Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ruskaeth
02.19.2013 , 03:42 AM | #1051
1) I have full set of Denova 63 gear.

2) My gear condition got to yellow.

3) I repaired.

4) It cost me 22 000 credits.

Explain.

My guess is that the shell actually matters more than anything else.

I was wearing adaptive legacy gear (originally level 1).

Point.

darkwereling
02.19.2013 , 04:06 AM | #1052
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruskaeth View Post

3) I repaired.

Explain.

Point.

I am in mostly bh with some 63 in the mix got my gear down to yellow the other day 73k I'm using full revan set. but what is funny is that over 1000 post and 106 pages and bw has replied 1 time.

ZeroPlus
02.19.2013 , 04:08 AM | #1053
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruskaeth View Post

3) I repaired.

Explain.

Point.

From reading this thread it seems that part of the repair cost is being calculated on the "base value" of the gear. You are wearing the Legacy gear which is some of the MOST expensive gear in the game. That is why your repair cost is so high. (I think...)
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Ruskaeth
02.19.2013 , 04:14 AM | #1054
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
From reading this thread it seems that part of the repair cost is being calculated on the "base value" of the gear. You are wearing the Legacy gear which is some of the MOST expensive gear in the game. That is why your repair cost is so high. (I think...)
On the contrary, the cost was just ordinary. And no, this was not legacy gear from vendors, but Binds on Legacy Sand people gear. Value of those items is unknown to me, but I am guessing the shell is the issue here, or some bug related to it. It would be pretty stupid from Bioware to punish people with DG shells for an example.

Drake_Hound
02.19.2013 , 04:38 AM | #1055
Revert this freaking repair cost , honestly when my FP runs brings in less money then the repair cost .

It is getting ridiculous , to even run FP other then the mandatory 1 per day .
Now I don't know what the idea was , but tanking repairs are trough the roof .
Seriously lets scrap the MMO part shall we , cause interaction team work is now being threatened .

The shortage of tanks even more obvious , yeah lets go do dailies to do what ?
Waste more money on repairing for coders ERROR ?

PUT BACK THE REPAIR cost , maybe Some idiots never heard the saying !
DONT FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN , BUT FIX WHAT IS BROKEN !!

Guess EA policy probaly never heard that before , can. You guys break the game more ?

KebabBandit
02.19.2013 , 04:40 AM | #1056
Quote: Originally Posted by elvinlordryan View Post
To all the complainers,

You guys have yet again impressed me with you're stupidity. Have any one of you actually played the game at launch? Are you even paid subs?
I find this stance rather arrogant. I think it is counterproductive to dismiss these complaints as petty and entitled. Even less productive are attacks on our intellect. I have a lot of respect for BW and I think they made a quality game. But the type of game-play it is demanding (more so with this change) is not fun for me. That's not your problem, and maybe no one cares. That's perfectly fine. Heck maybe I am just not playing the game "correctly". But my time is valuable to me, so if it stops being enjoyable, why pay to do it?

I can't vouch for anybody's numbers here, but it is clear that they find the game less enjoyable now. I personally saw my repair bill increase from around 5k after three deaths to over 30k. But the exact numbers don't really matter. What does is the game now demands more of an activity that I do not find to be fun at all (personally)- credit grinding.

I did not play the game at launch. But what does that matter? I never even played another mmo. But again, not important. I steered clear of them because they weren't interesting to me. But, trying swtor and despite myself, I actually had fun. I am a first-time subscriber- currently have a thirty something sentinel. In a couple weeks, I probably won't be- but we'll see. What matters is I find myself enjoying the game less. I don't even really want to make a statement, except explain myself and my reasons for (perhaps) not renewing a subscription.

Divona
02.19.2013 , 04:41 AM | #1057
Ok after reading many threads last 24h i think Bioware made huge mistake with repair cost calculations.

Why should repair take into account of shells at all? I understand artifact and lower quality armors that ARE NOT modable. Those need whole diferent repair calculations depending level and value of armors. But with ANY orange gear or artifact gear WITH slots should ONLY calculate repair cost based on mods levels. No one would run around with naked armor shells anyway.

Im shocked Bioware did opposite and instead shell has repair cost calculation not mods in it therefor patch notes are incorrect and wrong or they totally made mistake and didnt even notice or test it...

danielearley
02.19.2013 , 04:53 AM | #1058
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipacnaa
Wow. I mean just .. Wow.

I cannot believe those that defend this price increase. Pointing out that something was worse 10 months ago does not mean it's ok for them to "fix" the repair costs now. The game had finally caught momentum again, then this...

I think you are missing the point, the price of repairs was higher back then, but it did not stop us raiding. We still had wipes.
The Price had gone down as well, but even when the price was at it's highest, we still raided.
We even had worse gear back then so had more chance of a wipe!

I'm also a casual player, only on for a few hours a week. I enjoy the social aspect of the game and the raids and a little bit of PVP, but I still seem to have enough to cover my wipe expenses.

I've had 6 deaths this week I've not bothered keeping track of the cost. If I can't repair one day I'll go do something that gets me cash to repair, simple as.

The cost of repairs being quoted in this thread do not appear excessive to me, there should always be a penalty to a wipe or there is no danger involved in going into an OP or FP!

Drake_Hound
02.19.2013 , 04:58 AM | #1059
Quote: Originally Posted by danielearley View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipacnaa
Wow. I mean just .. Wow.

I cannot believe those that defend this price increase. Pointing out that something was worse 10 months ago does not mean it's ok for them to "fix" the repair costs now. The game had finally caught momentum again, then this...

I think you are missing the point, the price of repairs was higher back then, but it did not stop us raiding. We still had wipes.
The Price had gone down as well, but even when the price was at it's highest, we still raided.
We even had worse gear back then so had more chance of a wipe!

I'm also a casual player, only on for a few hours a week. I enjoy the social aspect of the game and the raids and a little bit of PVP, but I still seem to have enough to cover my wipe expenses.

I've had 6 deaths this week I've not bothered keeping track of the cost. If I can't repair one day I'll go do something that gets me cash to repair, simple as.

The cost of repairs being quoted in this thread do not appear excessive to me, there should always be a penalty to a wipe or there is no danger involved in going into an OP or FP!
Good then you can que up all day as tank and play with the new people, and teach them the instance !
Bet after a week you are dead broke !

Wait or is this garbage crap coming from somebody ego , who says it is ok higher repair cost but alt F4 when things go bad .

Sorry totally irrelevant , the game suppose to be fun , not grind city for mental people .
Who do not see what is beter for the community , but only think what is beter for them !

AshlaBoga
02.19.2013 , 05:06 AM | #1060
Quote: Originally Posted by Drake_Hound View Post
Sorry totally irrelevant , the game suppose to be fun , not grind city for mental people .
Who do not see what is better for the community , but only think what is better for them !
You do not know what a grind is my friend. EQ was a grind. FFXI is a grind. You have no idea how much easier SWTOR is in comparison. Tell you what, level to 75 in FFXI and then tell me SWTOR is a grind m'kay?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption