Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Improved Personal Starship transport unlocks appear bugged

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Improved Personal Starship transport unlocks appear bugged
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lostpenguins
02.14.2013 , 02:08 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone and thank you for reporting this to us. We apologize for this error, but know that we are currently working towards a resolution for this. In the meantime, please do not purchase the Priority Transport: Personal Starship Legacy Character Perk or any of its upgrades until this is resolved. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.
Took 48 hours release a patch with a fix that made the first purchase no longer on a 1 hr cd. Are you seriously telling me that you can't release a patch in the next 48 hours to fix this issue that broke your original fix?

Seriously BW? It's just deplorable that you can fix it to no longer errr on our favor, but who knows how long it will take before you can fix it so that this bug doesn't mess us over.

I'm seriously not happy with how you guys handle things.

xaintly
02.14.2013 , 02:15 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LrdRahvin View Post
I predict...wait for it... zero, nada, zilch. That would be EAWare's typical response to these fairly regular screwups.

Although, on occasion, just for variety they try to blame their screwups on their paying customers
Really? Do you have examples of their ignoring similar issues? They seem very sensitive to things that undermine trust in the cartel market. I'd assume some n00b programmer put in some code to "reset" the IPST legacy perk and now it goes off even if you have actually purchased it. Since the problem will get worse the longer they go without fixing it, I predict an emergency patch within 2 days. People who bought the perk will probably get their credits/cc back. 20% chance of those people getting something extra for the inconvenience & to make up for bad publicity.

LrdRahvin
02.14.2013 , 02:17 PM | #23
Hi everyone and thank you for reporting this to us. We apologize for this error, but know that we are currently working towards a resolution for this. In the meantime, please do not purchase the Priority Transport: Personal Starship Legacy Character Perk or any of its upgrades until this is resolved. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.
And will your "fix" for a "fix" to an "error" that wasn't broken be better than your last attempt?!?

Really would like to say more in response to the above quoted statement but I really don't need another infraction for forum ban.

Lostpenguins
02.14.2013 , 02:19 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by xaintly View Post
Really? Do you have examples of their ignoring similar issues? They seem very sensitive to things that undermine trust in the cartel market. I'd assume some n00b programmer put in some code to "reset" the IPST legacy perk and now it goes off even if you have actually purchased it. Since the problem will get worse the longer they go without fixing it, I predict an emergency patch within 2 days. People who bought the perk will probably get their credits/cc back. 20% chance of those people getting something extra for the inconvenience & to make up for bad publicity.
I lack your confidence.

Perfect example, I completed all Heroic Voss and Belsavis X missions the night prior to 1.7 being release so that all I would have to do is turn them in to get rep.

Log in after patch to see that none of my Heroic Voss missions are now complete and I had to redo 2 of my Belsavis X missions. Put in a bug report and all I got was a "sorry". Instead of giving me tokens for the rep gain I should have gotten, they just said sorry and moved on. That's terrible customer service and really that wasted my time doing those missions. I feel sorry for anyone who did it on multiple toons.

DarthMyrddyn
02.14.2013 , 02:29 PM | #25

Uhm...i guess it is a bit late to suggest this , This is really a mess...so who purchased this perk just lost his in-game credit or CC(real money).
Anyway, stupid me that i keep playing

oblate_medic
02.14.2013 , 02:43 PM | #26
Ok, in all fairness, while I am pretty ticked off about the priority transport to ship, I will say that the last time a bug hit my account, i got fast resolution and a refund. I am not saying that will be the case here, but sometimes, you have to give them the benefit of the doubt.
GM: The Lost Soul Searchers (Republic) /GM: Driven to Conquer (Empire)

Felioats
02.14.2013 , 02:47 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by xaintly View Post
Really? Do you have examples of their ignoring similar issues?
Space gear. Miscommunication led to exorbitant commendation prices, which led to a great deal of vitriol toward them being so cheap on the cartel market. Then they slashed the commendation prices by a third. No refunds.
>

DarthMyrddyn
02.14.2013 , 02:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by oblate_medic View Post
Ok, in all fairness, while I am pretty ticked off about the priority transport to ship, I will say that the last time a bug hit my account, i got fast resolution and a refund. I am not saying that will be the case here, but sometimes, you have to give them the benefit of the doubt.
I hope...i really do.

DarthTexas
02.14.2013 , 03:27 PM | #29
So basically you had emergency maintenance to "fix" something that wasn't game breaking, and your "fix" instead broke it worse and is now costing your customers real-life money and will necessitate another emergency maintenance that will upset your customers even more.

Just when I thought you guys couldn't do any worse, you go and top yourselves with a whole new level of fail.

Covenant of the Phoenix - Galactic Republic PvE
Official Site - Recruitment Post

Docmal
02.14.2013 , 03:31 PM | #30
I hope bioware realizes that we in the software development community are laughing at their pathetic performance lately. I mean seriously eye rolling, head shaking, teeth sucking and finger waging at their complete lack of professional pride in their product. How many more of these woopsies do they need before they realize that QA is an important function of an IT shop? And when are they going to start holding their developers accountable for quality deliverables.