that one day.

MikeTheDuke's Avatar


MikeTheDuke
02.17.2013 , 02:26 AM | #839
Though repairs cost a lot but have come down since some recent patches. I am certainly not of the view of not wanting new players to join me. If there is any guild, or group of players in gear high enough that wipes costs lost of cash, surely they are good enough to be able to pick up the slack of the new player.

Next I have 4 level 50 characters with a couple more on the way. The total cash pool of ALL my characters exceeds 4.5 million, maybe even 5 million credits. I have enough to cover wipes that are made. I am also a person who, if I am the one who is new especially to a hard mode I will help with the costs of the repairs, I put the offer in there and things are either accepted or rejected.

I can sure, the number of people "RAGE QUITTING" because of the costs of repairs in the raids is a minor thing. But the disparity between the PvE players and the PvP players in terms of costs.

To get good gear in PvP one must PvP, get Warzone Comms, then Ranked Warzone Comms and they can get the gear, dying doesn't cost anything in fixing the gear. But PvE, each time you wipe, unless it is a 0 damage wipe, you will incur a cost to repair. This is the main issue and needs to be addressed. NOT the cost or repairs. You either introduce a cost in PvP or close the gap.
I post about Star Wars on my blog. Check it out
http://xnagamedeveloper.wordpress.co...ory/star-wars/
MikeDodgers @YouTube

Exorabus's Avatar


Exorabus
02.17.2013 , 02:39 AM | #840
I agree with the comments of the original poster.
1 more vote for lowering the "fixed" repair costs. Casual gamers will not be able to afford them and
this will encourage more hostility in the game between gamers.