Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Levity
02.14.2013 , 03:51 PM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Casuals are the ones who don't have the time to grind anything (crafting, dailies, whatever) to make the credits to cover the 3-10x increase in repair costs they incur doing what they play the game for. Hurts casuals the MOST, not the least.
As I said before I make 100k off of terenthium in an hour. If that isn't casual then I don't know what is. And that's sending 2 companions, so you still have 4. And you can be doing what you want at the same time. No grind. Easy money. Win/win.

Ratajack
02.14.2013 , 03:51 PM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Yes.

No. Because that's actually what has happened here. Forget whether this was a bug or not. Look at the results. Previously, it cost more to repair unmodded gear than modded gear. So they raised the cost to repair modded gear. And I'm not in favor of this.

And yes, lol. Essentially. Whether this is a bug or not, you need to look at the results. The results of lower repair costs for modded gear in 1.2 were positive. The fact that unmodded gear did not benefit from this change should be adjusted.
Why am I not surprised? I'm seeing more and more of that kind of entitled attitude everyday. Do you understand how illogical is it for anyone to ask for some bugs to be fixed but others to be ignored or embraced?

Kiniski
02.14.2013 , 03:54 PM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfindreams View Post
Agreed with all points except #6. Keep in mind this patch was released on Tuesday... in software development like this it takes at least a week to scratch one's ***... It doesn't surprise me they don't have a response yet, they are probably still trying to figure out what (if anything) went wrong and figuring out the best way to fix it.

Mechanics discussion aside, I anticipate this will be fixed within a month, but yea... it shouldn't have happened in the first place... that is why they need to test these things /before/ releaseing them. not just QA patch notes, but look at the greater implications.
I don't calling you anithing, you are elitist, and that's obvious, and no, I'm a fully survival dps command and full 65 vanguard tank, with average of surival of 98% and we get so many n00b healers, dps, and also last night we teach a tank how to deal with Soa, we help and we protect them and teach them how to do it, but with 160, 200k of repairs in 65 armor, that's not going to happend, in only 3 Op the guild lost 3kk and some of the more support players are cancelling and leaving the game, so you are alone, simple fact, the thing is: if bio/ea don't ifx this, next month you going to play with your shadow.

DarthTHC
02.14.2013 , 03:54 PM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVenizen View Post
yet both require you to adapt to a change, which is my point, he said he doesn't want to adapt to anything, i'm saying you have to adapt to things in game whether you like it or not
No, you don't. Your other option is leaving the game.

The last time I saw so many posts about leaving, the game crashed pretty quickly from ~1.7M to... way less than that.

It's a good game. It's unfortunate that so many people who play it have now stopped doing what they enjoy or left altogether over a change that should be stupidly simple to fix. I'm sure if EA came in and said, "we'll put it back, but we can't do it until X date for Y reason", that would be enough for a lot of people. Heck, even if they say they're looking at it... Or even a screw you guys it's not changing... anything.

iamthehoyden
02.14.2013 , 03:56 PM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Why am I not surprised? I'm seeing more and more of that kind of entitled attitude everyday. Do you understand how illogical is it for anyone to ask for some bugs to be fixed but others to be ignored or embraced?
Ah, "entitled." I wondered when that word would join us. I'd been quite impressed with the posters thus far in avoiding the cliche of it.

It is not illogical to ask for bugs to be embraced IF THE RESULTS OF THE BUG ARE POSITIVE. Contrarily, it would be ILLOGICAL to say "why hello bug, I know the results of fixing you will suck, but you're a bug and therefore you must be squashed." That bug may have started out as unintended, but there's no reason why it shouldn't be delibrately kept.

Besides all that nonsense, in this case I don't think they should roll back the bug because that wouldn't help people who are using unmodded gear. They should, instead, reduce the repair costs across the board to the level moddable gear had before.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Levity
02.14.2013 , 03:56 PM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
I take the "I don't give a crap about any bug, I'll play the game regardless because I love the game." Outlook. I don't like people complaining about a good game because of minor ****. I'm sorry, chat bubbles, repair costs, hair stylists, every other stupid thing every person posts in suggestions is just pointless. The game runs, it's fun. New content will come when they produce. Don't *****. Enjoy game. Love life.

DarthVenizen
02.14.2013 , 03:56 PM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiniski View Post
I don't calling you anithing, you are elitist, and that's obvious, and no, I'm a fully survival dps command and full 65 vanguard tank, with average of surival of 98% and we get so many n00b healers, dps, and also last night we teach a tank how to deal with Soa, we help and we protect them and teach them how to do it, but with 160, 200k of repairs in 65 armor, that's not going to happend, in only 3 Op the guild lost 3kk and some of the more support players are cancelling and leaving the game, so you are alone, simple fact, the thing is: if bio/ea don't ifx this, next month you going to play with your shadow.
#1 you quoted the wrong person

#2 you said baka, which means stupid, you blatantly called me stupid and are now trying to backtrack on that.

#3 I seriously doubt as many people are leaving as you are saying there will be, the hardcore prog raid guilds will still be there, and so will i

Elfindreams
02.14.2013 , 03:56 PM | #278
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
"Hi. We've read this thread and we understand the community is interested in a response to this issue. We are evaluating our telemetry data and will respond with an answer soon."

They've done that for other issues. They haven't done that for this one yet.
Yea, that is... disappointing.

I understand why it is taking so long to fix but the community management fail is strong in SWTOR these days. Honestly the fact that this thread is still going on is sign of that as well... in a properly managed community they would have gotten on and said... something like you said and then something along the lines of but since this thread appears to be devolving into personal attacks, we are locking it for now.
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]

TheSkate
02.14.2013 , 03:57 PM | #279
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
Actually inflation is the minus side. Again, repair costs are what are typically known as a gold sink. Without such sinks in the game, players who have more time to play and farm will begin to accrue a much larger sum of in game currency than the casual player. As a result, the player-driven costs of items is driven up as only those players are the ones paying the higher prices for those items. As a result, more and more items become unreachable for the casual player because they simply cannot make as much money in the same amount of time.
BJ
Easy fix. Make the credit cap 2 million credits per character. That is nearly double the max credits I have ever accumulated at one time adding up all my characters combined and more than enough for any player. There. No more hyperinflation and less people cancelling subs because they can't "afford" to play any more. Having to grind credits as many hours as you raid just to pay for repairs - that is crap.
"Blah blah blah, yackity smackity, and a nice cold glass of orange juice"
Hugh Tasmanian Devil

Furiel
02.14.2013 , 03:57 PM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfindreams View Post
Agreed with all points except #6. Keep in mind this patch was released on Tuesday... in software development like this it takes at least a week to scratch one's ***... It doesn't surprise me they don't have a response yet, they are probably still trying to figure out what (if anything) went wrong and figuring out the best way to fix it.

Mechanics discussion aside, I anticipate this will be fixed within a month, but yea... it shouldn't have happened in the first place... that is why they need to test these things /before/ releaseing them. not just QA patch notes, but look at the greater implications.
It's basic customer service, it takes 1 minute to put up a post that says the change was in the patch notes, we see that this has been unpopular and are checking to see if this is functioning as designed and if it is analyzing the impact of this change and will update you as our anlysis continues.

See that's not that hard, takes a moment to do and promises nothing but calms the player base...but they won't even do that and the aggrivation of the players builds.
Furiel Plush
Cardinal and Raid Coordinator of The Church of Alvis