Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVenizen
02.14.2013 , 09:18 PM | #371
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
You are very funny.
except they're right, it's extremely easy to get credits

Angry_Ferth
02.14.2013 , 09:26 PM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
Smart people create their own challenge..................they arent interested in foisting their version of "challenge" off on everyone else.
I'm not sure what I am supposed to take away from this beyond a pseudo-subtle attempt at questioning my intelligence. But if the developers are too lazy/inept/poorly directed to implement proper challenge within the content it's really not a requirement that I find my own within the confines of their game.

If I absolutely love the game despite all it's flaws I might be inclined to do so. (And, in fact, in this game when leveling alts I try to never out level the story content as I play through it so that every encounter is at least somewhat challenging.)

But short of trying content with fewer people than recommended (which I have done before,) or trying content using less than my best gear (naked pvp anyone?) I don't see what obligation I have to challenge myself within the confines of the game.

Furthermore, I don't see how this is at all relevant to a discussion about repair costs, money sinks, content gating, repetitive grinding, or any of the other myriad topics that have obliquely been referenced to in this ongoing debate.

ivanhedgehog
02.14.2013 , 09:40 PM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by Angry_Ferth View Post
I'm not sure what I am supposed to take away from this beyond a pseudo-subtle attempt at questioning my intelligence. But if the developers are too lazy/inept/poorly directed to implement proper challenge within the content it's really not a requirement that I find my own within the confines of their game.

If I absolutely love the game despite all it's flaws I might be inclined to do so. (And, in fact, in this game when leveling alts I try to never out level the story content as I play through it so that every encounter is at least somewhat challenging.)

But short of trying content with fewer people than recommended (which I have done before,) or trying content using less than my best gear (naked pvp anyone?) I don't see what obligation I have to challenge myself within the confines of the game. city of heroes had a system where you could set your instances from 1 to 8 people worth of enemies anywhere from -1 to +4 to your level. That enabled anyone to challenge themselves however they wanted.

Furthermore, I don't see how this is at all relevant to a discussion about repair costs, money sinks, content gating, repetitive grinding, or any of the other myriad topics that have obliquely been referenced to in this ongoing debate.
Dont use stims, heal packs, companions etc. It isnt that hard. do 3 man hm runs. there are a lot of ways to increase your challenge. stop trying to force your vision of what a game should be on everyone else. you were the one that complained that the game was too easy. Some people play for the social interaction, not for frustration or to be a rat on a treadmill.

Angry_Ferth
02.14.2013 , 09:44 PM | #374
Dont use stims, heal packs, companions etc. It isnt that hard. do 3 man hm runs. there are a lot of ways to increase your challenge. stop trying to force your vision of what a game should be on everyone else. you were the one that complained that the game was too easy. Some people play for the social interaction, not for frustration or to be a rat on a treadmill.
I still don't see how this pertains to the debate in question. There is something potentially wrong with repair costs and a decent portion of us would like to know what is going on.

In no way have I tried to dictate how they create the challenge in this game beyond expressing a desire to not be forced to do repetitive content I don't enjoy in order to experience the content I do enjoy.

iamthehoyden
02.14.2013 , 09:45 PM | #375
Think you might be responding to the wrong poster.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

ivanhedgehog
02.14.2013 , 09:58 PM | #376
Quote: Originally Posted by Angry_Ferth View Post
I still don't see how this pertains to the debate in question. There is something potentially wrong with repair costs and a decent portion of us would like to know what is going on.

In no way have I tried to dictate how they create the challenge in this game beyond expressing a desire to not be forced to do repetitive content I don't enjoy in order to experience the content I do enjoy.
sorryif I am responding to the wrong person. I agree there is something seriously wrong with repair costs and the devs should be ashamed for not even responding about the problem.

BadOrb
02.14.2013 , 11:32 PM | #377
I checked it was 3.9 k for 2 companion deaths and 2 of my deaths and got 6 k for the reward so all is good , 44 affection for m1-fx and my 3 belsavis comms . Nothing to see here , unless they stealth re-fixed it ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

LydMekk
02.14.2013 , 11:39 PM | #378
I think they could recover a lot of good will with a simple post: "We ****ed up and tonight we will revert the change to what it was in 1.6 even though it will undo our plans to create more money sinks and grinds. This was a boneheaded move that wasted our the valuable time of our employees and customers. Please accept our apologies."

Wholeheartedly agree.

Feztonio
02.15.2013 , 12:09 AM | #379
if there's one thing SWTOR needs it's more credit sinks ...... /off sarcasm
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Beakertanks
02.15.2013 , 12:18 AM | #380
Repair costs are too expensive.

They. Just. Are.
Kira Carson: "It's like all the fashion designers in the galaxy went over to the Empire."
Me: "Yes. Yes they have."