Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVenizen
02.14.2013 , 11:59 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
I made maybe 30.000 credits between the levels 20-45 (after deducting my costs) and I'm usually one among the 'richest' among my group of friends. I had to lend people credits so they could buy their skill updates. That's never ever happened to me before.
ಠ_ಠ

i don't even believe you

Vandicus
02.14.2013 , 12:00 PM | #42
I call that nonsense. Even if that were the case (and I'm a fairly experienced player who rarely died up to Lv 40) skill, ability and rep costs rise unpropotionally as you go along. I made maybe 30.000 credits between the levels 20-45 (after deducting my costs) and I'm usually one among the 'richest' among my group of friends. I had to lend people credits so they could buy their skill updates. That's never ever happened to me before.
Interesting. In my recent experience, I now net about 1 million credits over all expenses while leveling an alt to 50(I put in 500k at start and end up with 1.5 mill by the end) without using the GTN and while leveling crew skills, whereas when I first hit 50 I was broke. I'm usually in the habit of finishing just about every mission available though. I attribute this to reduced skill training costs from launch.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

tortcat
02.14.2013 , 12:02 PM | #43
I think the real point is, no one likes to pay more for things. This has been the way it was for a year, people have gotten used to it and theer is no legitimate reason to suddenly fix this "bug".

Does anyone truely want to ever pay more for the same thing? In a game or in real life?

Vandicus
02.14.2013 , 12:02 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
You have tens of millions?

Share :P

we have 2 guilds, one imp one pub and keep about a million in each side.
we just don't have time to throw away like some people do.
Should've seen my first GM. He had 17 million off farming dailies before 1.2 hit. The richest guy in our guild around the time had over 100 mil, though IIRC he was one of those GTN tycoons.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Halacs
02.14.2013 , 12:02 PM | #45
I call that nonsense. Even if that were the case (and I'm a fairly experienced player who rarely died up to Lv 40) skill, ability and rep costs rise unpropotionally as you go along. I made maybe 30.000 credits between the levels 20-45 (after deducting my costs) and I'm usually one among the 'richest' among my group of friends. I had to lend people credits so they could buy their skill updates. That's never ever happened to me before.
My first toon, I had 1.3 million by the time I made level 50 and purchased my new talents, speeder and crafting schematics.

That said, these repair cost changes are garbage.
Proper Dual spec please.
Free flying space combat
Cross server PVP, OP's, & FP's
Fix Ability Delay/misfire

Lent_San
02.14.2013 , 12:03 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVenizen View Post
ಠ_ಠ
i don't even believe you
And yet it's true.

Daemonson
02.14.2013 , 12:05 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinxblog View Post
Uhh, no.

Real progression guilds will not let repairs bills stop them. 20-30 wipes? Try 100+ for some Nightmare Mode bosses. This is what farming/off-season is for. Run some dailies, stock up the guild bank between raids, and then use those tens of millions for when you spend 4 hours just wiping day after day.

Plus, many progression raiders don't sport low level orange shells and have been paying top dollar for repairs.

This is a poor reason.
I am a member of a "Real progression guild" we have not and will not let repair costs stop us. What I am refering to is guilds that are more casual, but still push progression. These guilds will wipe many times on a boss and will not have the credits to keep paying for wipes. They have lives outside the game and do not want to take time away from that to grind boring dailies.

I am not arguing for hardcore progression raiders. I am arguing for the more casual family/fun oriented guilds who want to progress and get the gear, but will be punished for doing so now.

Also, for the people like you saying that people using full 61/63 shells before now and paid the full prices, this is a complete lie. I have been geared on my main in 61 level shells. The only shells that are not 61+ level are my belt and bracers. Everything else was full campaign/bh and before now, I was paying 3-4k a wipe and 30kish when repairing my gear at yellow. I now pay 10k a wipe and 100kish for repairing at yellow. The shells you were using before had no effect on repair costs, everybody in my guild had about the same prices, and they all skyrocketed with this latest patch.

DarthVenizen
02.14.2013 , 12:06 PM | #48
And yet it's true.
i call 100% BS, there is no possible way, unless you are dieing a LOT, OR you buy **** off the gtn

Through all expenses commonly leveling a full toon to 50 you should get around 1 mil extra credits, your claim of getting 30k in the span of 25 levels is COMPLETELY wrong

DarthFamine
02.14.2013 , 12:06 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Should've seen my first GM. He had 17 million off farming dailies before 1.2 hit. The richest guy in our guild around the time had over 100 mil, though IIRC he was one of those GTN tycoons.
Honestly if I had tons of time to play I could make that kind of money. Most i've ever had on any one toon was 3.5 mill
richest member of our guild has around ten mil right now.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Ratajack
02.14.2013 , 12:07 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Furiel View Post
a) stop raiding (noone in the guild wants to do that)
b) cut back on raiding and instead of raiding 1 or our raid nights we run dailies as a group to earn $$ (noone wants that either)
c) we break down all the loot we get for mats and sell the mats to cover our repairs (noone wants that because then we don't gear up, so we can't progress)

So, let me get this straight. You and your guild know that there are ways you can handle the increased cost for repairs, but are unwilling to make the changes needed, so it's up to BW/EA to lower the costs, even if it was a legitimate bug fix?