Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZeroPlus
04.08.2013 , 07:43 AM | #1251
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hi everyone! I just wanted to come in and discuss the two updates we did to repair costs with today's patch. These can both be found in the patch notes.

First, this update changed the way that repair costs are calculated for all modifiable gear. This update will definitely reduce repair costs that were increased with Game Update 1.7:
  • Repair costs for modifiable gear will now calculate based only on the equipped mods.
In addition to this, we have made a temporary reduction across the board for repair costs. This reduction has been done to thank all of you for your patience as we worked on this situation.
  • All repair costs have been reduced by 50% until Game Update 2.0.

It should be noted that after Game Update 2.0 repair costs will change again as we remove the 50% discount, but the change to modifiable gear calculations will remain. (To be clear, this means that after 2.0, repair costs will still be significantly lower than after Game Update 1.7.)

Just to remind everyone that repair costs will no longer be benefitting from a 50% discount when 2.0 goes live tomorrow.

Remain calm.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

astrobearx
04.08.2013 , 07:45 AM | #1252
omg noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

meh the prices will be lower than before though
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

skomerko
04.08.2013 , 08:05 AM | #1253
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
omg noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

meh the prices will be lower than before though
I dont think so

NoFishing
04.08.2013 , 08:18 AM | #1254
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
Just to remind everyone that repair costs will no longer be benefitting from a 50% discount when 2.0 goes live tomorrow.

Remain calm.
Strap in and prepare for

zomgbiowarewhyarerepairssoexpensiveihavenomoneyand willnotdodailiesfixitnoworiquit threads.

Eillack
04.08.2013 , 08:52 AM | #1255
Can't wait to see the rage; though I will probably be screwed due to this re-increase.

Things will get much worse now with leveling to the new cap.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

DarthTHC
04.08.2013 , 09:21 AM | #1256
Let's hope it actually only doubles.

As opposed to, you know, reverting to the insane rates they were and doubling from there... Because this dev team is extraordinarily good at not farking stuff like this up...

Watching this very closely.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

deltadt
04.08.2013 , 09:37 AM | #1257
fingers crossed for repair costs to not cost insane amount of credits.

ZeroPlus
04.08.2013 , 11:24 AM | #1258
Patch notes for 2.0 are up, but a quick search shows that there is no mention of the removal of the 50% discount on repair costs.

Up to now, there has been no post by any of the Community Managers reminding people that repair costs will be loosing the 50% discount with the "go live" of 2.0.

If this continues, I foresee some very surprised reactions tomorrow.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Daemonson
04.08.2013 , 11:48 AM | #1259
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
Patch notes for 2.0 are up, but a quick search shows that there is no mention of the removal of the 50% discount on repair costs.

Up to now, there has been no post by any of the Community Managers reminding people that repair costs will be loosing the 50% discount with the "go live" of 2.0.

If this continues, I foresee some very surprised reactions tomorrow.
The patch notes highlight only the biggest changes. 90% of the changed coming in 2.0/ROTHC are going to be undocumented changes that we will not see untill we get in game. The repair costs will likely be one of these undocumented changes.

EricMusco
04.08.2013 , 12:41 PM | #1260 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Just wanted to pop in and confirm what many have already alluded to. With 2.0 launching tomorrow you will see repair costs increase due to the removal of the temporary 50% discount. They will still be lower than they were in 1.7!
-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]