Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So... Ilum pvp/pve

EFSoupy
02.13.2013 , 04:39 PM | #21
The one thing that kind of gets me is, I keep hearing a lot of comments about it being a PvP area and if PvErs don't want to participate, don't show up in a PvP area, because this is finally what PvPers have been waiting for, etc. My question is, why is Outlaw's Den either empty or 1 person wanders through every time I go there? Structurally, this doesn't appear to be that different except now there are a bunch of people who aren't interested or experienced in PvP wandering into a PvP area because of a world event.
Azucena- Vanguard (Shield/Assault), Moco - Scoundrel (Sawbones), Chapulin - Shadow (Kinetic/ Infiltration), Cagafuego - Commando (Gunnery)
<The Eternal Guardians>
Begeren Colony

Desiirea
02.13.2013 , 04:51 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EFSoupy View Post
The one thing that kind of gets me is, I keep hearing a lot of comments about it being a PvP area and if PvErs don't want to participate, don't show up in a PvP area, because this is finally what PvPers have been waiting for, etc. My question is, why is Outlaw's Den either empty or 1 person wanders through every time I go there? Structurally, this doesn't appear to be that different except now there are a bunch of people who aren't interested or experienced in PvP wandering into a PvP area because of a world event.
Because there is something there worth fighting over. Quest objectives.

Edit: the whole point is everyone wants to get in there, get their quests done and get out (i sure they heck am not standing around just killing people for hours for no reason) But you are standing on the objective. You are killing mobs I need. Now I can stand around and play carebear and take turns (and in pve that is what usually goes down) but this is PvP. The mentality is completely flipped. You kill and get what you need. It's not nice, it's not friendly (though you might stop to chat at someone you know or give them a pass if you are good friends with them, or be friends and kick each others butts because you both are playing the game), it's a war out there!
Desiirea, The Cookiegoddess Legacy - Seer Sage
You don't know the power of the Desi side
Server 1st Elite Warlord - Server 1st 16-man Infernal
Cookies4Ever

bsbrad
02.13.2013 , 05:03 PM | #23
I am sure if they added WZ comms for fighting in the Outlaws Den we would see a lot more Open World PVP
N'abi
Begeren Colony
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

Rylorn
02.13.2013 , 05:16 PM | #24
Outlaws den has no content, no intended gameplay, it is a sandbox, ironically. Even, if other players are there, I want an objective, some game intended system that gives me a goal to achieve. Forum discussions with a whole server full of interested posters can have no resolution, so my only intent is to give insight to anyone that would read.

To go into more detail: I like both PvP and PvE. Ilum is well suited for someone like that. Everyone is going to like PvP a certain amount, and PvE a certain amount. Ideally, players coming into the contested area would like both elements at least a little. For players that enter the PvP area, I cannot see them as wandering players that stumbled into a bad part of town, so to speak. The game makes it very clear what they are getting into. I truly do not like killing players that just want to avoid it all, but the players in the Ilum contested area are going knowingly into the fires of PvP and I hope we can all have crazy fun messing around in there. I can't wait to see all the ways my toons will be slaughtered.

I am committed to making this my last public comment on the matter, but to answer the underlying question directly. The Ilum event is the merger of two things, correct? If one doesn't like both of those things, ignore the part one doesn't like. Seems logical.
A long time ago in an MMO far,
far away. . .

Approxy Reftach [Illegal Test Kitchen] The Bastion

MelliMelon
02.13.2013 , 06:15 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by bsbrad View Post
I would have preferred if Bioware made it so you cannot get attacked in the Northern region unless you had your PVP flag on but that is coming from a primarily PVE player.
This is the case, is it not? I see a lot of blue imperials.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rylorn View Post
One nice thing is that reputation is legacy wide. There is a huge incentive for me(and others) to bring my alternate characters out there, and not just my biggest, baddest ones. I really need to get my marauder up to level.
Admit it, you need a level 50 sage healer, to come heal with the kool kids.

Jaddis
02.13.2013 , 07:21 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MelliMelon View Post
I would typically worry about this, and make some comment about how you can't steal him, but he may be the only person on the face of the planet who is worse at leveling than I am.

But in case I'm not clear, no.

I mean that with all the love in my cold, Sith heart.

Mournblood
02.13.2013 , 07:33 PM | #27
In the wise but barely discernible words of Leitly, "You're all going to die."

stringcat
02.13.2013 , 07:38 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Riggz View Post
Actually this thread has changed my opinions

I kill imps and pubs now I no longer judge

Unless Scyn is around, then we should all just get along...
If by "get along" you mean "unite again and destroy," abso-damn-lutely.

Said with, uh, love.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion

stringcat
02.13.2013 , 07:46 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MelliMelon View Post
It's cute that you think the Boy Scout faction is "kool." But you know what? It's adorable. I won't be the won to rip the stars from your eyes. Shine on!

That said, I'll totally make a deal. You get Threid to level his op, and I'll see about getting Rylorn to level a sage. Really, you'd be getting the better end of the deal -- Jaadis would totally play level her sage just to show Rylorn how he's doing it wrong.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion

JamesBalla
02.13.2013 , 07:58 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaddis View Post
, but he may be the only person on the face of the planet who is worse at leveling than I am.
You haven't met me I'm guessing.
Zentrai/Jballa
rip don't panic