Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheSeventhJedi
02.16.2013 , 12:43 PM | #751
I hadn't seen much of a problem with this - until last night.
I joined a group for a HM Xeno. I play a tank. One wipe later, and I'm stuck with a 30K+ repair bill.

Umm... no thank you. I'll definitely not be wasting my hard earned credits on performing this vital role until the repair costs are reasonable.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

unbreak_able
02.16.2013 , 01:20 PM | #752
As someone earlier in this thread stated, there is nothing for BW to "look into" or "investigate". You guys are losing subs over this crap while you're "looking around"

This is one of the most ill-thought out decisions I've seen come out of their camp.
Unthinkable
The Bastion

grombrinda
02.16.2013 , 01:51 PM | #753
I'm just curious as to how many people knew this was a "known bug", the previous repair cost.??
I never knew it was a bug until they did this "fix". And of all the bugs out there, Why fix that?? I didn't see anyone complaining about it....?

I really hope they are not making a cartel item for repairs..........
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

unbreak_able
02.16.2013 , 01:56 PM | #754
Quote: Originally Posted by grombrinda View Post
I really hope they are not making a cartel item for repairs..........
Would you really put it past them? This is EA after all.
Unthinkable
The Bastion

Headpunch
02.16.2013 , 01:56 PM | #755
This does hammer the casual players much more than the hardcore ones, and it especially nails those who do not have an artificer and cybertech to 400. If you have both of those to 400, PvP regularly, do your weeklies, buy WH gear and Black Hole gear w/comms, RE it all, then sell the molecular stabilizers, it's possible to knock out 2mil or so a week with little effort.

Now, that's assuming you already have all the gear and just need the money to fund your ongoing PvE play. If you need gear or are a new player who doesn't have any credits, it's going to be much harder to get them especially since leveling crew skills takes a lot of time/credits. I'm fortunate in that my guild has bumped up our repair funds significantly for the raiders to compensate for the new costs, but if you're not in a guild that can afford this I can understand why you'd be upset.

Bottom line, people who already have credits and are at the stage where it's easy to make a lot more aren't affected. Those that are trying to reach that point have hit a major set back with these high fees.
Sev'ak
10/10 (Would Bang) NiM Power

Brittaany_Banks
02.16.2013 , 02:21 PM | #756
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
Strange I just rode out to let trash kill my 50 IA who is in 49 lvl 126 advanced armour and got a bill for 3800.

My gunslinger in 1/3 columi rest tionese (all slots modded) got a bill for 5,300.

Seems if you use appropriate level gear it isn't excessive at all.
So the way to avoid such tremendous repair bills is to either not do the content, or fill my inventory with scores of gear? No. Thats not a reasonable solution. Severe penalties like this in an MMO only discourage doing content. Players who are not skilled enough yet get put on blacklists, and the community of the game suffers for it.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?
#GamerGate

mothear
02.16.2013 , 02:32 PM | #757
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
So the way to avoid such tremendous repair bills is to either not do the content, or fill my inventory with scores of gear? No. Thats not a reasonable solution. Severe penalties like this in an MMO only discourage doing content. Players who are not skilled enough yet get put on blacklists, and the community of the game suffers for it.
Scores of gear? No one set for doing non-raid stuff only.

PlasmaJohn
02.16.2013 , 02:48 PM | #758
One wipe in Mandalorian Raiders with a 27th level mostly orange gear and one legacy headpiece (Consular's something, L10). Except for the legacy piece costs were between 50 and 200cr ea. (expensive) The legacy piece was 1.3k That was waaay out of line. (I can afford it... it's not the credits, it's the principle). Guess I'll have to do buy one of the superugly consular hats and hide-headslot. IMO, that's a cop-out.

You managed to revert the misfeature that benefited the players, so you understand the concept of "revert". Why in blazes did you not revert the "fix" that's costing you customers?

Ratajack
02.16.2013 , 03:24 PM | #759
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
So.. you're not a raider so you're writing from a position of ignorance, conjecture and assumption? Thanks for your opinion. It's all you have and it's just as relevant to the discussion as the turd my dog just laid out in the yard.
If a piece of loot drops for your class/spec, do you pass on it? If you did the OP for the challenge and not the loot, you should. I do not expect that you will pass on the loot, but at least be honest and admit that most raiders raid for loot and not just the challenge.

Nevarun
02.16.2013 , 03:32 PM | #760
Instead of complaining that the costs are too high or bugged give them some data to work with.

--> Link to my gear <--

My group has been working on tfb hm 8m for a while now and we have regular deaths while learning the encounters. Before the fix happened my repair costs were 3800-4000 credits per death depending on duration of fight before death. I have not acquired any gear upgrades for weeks now so nothing has changed in my gear but now my repair costs are 9400-9900 per death. This is about a 245% increase in repair cost, I can't believe this is the amount that they had intended to increase repair amount by.

Just my two cents.