Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Urael
02.15.2013 , 02:54 PM | #561
Quote: Originally Posted by lordnortamos View Post
Alright, this is the last post I'm going to make about this particular topic. These boys who cried wolf are going to be back within the week mark my words. They're only trying to get attention from Bioware to get what they want and trying to threaten Bioware by saying "if you don't change the game so it suits my personal needs I'm going to stop paying to play or stop playing altogether". Bull. Once you get what you want or get a compromise you'll be back, they always come back, it happens in WoW and it will happen here.
Not in my case. I gave them a year. I am done. If they fix things I won't continue to warn others away from their property ( and I do when SWTOR is brought up in other MMORPGS I play. Whether it's on general chat or in guild chat or the forums I visit). If things are fixed and people ask my opinion of SWTOR I will say, "It's best that you make up your own mind about that product." That will be the best I can ever offer them. The damage is done; my money will go to "another".

DarthTHC
02.15.2013 , 02:56 PM | #562
Alright, this is the last post I'm going to make about this particular topic. These boys who cried wolf are going to be back within the week mark my words. They're only trying to get attention from Bioware to get what they want and trying to threaten Bioware by saying "if you don't change the game so it suits my personal needs I'm going to stop paying to play or stop playing altogether". Bull. Once you get what you want or get a compromise you'll be back, they always come back, it happens in WoW and it will happen here.
The thing that you're failing to realize is that people complain when they want to keep paying for a service that has changed to become not worth paying for any longer.

These are GOOD people to have around.

They do much more good for the game than people who argue in the developers' favor regardless the impact of the issue and those who simply and silently quit playing.

Before Tuesday, no player ever said, "The repair costs are too damn low!". Think about that.

Projawa
02.15.2013 , 02:59 PM | #563
How will you spin this one BW? Another 'internal miscommunication', or the 'patch notes were mislabeled'? It would be nice for you if the 1.2 patch notes didn't exist but they do. If intended changes in prior patches are conveniently labeled as bugs in future patches for the sake of removing money from the economy, how are we to believe anything you say regarding anything else in the future?

Just be honest and say this was a veiled attempt at deflation.

Blackardin
02.15.2013 , 03:00 PM | #564
Well thanks for that, there, Yoda. ;p

Unfortunately, some of us can see where this would head and my crystal ball says that they will discover the bug that launched repair bills into space, fix it, and we will all live happily ever after.
May the Schwartz be with you....

JMCH
02.15.2013 , 03:02 PM | #565
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
If the repair costs are not being calculated as it seems that EA/BW intends that they should be, based on the item modifications and not the shell, then that should be corrected. It should not cost more to repair a purple dread guard chest piece shell with dread guard mods than it does for black talon level orange chest piece with those same dread guard mods. The cost to repair both items should be the same, based on the them having the same mods. This may not be the same as pre 1.7 costs, though.
As far as I can tell, repairs and resale value were OK before this "fix".

The same armor piece with nothing in it went up proportionnally with armoring, with armoring + mod and with armoring + mod + enhancement. So, reading the patch notes, I assumed the issue had something to do with empty shells resale, which would drop to zero, and nothing else...

Reading this thread, it seems only some zero resale value shells were showing ridiculously low repair costs, but wearing them on purpose should have been considered a bug exploit, then.

DarthTHC
02.15.2013 , 03:02 PM | #566
Quote: Originally Posted by Projawa View Post
How will you spin this one BW? Another 'internal miscommunication', or the 'patch notes were mislabeled'? It would be nice for you if the 1.2 patch notes didn't exist but they do. If intended changes in prior patches are conveniently labeled as bugs in future patches for the sake of removing money from the economy, how are we to believe anything you say regarding anything else in the future?

Just be honest and say this was a veiled attempt at deflation.
I don't care how they "spin" it. I just want them to fix it so I can get back to doing flash points without worrying how many wipes Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber will cause... and all the rest of the things I enjoy in the game.

translucentwolf
02.15.2013 , 03:05 PM | #567
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
I can do it. I will argue with an Eskimo that it ain't snowing.
Sometimes you'd be right
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

Raiders
02.15.2013 , 03:07 PM | #568
Believe me, bioware is not reconsidering anything.

In their mind they fixed something which was broken... not even understanding that maybe the fact that it was broken saved them. Indeed, I (and certainly many others) would have cancelled my subs way before today if they had applied such ridiculous repair price in 1.2.

Anyway.. the only factor which matter for such company is real money.
Devs do not listen players.. but they listen to their Manager who at some point are listening to the financial director.
Hence, any subscription cancellation does count.. and will be analysed end of the month.

If after 1.7, they record a pick of cancellation and read the reason you attach to it ( swtor not fun , ridiculous repair price etc.), I tell you that the Dev will be asked to change that ASAP.

At the end it's just a matter of who you are :
- a hardcore player who can play hours, grind all dailies several time a week and can afford repair cost.
- a different type of player, who doesn't want to grind dailies just to afford any repair cost in OPS/FP etc. (whatever your reason)

I guess that the second type of players will cancel their subs at some point anytime soon..
To all people who are calling people like me "crying b / QQ" because I'm complaining about the sudden high repair cost, all consequences on the community etc.. I hope that you all have enough real money to give to EA... othewise believe me they'll not think twice to shut down all servers.

Don't forget, F2P and member with subs are suppose to save this game.. but if too many members start to cancel subs..oh welL..

DarthBama
02.15.2013 , 03:08 PM | #569
Where are you all coming up with such low repair costs? I just did a Kaon FP, I got killed 2 times, and had a 70k bill to repair ( which I couldn't afford) so I triaged the gear and limped to the finish.

Urael
02.15.2013 , 03:11 PM | #570
Quote: Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
To all people who are calling people like me "crying b / QQ" because I'm complaining about the sudden high repair cost, all consequences on the community etc.. I hope that you all have enough real money to give to EA... othewise believe me they'll not think twice to shut down all servers.

Don't forget, F2P is suppose to save this game and subs member as well.. but if they cancel subs..oh welL..
and then EA will have to see if the remaining players bring enough money on the table to keep the servers up.
All you have to do is look to WAR to see the future of SWTOR. One or two maintenance servers.