Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
02.14.2013 , 02:51 PM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by Levity View Post
BW/EA probably don't care since they have big revenue from other games. Haven't you noticed the lack of customer support here? They don't care because everyone complains and there's no motivation for them to care. All they see is complain, complain, complain.

As a dev I would of done this to laugh at people.
So let me get this straight, you would delibrately sabotage your business asset in order to laugh at people.

I don't even....
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Ratajack
02.14.2013 , 02:52 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Money can be made in this game. I certainly have a decent pile of credits. Not everyone does.

And it doesn't need to go back to the way it was. If using non-modded gear was costing ridiculous amounts in credits to repair, then that should be reduced, not everyone else's raised.

If people aren't willing to try things and die then you get:
- harsher reactions to clueless newbies (and that's already bad enough so making it worse is definitely not a good direction)
- fewer attempts at ops bosses
- fewer guilds doing progression ops

There's no good reason to raise these costs. None.
So by your logic, if there was a bug that caused modded gear to cost less to repair, then the bug should be left in place and all repair costs lowered to equal the bugged cost?

By that logic if the bug was the other way around and it cost more than it should to repair unmodded gear then the bug should remain in place and costs for modded gear rasied to match the bugged cost? I find it hard to believe you would be in favor of this.

So, is this a case of "Fix the bugs that we don't like, but if we like a bug, then don't fix it and make the rest of the game match the bug"?

iamthehoyden
02.14.2013 , 02:52 PM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by Larity View Post
Then maybe you should be doing what you are suppose to be doing instead of playing the forums.
Assumptions, man, they're a real difficulty for you aren't they? I have a job where I have downtime. So yes, everything's done that needs done. But seriously, continue with the assumptions, roll right along.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

TUXs
02.14.2013 , 02:53 PM | #184
What personal attack?
Infact, don't log in if the big bad monster is going to hurt poor wittle tux.
This one. I even quoted it.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Larity
02.14.2013 , 02:53 PM | #185
BW/EA probably don't care since they have big revenue from other games. Haven't you noticed the lack of customer support here? They don't care because everyone complains and there's no motivation for them to care. All they see is complain, complain, complain.

As a dev I would of done this to laugh at people.
Actually the bioware dev's due view their forums as toxic places full of negativity and don't like to look at them no matter what good things they do, they will always be shunned.

and since EA made a lot of money from its last quarter I doubt they care about the subs because they'll still make money off of the ones left.

Levity
02.14.2013 , 02:54 PM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
So let me get this straight, you would delibrately sabotage your business asset in order to laugh at people.

I don't even....
You realize this game has become more of a liability for them?

And yes, when they make a lot more revenue from other assets.

Larity
02.14.2013 , 02:54 PM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
This one. I even quoted it.
Thats not an attack, thats just using you as an example tux.

If you wanted an attack, well, my example thread has been removed.

Levity
02.14.2013 , 02:55 PM | #188
As someone said above, anyone who is having issues just come to The Harbinger. My guild won't mind helping you at all.

Larity
02.14.2013 , 02:56 PM | #189
As someone said above, anyone who is having issues just come to The Harbinger. My guild won't mind helping you at all.
I'd join your guild in a heartbeat because you guys have some common sense and knowledge about you.

Ratajack
02.14.2013 , 02:56 PM | #190
Quote: Originally Posted by tortcat View Post
Again, why would ANYONE want to pay more for something?

That's the issue in a nutshell. it's been this way for a year, now its much higher but I get no benefit form this ( nor does anyone of course).

I cannot really understand why anyone would not have some issue with this. Perhaps next time you buy something in game, just pay double, as if paying alot more for the same thing you have had for a year doesn't matter then why not just pay more for everything?
I remember when gas cost about 35 cents a gallon. Am I happy to be paying 10X that much now? No, I'm not. But guess what, prices change--sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. This applies to games as well as real life.