Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

slafko
02.15.2013 , 02:10 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
You miss the point, entirely.
If anything, I'm on of the rare people exactly on point.

Galbatorrix
02.15.2013 , 02:11 PM | #522
Soooo many Drama queens in this thread.

Urael
02.15.2013 , 02:12 PM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
I won't take that bet because it would be unfair to you, and here's why:

Logically, even if I accepted that wager, how would you ever prove me wrong? I put no ending date on "forward". I simply predicted that we would see at least one post from you after your 27 days of paid for sub time run out, specifically "Mar 15 and forward". At best, it could be argued that you have not posted yet, and therefore it could be argued that you have not resubbed yet. If you ever did resub and post on these forums, then I would win and be a million credits richer. Not really a fair bet for you, IMO.
No. When I am fed up with a MMORPG I quit. Stop paying a sub. If I am bored with an MMORPG I "quit playing" for a while and "pay the sub". I Rolled my WoW sub since 2004 even when I didn't play. I did the same for SWG (during the NGE years, I unsubbed for the CU years (thats how much I hated the CU)). I payed for CoH/V until all my CoH/V friends moved on. When I Stop paying for a sub the game is rubbish. The only time I went back to a game was the switch from CU to NGE in SWG, this pretty much made it a different game ( WoW in space (sounds familiar) ).

The most fun in PvP I ever had was in SWG. Did the game mechanics suck? You bet they did. But, they were still fun. It was fun raiding player made cities. I was fun "switching factions" and going rogue or being a double agent. I was fun because it was player "story driven" PvP. That game even had mechanics set up to have a special set of PvP rules in place for certain guilds to be KoS to others and only those that agreed to be in the same "circle". We simulated more than 4 factions that way.

The most fun I had in PvE in a game was RP on Darkmoon in the Early Days of EQ when we where writing fan fiction to support all of our guilds with a Website to boot and playing out the results IN GAME to influence the stories. We RP'd the heck out of Raiding! We took "lowbies" along to high level raids ( remember open dungeons in those days ) so they could "watch and learn".

I feel like Roy Batty now ...

Antipodes
02.15.2013 , 02:15 PM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
$15 a month and all the potential expansions and add ons is lost future revenue for EA. You have always been a tool btw.
Are you really going to quit? Can you please not go back on that?

Maybe you'll stop being an obsessive forum troll and at least spend effort in something your enjoy.

TheRainbow
02.15.2013 , 02:18 PM | #525
It's been said before, your average (male) SWTOR player in his mid 30s with job and kids does not have the time to play in the conditions the increased repair costs dictate. While I can burn money on the cartel market like crazy and afford to pay plenty of real cash, I simply can't afford to play more than I'm playing now. If there's no mechanism for the majority of your player base to stay financially afloat with in game cash they're going to walk away. If my sub hadn't just ticked over I would have walked away already. I'm crossing my finger that a fix is in the pipeline, but quite frankly I'm getting more and more pessimistic about the game.

SWTOR can be an excellent mix between a serious MMO and an enjoyable past time for casual players. The increased repair cost have only tilted it in a way excluding anyone who is not willing or capable to spend twice the time on dailies they'd spend in progression runs.

And the formula that calculates repair cost is definitely out of whack. Below the repair costs for 1 death for

1 x Shadow tank, full black hole , with Cartel Chest, but BH shells otherwise: 9106 credites
1 x Sage DPS, mostly legacy gear, with BH and Dread Guard, 12600 credits,
1 x Commando DPS, mostly legacy gear, with BH and Dread Guard, 8329 credits,
1 x Gunslinger, mostly Tionese with some recruit, 5761

It seems there's a vanity penalty if you wear certain shells.

Lent_San
02.15.2013 , 02:21 PM | #526
The repair costs need to go down. For me, and I'm Lv 46, it's 2000+ per death and that's really not acceptable, in any shape or form.

Vandicus
02.15.2013 , 02:24 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
The repair costs need to go down. For me, and I'm Lv 46, it's 2000+ per death and that's really not acceptable, in any shape or form.
Seriously? 2k per death is too expensive? That's less than single quest at that level, you can get that much by defeating 4 groups of mobs.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Urael
02.15.2013 , 02:26 PM | #528
Quote: Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
Are you really going to quit? Can you please not go back on that?

Maybe you'll stop being an obsessive forum troll and at least spend effort in something your enjoy.
Let see how to respond to this ...

First of all anyone see the irony in how what one person may view as being a troll is not to another but, the fact of calling someone out as being a troll is in fact a troll? Just sayin'.

I promise you I won't be back. I have 27 more days to play my favorite part of the game. I am "still effectively subscribed" so that means I can post on the forums and voice my opinion as can you and others. If you want to stay on your white horse mores the power to you.

I did my time defending EA and EAware until I finally had it. I was accused early on of being a Biodrone and a "white knight". To each there own. I never claimed to be a proponent or an oponent of this game until very recently. So you have a promise from me. I won't be back after my sub runs out.

Blackardin
02.15.2013 , 02:26 PM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by TW-Cool View Post
I wish they didnt fix this "bug". If they were going to fix a long running bug, they should have made the taxis on Coru and Nar solid and not flashing in and out. That bug fix wouldnt have caused an uproar... The only positive side to this is when I die from a PVP person as I try to do my PVE in Ilum, I dont have to face those high repair costs.

This fix and the change to the GTN search terms really made for a crappy 1.7 update.
I know. Of all the bugs in this game, from crashing to crafting to Soa still vanishing from the tank, to Dread tooth and his many antics, THIS is the one they chose to waste resources on? LOL
May the Schwartz be with you....

translucentwolf
02.15.2013 , 02:26 PM | #530
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRainbow View Post
I

1 x Shadow tank, full black hole , with Cartel Chest, but BH shells otherwise: 9106 credites
1 x Sage DPS, mostly legacy gear, with BH and Dread Guard, 12600 credits,
1 x Commando DPS, mostly legacy gear, with BH and Dread Guard, 8329 credits,
1 x Gunslinger, mostly Tionese with some recruit, 5761

It seems there's a vanity penalty if you wear certain shells.
Ah. I'm running in lvl 50 'prototype' ( Dread Scout, cause it's Pimp ) shells, with BH inserts. Each wipe cost me a bit over 18k.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.