Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BaronV
02.15.2013 , 12:38 AM | #381
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVenizen View Post
except they're right, it's extremely easy to get credits
As easy as it may be it is also incredibly time consuming and mind numbingly BORING

I thought SWTOR was intended to be entertainment and a leisure activity... not a 2nd job
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

Doctoglethorpe
02.15.2013 , 01:13 AM | #382
Everybody loves tax increases. Who could possibly predict dissent over such a universally accepted thing?

BaronV
02.15.2013 , 01:35 AM | #383
I just created a poll to gauge the number of people who are actually unsubscribing because of this.

If you have unsubscribed or have decided to unsubscribe please go make your voice heard.
Click here to go to the post

It will be good for the community at large to see how many people are sufficiently unhappy to vote with their wallets (and their feet)
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

Aries_cz
02.15.2013 , 01:40 AM | #384
Huh, funny, if it wasn't for all these post, I would have probably not noticed anything. The change came in 1.7.0, and I have not noticed my credit balance to go down much...
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

publicenemies
02.15.2013 , 01:45 AM | #385
so obama is the emperor? We have to pay for obama care even in a video game his tax increases know no bounds

Ceyvel
02.15.2013 , 01:48 AM | #386
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Huh, funny, if it wasn't for all these post, I would have probably not noticed anything. The change came in 1.7.0, and I have not noticed my credit balance to go down much...
Yup, same here. I guess people were used to paying less than 3k creds per death.

It is always painful, but give it a few of weeks and hardly anyone will remember how much they used to pay for repairs before 1.7.

Nicolettexiv
02.15.2013 , 01:54 AM | #387
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
You are very funny.
500k/day for dailies, not including the new event or voss, not including PvP or Op/FP dailies and weeklies, not including space missions, is throwing money at you. Oh, that doesn't include selling the daily rewards, 15k-28k/ea. or crafted items, or mission items (gifts and mats), or random vendored greens/blues/junk. It all adds up.

Tonight, I did 16m HM xeno and 16m SM xeno. My repair costs, in full Campaign? 98 credits. For each instance.
Don't be toxic.

Przemo_No
02.15.2013 , 01:55 AM | #388
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
As easy as it may be it is also incredibly time consuming and mind numbingly BORING

I thought SWTOR was intended to be entertainment and a leisure activity... not a 2nd job
Cannot agree more.
I am NOT gonna spend days and weeks for stupid grinding just to be able to afford an accidental wipe repair costs of 80 K credits.

Sorry, but this was supposed to be the entrainment thing, not the coal mine.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

Nicolettexiv
02.15.2013 , 02:09 AM | #389
Quote: Originally Posted by Angry_Ferth View Post
I still don't see how this pertains to the debate in question. There is something potentially wrong with repair costs and a decent portion of us would like to know what is going on.
Did you not play before 1.2, when repair costs were ridiculously high? The current repair costs are still cheaper than they were. Not to mention the cost of extracting augments. Let me repeat that, the costs used to be much, much higher than they are now.

They've stated that the system was flawed previously, as it was not taking into account the level/quality of modifications in the gear. Repair costs were only being based on the item's shell. That is why they've increased.

Quote:
Dont use stims, heal packs, companions etc. It isnt that hard. do 3 man hm runs. there are a lot of ways to increase your challenge. stop trying to force your vision of what a game should be on everyone else. you were the one that complained that the game was too easy. Some people play for the social interaction, not for frustration or to be a rat on a treadmill.
Or just don't die.

Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
Cannot agree more.
I am NOT gonna spend days and weeks for stupid grinding just to be able to afford an accidental wipe repair costs of 80 K credits.

Sorry, but this was supposed to be the entrainment thing, not the coal mine.
Uhhh... This game consists of questing, running group operations and flashpoints, as well as PvP, all while in a glorified chat room. These involve missions. This is the entertainment.

Corellia takes maybe 30 minutes if run efficiently, with a friend. Belsavis: Section X, perhaps 45-1 hour if you can find a group in a reasonable amount of time. Illum, maybe 20-30 minutes. I'd hardly call that an all day grind. Plus, you get commendations for end game items - Dread Guard or Campaign relics, Rakata implants and earpieces (the implants can be sold for 100k+) .. so it's part of the game, and what is supposed to be entertaining. It's a quest based MMO. Mind you, one day, three hours, would cover your repairs for more than a week, unless you die often. Which, in that case, I'd suggest revising your game play strategies. Run them with a friend, and you've got a decent way to kill time prior to your raid/group pvp/etc. etc. It really is what you make it.

Also, TFB SM Comms run gives a crazy amount of credits. And it's easy. I mean... I just do. not. get it.
Don't be toxic.

FeelFlow
02.15.2013 , 02:16 AM | #390
I also want to add that the cost of extracting augments is also ridiculous.

On one hand, BW came up with a great solution to the perennial MMO gear problem 'I like the look of X but want to have the stats of Y' but then hobbled it by effectively taxing players who wanted to make their characters look 'just so' - which is an important part of SW. The sales for SW action figures must be in the millions - if not billions.

So I think the augment tax should also be removed.

And while their at it, lets have augment kits got every item in the game ie green and even white items can accept purple augments and have their base stats boosted accordingly.