Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVenizen
02.14.2013 , 03:07 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Of those of you in this thread defending this bug fix, how many at any time before this bug fix went in did you say,

"The repair costs are too **** low! I demand you triple them at least!"

Hmm?
As someone who played at launch and did prog raiding at launch. when they lowered the repair costs the first thing out of my mouth was "Wow this is f*cking stupid"

I HATED how low they got the costs down to, and now that they are back up, i still don't care about the high costs, just like i didn't before (BTW i play tanks so i have to repair more then most)

Levity
02.14.2013 , 03:08 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Of those of you in this thread defending this bug fix, how many at any time before this bug fix went in did you say,

"The repair costs are too **** low! I demand you triple them at least!"

Hmm?
Me?
I've always had a 40-50k repair cost, welcome to having non moddable BH/DG.

Levity
02.14.2013 , 03:09 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVenizen View Post
As someone who played at launch and did prog raiding at launch. when they lowered the repair costs the first thing out of my mouth was "Wow this is f*cking stupid"

I HATED how low they got the costs down to, and now that they are back up, i still don't care about the high costs, just like i didn't before (BTW i play tanks so i have to repair more then most)
In agreement. I laughed so hard the first time I saw a 5k repair bill on my tank after whiping buggy *** NM SOA 30 times.

DarthVenizen
02.14.2013 , 03:09 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Levity View Post
Me?
still less then the 80k columi gear repair costs taht were in game at launch

DarthTHC
02.14.2013 , 03:10 PM | #215
Me?

Question to both of you then.

Since you felt the repair costs were too low, you voluntarily destroyed 200-300 thousand credits per night of raiding due to wipes to compensate, right?

I mean, if you felt that strongly about it...

DarthVenizen
02.14.2013 , 03:10 PM | #216
In agreement. I laughed so hard the first time I saw a 5k repair bill on my tank after whiping buggy *** NM SOA 30 times.
OH GOD NM SOA DONT REMIND ME!!!

I still remember when my guild finally downed him after we should have downed him like 20x before that.... the first thing out of everyones mouth was "NEVER AGAIN UNTIL THEY FIX THIS ****"

Levity
02.14.2013 , 03:10 PM | #217
still less then the 80k columi gear repair costs taht were in game at launch
Rakata was worse ;(

DarthVenizen
02.14.2013 , 03:11 PM | #218
Rakata was worse ;(
oh yeah i know xD i'm just using that as a baseline to give people an example, they think it's bad now, it ain't **** now

Tatami
02.14.2013 , 03:11 PM | #219
"Run dailies" Is not a fix for this problem. Stop being fanboys and jump on support for the fix of this patch. It hurts you too whether you believe it or not. Not having to worry about repair costs was a very good thing for many people. We want that again and people would be willing to quit over it. Some people don't like to run dailies. I personally run them every other day, but I don't want that money to be wasted on something that shouldn't even be there, like high repair costs. Fix it, Fix it now. It is clear what the playerbase wants. Don't keep us waiting.
Begeren Colony Server.
Grim Determination
Tatia,Tatami, Tatiana, Tatsi, Tatsuko, Tatsuki

Levity
02.14.2013 , 03:12 PM | #220
OH GOD NM SOA DONT REMIND ME!!!

I still remember when my guild finally downed him after we should have downed him like 20x before that.... the first thing out of everyones mouth was "NEVER AGAIN UNTIL THEY FIX THIS ****"
We 2 shotted NM Karraga for the server first and we were all gun ho and charged into EV. It went good till Soa. Those double ticking invisible lightning balls + him randomly grabbing a tank into a pylon then dropping him down the instance for insta death. Yeah no thanks. Bring on new SWTOR repair costs.