Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ratajack
02.18.2013 , 01:34 PM | #1021
Quote: Originally Posted by Vonric View Post
But the silence about the issue after the forums blew up imo is telling. Now as i said it is not really an issue for me, i have plenty of gold and dont raid a lot anymore but i can understand that people are less then happy with Bioware about it. Either the reason they listed on the patch notes are not true or they introduced another bug with the fix and are being closed mouthed about it.
Closed mouthed=/=lying.

Why shouldn't they just tell us if it's a new bug? It's not like they're never roasted over hot coals on these forums for every little bug, or perceived failure to deliver on "promises". If there is a new bug, they may be researching and trying to figure out exactly what went wrong before letting us know.

DarthTHC
02.18.2013 , 01:38 PM | #1022
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Closed mouthed=/=lying.

Why shouldn't they just tell us if it's a new bug? It's not like they're never roasted over hot coals on these forums for every little bug, or perceived failure to deliver on "promises". If there is a new bug, they may be researching and trying to figure out exactly what went wrong before letting us know.
Except accounts are being cancelled every day over it.

On Friday they said, "We're looking at it."

If they came back and now said, "It's a bug, we need to do some research, but it's high priority and will be fixed soon", some people might wait it out a bit before cancelling.

If memory serves, the longer they take to reply to an issue, especially one that's as obvious to the players as this one, the less we're going to like what they have to say.

Vonric
02.18.2013 , 01:40 PM | #1023
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Closed mouthed=/=lying.

But they never said this is a new bug.

I never said closed mouthed=Lying. I said they did one or they other.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vonric View Post
Either the reason they listed on the patch notes are not true or they introduced another bug with the fix and are being closed mouthed about it.
Either way it doesn't effect me, i was just saying i can understand the reason some people are not happy. lol the only reason i'm even discussing it is i am very bored at work and have time to kill
"You can run all your life,But not go anywhere." - Mike Ness

Kiniski
02.18.2013 , 02:16 PM | #1024
Quote: Originally Posted by Larity View Post
I do, because compared to the rate of repair in this game, now, before 1.7, and before 1.2. IT WAS LAUGHABLE.

AHAHAHAHAHA

it's so cheap, people must be dirt poor if they can't afford it!

wahahahahaha

Also, don't care if you don't believe me. It happened.
May be you think is not an issue for you, but it is, because they going to close the servers if nobody except you and your guild pay, because all your guild even if they are as many as 100 subscribers, only make 1500$ and that's is 10% of the cost for one of the servers, so you are the wrong, is an issue for you. Today near 385 players leave because repair costs, yesterday I wait 16 hours for an op in KP, and nothing, I run 1 FP in 7 hours, so, that's the effect, I'm still subscriber, I' wating to see if they fix this, if not, another subscriber leave (me).

Can't be more clear, if you, and your: "stupid crybabies, repaid cost are good" friends think is not an issue, you are dumb people.

DarthTHC
02.18.2013 , 02:25 PM | #1025
Quote: Originally Posted by EA CEO John Riccitiello
Six hours into playing Battlefield, and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload...
Or is it three hours into playing an op, and your gear is yellow, and we ask you for a dollar to repair...?

The more you tighten your grip, EA, the more subscribers will slip through your fingers.

Joveth owes us an answer.

PoliteAssasin
02.18.2013 , 03:11 PM | #1026
My repair costs are the same idk what you all are complaining about. If you were having lower costs than you should have, tough. Time to pay your fair share of repairs.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

DarthTHC
02.18.2013 , 03:14 PM | #1027
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
My repair costs are the same idk what you all are complaining about. If you were having lower costs than you should have, tough. Time to pay your fair share of repairs.
It's not like paying taxes, or for the food we eat...

PoliteAssasin
02.18.2013 , 04:09 PM | #1028
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
It's not like paying taxes, or for the food we eat...
Everyone does well in this game when they pay their fair share.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

Raiders
02.18.2013 , 04:09 PM | #1029
@PoliteAssasin

Yeah yeah mate, you got it right !! damn we just revealed the truth, wee doomed !
This guy, coming from nowhere, just came as a savior and saved us all guys !!!
Several thread about the same "repair cost issue", hundreds of people reporting the same problem base don their own experience, hundreds of pages, dozens of subs cancelled... but we are all wrong, there is not problem at all.
We can no all resubs and have fun again

Thanks man !!! we all own you one !!!

Now please take you mouse and go grind all daylies and leave us alone.
If 2 or 3 guys report a problem and you don't experience it..ok they may be wrong.
But if dozens and dozens report the same problem and you still don't experience it... well feel lucky and don't come here to claim that they're all wrong.

PoliteAssasin
02.18.2013 , 04:12 PM | #1030
Quote: Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
@PoliteAssasin

Yeah yeah mate, you got it right !! damn we just revealed the truth, wee doomed !
This guy, coming from nowhere, just came as a savior and saved us all guys !!!
Several thread about the same "repair cost issue", hundreds of people reporting the same problem base don their own experience, hundreds of pages, dozens of subs cancelled... but we are all wrong, there is not problem at all.
We can no all resubs and have fun again

Thanks man !!! we all own you one !!!

Now please take you mouse and go grind all daylies and leave us alone.
If 2 or 3 guys report a problem and you don't experience it..ok they may be wrong.
But if dozens and dozens report the same problem and you still don't experience it... well feel lucky and don't come here to claim that they're all wrong.

Why thank you. Now someone else is talking sense. This guy understands it was a bug fix and everyone will be paying an equal amount for repair bills. I applaud you, and tip my shades in your direction good sir!