Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seeing a trend...

QBSlide
02.13.2013 , 08:24 PM | #1
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but it's starting to irritate me. Every time BioWare comes out with "new" equipment, all it ever seems to be is existing armor/weapons, but now they have particle effects. Take all of the Gree items, the weapons and the armor, it's just old armor with lights and particle effects on them.

This continually seems to happen and my question is, are they really even designing new armor/weapons/speeders? Or are they just going to continue to rehash all of the old stuff by adding different effects to them?

WaywardOne
02.13.2013 , 08:55 PM | #2
I hear they're coming out with a new expansion in a few months - maybe that will have some new gear sets for you?

annabethchase
02.13.2013 , 10:38 PM | #3
I have an idea... nice basic robes. It will be the #1 seller.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

VanCali
02.13.2013 , 10:46 PM | #4
Yep, but nobody seems to really mind that much. Now we can cosplay TRON.
What would Yoda do? Your butt, kick it he would!

Amlici
02.13.2013 , 10:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
I hear they're coming out with a new expansion in a few months - maybe that will have some new gear sets for you?
Yea this Ilum event is just a build up to the expansion don't think they are going to devote that much dev time to it when they have that closing in on them.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

grombrinda
02.13.2013 , 10:49 PM | #6
The one thing I did like is the new classic sets. The ones with no shoulder pads!!!

Yup I like em. And hell's yeah on the Tron cosplay...=D
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

Draekos
02.13.2013 , 10:49 PM | #7
You just now noticed this trend? It has been pretty much standard operating procedure for BW since the great purge.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

Captian_Jack
02.13.2013 , 10:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
This. They come in four different colors. Black, brown, grey and white.
"We think it's (same-gender romances) part of the expectation of a role-playing game. It's part of the expectation of a BioWare game." --Ray Muzyka, Senior Vice President and Co-founder of BioWare

SomeJagoff
02.13.2013 , 11:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
^This.

Even better, though probably more difficult for them to implement, would be your basic chestpiece, then an outer chest piece/robe/heavy jacket as well, even if it was just cosmetic with no stats.

But yeah, a basic black robe, no armpads or weird designs or extra stuff on them, that would be awesome.
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G

generals_
02.14.2013 , 01:17 AM | #10
OP must be blind because the event weapons are all new models. That new Incendia speeder however is just a lazy recolor. Oh wait...