Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Plz Stop Insults in WZs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Plz Stop Insults in WZs

Joesixxpack
02.13.2013 , 10:39 AM | #11
My favorite insulter routine is when after a tirade or two they charge around trying to solo cap whether that makes sense at the time or not. Which with their emotionally driven sense of priorities is a personal win/win.

When I see ops chat clogged by insulters the sage advice of a great philosopher of the 1980s come to mind. I pity da foos... then troll them softly until they rage quit.

Thulcondar
02.13.2013 , 11:10 AM | #12
/AGREE!!

I too find it funny that some of the worst insult the most. People, it is a GAME!!!
Remnants of Hope/Vestige of Despair
PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP

Atramar
02.13.2013 , 11:19 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Thulcondar View Post
/AGREE!!

I too find it funny that some of the worst insult the most. People, it is a GAME!!!
Well, if 2 guys got ninja capped and they say 'well, it's a game' I bet you atleast 1 team member will say @FFS

It is just a game, but comon, atleast try
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

LarryRow
02.13.2013 , 11:26 AM | #14
I was kinda hoping this thread would be about the jerks who berate weak teams who never stood a chance in /say chat at the end of a match. Also pretty uncool.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

foxmob
02.13.2013 , 11:34 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Its funny because the ones complaining about their teams are usually the ones who are not doing anything, getting the least objective points and coming in last with healing/damage/protection...its quite funny.
that's not true. it's the perception ppl want to have. however, there are plenty of good players - even ok ones - who put up great numbers or know what they're doing but constantly rag on teammates and opposing players. I don't know where the idea that the jerks are bads comes from (other than wish fulfillment), but it's not even close to a reliable rule.

elitist jerks and ppl who just think they're elitist jerks as well as the general babies who can't stand losing all do it.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

cycao
02.13.2013 , 11:39 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
that's not true. it's the perception ppl want to have. however, there are plenty of good players - even ok ones - who put up great numbers or know what they're doing but constantly rag on teammates and opposing players. I don't know where the idea that the jerks are bads comes from (other than wish fulfillment), but it's not even close to a reliable rule.

elitist jerks and ppl who just think they're elitist jerks as well as the general babies who can't stand losing all do it.
From my experience the "elitists" usually have quit before the complaining even starts, or leave when they see the team they are on. Not saying the better players don't rag on their own team but I usually see the opposite which is bad players doing this.

Asunasan
02.13.2013 , 11:43 AM | #17

QFT. Bad players do insult other players. But so do good or even sometimes great players. I know I've ragged once or twice when I solo qued any my team gave up with 40%+ of the match left. It just sticks in people's memory when someone who does worse than them on the scoreboard insults them and then they generalize it.

Joesixxpack
02.13.2013 , 11:55 AM | #18

The key word was "usually", and it holds true on the 4 servers I've played on in this game. In past games often the biggest personal attackers were good performers, cocky elitist types who'd take it too far. In this one, it appears the general rule is that the most obnoxious *** hats are mediocre at best.

foxmob
02.13.2013 , 11:59 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
The key word was "usually", and it holds true on the 4 servers I've played on in this game. In past games often the biggest personal attackers were good performers, cocky elitist types who'd take it too far. In this one, it appears the general rule is that the most obnoxious *** hats are mediocre at best.
you've never played on a server with the <watchmen>, have you?
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Joesixxpack
02.13.2013 , 12:04 PM | #20
you've never played on a server with the <watchmen>, have you?
No, but others that are probably their long lost cousins.

Problem in this thread is experiences vary by server, and we don't preface everything by saying "on ____".

The servers I play/have played on, that rule I mentioned is true far more often than not. I'd prefer to play with jerks who actually perform well, at least our teams would get something out of it.