Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

justiceface's Avatar


justiceface
02.14.2013 , 01:59 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Their problem is that while you shared a way that they could cover the increased repair costs, that way would require actual EFFORT from them. Never mind that the effort could be minimal, AND done while they enjoy the "fun" parts of the game, they would still have to actually do something other than complain and expect someone else to fix it.
I know right! except the change isn't working as intended. Change was only for moddable gear, it's not doing that. Also, not doing it to everyone. So it's a bug. So shut up.

Larity's Avatar


Larity
02.14.2013 , 01:59 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I do work. SWTOR is a game. When it becomes "work", I'll quit.
Then quit, because if you can't handle 10-30k credits, I'm sorry, you shouldn't be wearing that gear.

It's not like running the dailies one time a week will settle the bill for a week. Or that you make 400-600k from a run.

No, not at all.

DarthVenizen's Avatar


DarthVenizen
02.14.2013 , 02:00 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I do work. SWTOR is a game. When it becomes "work", I'll quit.
if you do prog raiding, you are basically working, this change hurts prog raiders the most, casuals will be affected but not nearly to the degree of prog raiders

Levity's Avatar


Levity
02.14.2013 , 02:00 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by justiceface View Post
Blah blah blah, I didn't read the posts I just felt like being awesome online.

change isn't doing what it should be, the change was meant only for moddable gear, that's not what happened. Also, it's not happening to everyone. This usually means bug unless Bioware has decided to RNG repair bills.
I read 7 pages of them. And it's all complaining and over exaggeration. Everyone is saying how they need money and want to do what they want without dailies. Crew skills solve the issue.

My repairs didn't change because I'm not in moddable gear.

Elfindreams's Avatar


Elfindreams
02.14.2013 , 02:00 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Their problem is that while you shared a way that they could cover the increased repair costs, that way would require actual EFFORT from them. Never mind that the effort could be minimal, AND done while they enjoy the "fun" parts of the game, they would still have to actually do something other than complain and expect someone else to fix it.
This is a gross generalization and false.

One) many of the people discussing (not complaining) this change and proposing it be changed have plenty of money in the bank. I have a few mil banging around on my new character just for spending money. In fact I use a variation of what he does and have since about the first month the game came out.

Two) The reason we are discussing this is it is a bad decision. It is practically pointless and bad game design. That's all. No other reason.

However the people calling others names and ************ about the complainers apparently are only following and replying to the thread to feel superior in some misguided way.

I pity you.
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
02.14.2013 , 02:01 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I do work. SWTOR is a game. When it becomes "work", I'll quit.
Anything worth having requires effort. That applies in game as well to real life. Would you expect to be given campaign or dread guard gear for nothing? Then why would you expect not to have to put forth some effort to pay for repairs?

Larity's Avatar


Larity
02.14.2013 , 02:01 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Levity View Post
I read 7 pages of them. And it's all complaining and over exaggeration. Everyone is saying how they need money and want to do what they want without dailies. Crew skills solve the issue.

My repairs didn't change because I'm not in moddable gear.
At least some people in these forums realize what is up

iamthehoyden's Avatar


iamthehoyden
02.14.2013 , 02:04 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Levity View Post
I read 7 pages of them. And it's all complaining and over exaggeration. Everyone is saying how they need money and want to do what they want without dailies. Crew skills solve the issue.

My repairs didn't change because I'm not in moddable gear.
Let me rephrase: "This didn't affect me, so I don't care what it does to everyone else." Awesome.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
02.14.2013 , 02:10 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Their problem is that while you shared a way that they could cover the increased repair costs, that way would require actual EFFORT from them. Never mind that the effort could be minimal, AND done while they enjoy the "fun" parts of the game, they would still have to actually do something other than complain and expect someone else to fix it.


Quote: Originally Posted by Elfindreams View Post
This is a gross generalization and false.

One) many of the people discussing (not complaining) this change and proposing it be changed have plenty of money in the bank. I have a few mil banging around on my new character just for spending money. In fact I use a variation of what he does and have since about the first month the game came out.

Two) The reason we are discussing this is it is a bad decision. It is practically pointless and bad game design. That's all. No other reason.

However the people calling others names and ************ about the complainers apparently are only following and replying to the thread to feel superior in some misguided way.

I pity you.
Allow me to quote you:

Quote: Originally Posted by Elfindreams View Post
This is talking about lessening the pointless, mindless parts of the game so people can spend more time on the fun parts of it.

Mindless money grinding, whether it be through the GTN or through dailies is pointless in part because it is a complete waste of time.
I'm not the one here complaining that about having to earn the credits to pay for my repairs, or expecting EA/BW to lower the costs. That would be you, among others.

justiceface's Avatar


justiceface
02.14.2013 , 02:10 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Levity View Post
I read 7 pages of them. And it's all complaining and over exaggeration. Everyone is saying how they need money and want to do what they want without dailies. Crew skills solve the issue.

My repairs didn't change because I'm not in moddable gear.
It's a big change for people who just hit 50 or are new to the game/still leveling. You and I may have run 8,000 dailies/made millions from crew skills or cartel items/etc. but it doesnt mean everyone has. But the bigger issue here that a small gameplay change was made that wasn't entirely necessary and most people don't like it, why not get rid of it?

Also it's not working the way it should(should only change modded gear repair prices but it's not), and not effecting everyone the same way which would mean it's a bug.