Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthTHC
02.14.2013 , 03:57 PM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Why am I not surprised? I'm seeing more and more of that kind of entitled attitude everyday. Do you understand how illogical is it for anyone to ask for some bugs to be fixed but others to be ignored or embraced?
I think you're confused about the definition of 'entitled'.

People who are most impacted - raiders - are paying for the game. They experienced a change they dislike. They are voicing their dislike for the change to the company they pay to entertain them.

That's not entitlement. It's being a good, fair consumer. At least they're giving the company a chance to respond before taking their money elsewhere.

Elfindreams
02.14.2013 , 03:58 PM | #282
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiniski View Post
I don't calling you anithing, you are elitist, and that's obvious, and no, I'm a fully survival dps command and full 65 vanguard tank, with average of surival of 98% and we get so many n00b healers, dps, and also last night we teach a tank how to deal with Soa, we help and we protect them and teach them how to do it, but with 160, 200k of repairs in 65 armor, that's not going to happend, in only 3 Op the guild lost 3kk and some of the more support players are cancelling and leaving the game, so you are alone, simple fact, the thing is: if bio/ea don't ifx this, next month you going to play with your shadow.
Wait, what? Who? I agree with you about the change being bad, why are you attacking me?
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]

slafko
02.14.2013 , 03:58 PM | #283
Quote: Originally Posted by theborch View Post
So is it possible to avoid repair bills by just jumping off cliffs right before the mob/boss kills you?
Exhaustion zones do not damage your armor either.

DarthVenizen
02.14.2013 , 03:59 PM | #284
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfindreams View Post
Wait, what? Who? I agree with you about the change being bad, why are you attacking me?
that was meant to be directed at me, he merely quoted the wrong person

Elfindreams
02.14.2013 , 03:59 PM | #285
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSkate View Post
Easy fix. Make the credit cap 2 million credits per character. That is nearly double the max credits I have ever accumulated at one time adding up all my characters combined and more than enough for any player. There. No more hyperinflation and less people cancelling subs because they can't "afford" to play any more. Having to grind credits as many hours as you raid just to pay for repairs - that is crap.
Interesting idea, would need work tho... for example there are high end mods/armors that regularly go for over 5m. Dread guard level armoring/barrels/purple black crystals/etc.
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]

DarthVenizen
02.14.2013 , 04:00 PM | #286
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSkate View Post
Easy fix. Make the credit cap 2 million credits per character. That is nearly double the max credits I have ever accumulated at one time adding up all my characters combined and more than enough for any player. There. No more hyperinflation and less people cancelling subs because they can't "afford" to play any more. Having to grind credits as many hours as you raid just to pay for repairs - that is crap.
2 mil is a little low, 10 mil is fair imo

Levity
02.14.2013 , 04:01 PM | #287
Yeah I just bought the purple hover chair for 4 m ish. That cap would of sucked.

Ratajack
02.14.2013 , 04:02 PM | #288
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Question to both of you then.

Since you felt the repair costs were too low, you voluntarily destroyed 200-300 thousand credits per night of raiding due to wipes to compensate, right?

I mean, if you felt that strongly about it...
Can you send me your credits when you quit? I mean, if you feel that strongly about it.

DarthTHC
02.14.2013 , 04:02 PM | #289
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVenizen View Post
2 mil is a little low, 10 mil is fair imo
Easier fix. If it's so important to the devs to destroy credits, put something cool on a credit-based vendor and charge a ton for it instead of putting EVERYTHING cool on the RMT vendor.

If destroying credits isn't important enough to do that, roll back this change.

Levity
02.14.2013 , 04:03 PM | #290
Yeah I'll send you them. I'll just make them back in a week.