Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light Sabers Dark Side 1 or Light Side 1 requirement

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Light Sabers Dark Side 1 or Light Side 1 requirement

Ogien
12.20.2011 , 12:47 PM | #1
I just reached level 16 on my Sith Assassin, and I noticed that many if not all of the light sabers I find or can buy at the Auction House now require Dark Side 1 or Light Side 1. This has me concerned as I am only at +500 light side. Is there are workaround of this, like can I just modify the light saber to use a crystal that does not require Dark Side 1 etc.

Dasffion
12.20.2011 , 12:49 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ogien View Post
I just reached level 16 on my Sith Assassin, and I noticed that many if not all of the light sabers I find or can buy at the Auction House now require Dark Side 1 or Light Side 1. This has me concerned as I am only at +500 light side. Is there are workaround of this, like can I just modify the light saber to use a crystal that does not require Dark Side 1 etc.
You can certainly keep using your original lightsaber all the way on up to 50. Just make sure you're modding your hilt to keep your damage up as well as the other mods to keep your stats up.

MoistMuffin
12.20.2011 , 12:49 PM | #3
The auction house is what people are selling. Just work on earning commendations and go to the specialty goods vendors. They will usually have a dark, light or neutral option available.

Edit: Also Dasffion speaks the truth, especially if you learned artificing.
I do: http://www.morbidgames.com
RKHT: http://www.robotkittenhappytrain.com
I believe: Romance is Universal. SGR is just as valid as OGR.

kyuyu
12.20.2011 , 01:03 PM | #4
You are a light side sith assassin? That's interesting! lol

But good job! Also you can improve your light side by doing light side diplomacy missions if you have diplomacy.

I am almost 2000 light side now, so excited to get relics.

Ogien
12.20.2011 , 01:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
You can certainly keep using your original lightsaber all the way on up to 50. Just make sure you're modding your hilt to keep your damage up as well as the other mods to keep your stats up.
Interesting, modding hilt to increase damage, I was looking for something like this thanks. I guess I would pick up the hilts in the Auction House?

Ogien
12.20.2011 , 01:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by kyuyu View Post
You are a light side sith assassin? That's interesting! lol

But good job! Also you can improve your light side by doing light side diplomacy missions if you have diplomacy.

I am almost 2000 light side now, so excited to get relics.
Well I am not really that is kind of the problem, I have been selecting light or dark depending on my personal preference, now I see that this was probably a mistake.

Dasffion
12.20.2011 , 01:19 PM | #7
Interesting, modding hilt to increase damage, I was looking for something like this thanks. I guess I would pick up the hilts in the Auction House?
Yes, or Mod vendors or if your an Artificer you can make them.

Blaircan
12.20.2011 , 01:31 PM | #8
Well I am not really that is kind of the problem, I have been selecting light or dark depending on my personal preference, now I see that this was probably a mistake.
No way man, I think that's great that you chose based off what you would really choose. That makes your character your own unique. There is no requirement that you have to do one thing or the other. Keep play and eventually you may find yourself answering more dark or more light. But like it was said in previous posts, just keep modifying your other components of your saber.
"The World needs Dreamers and the World needs doers but above all, the World needs Dreamers who Do!"

Lokai
12.20.2011 , 01:33 PM | #9
yes solution is to buy weapon, pull mods out of it and slap in your original saber if its modable, can also just buy mods at modding vender. I am still using my original saber because i'm grey or was for a long time.
" Destiny is like a river...washes us along its ever winding path, the jedi follow its path drawn along it like lambs to the slaughter... but We Sith fight the flow of destiny, turn its course to our whim! Through this will we be the true victors of this war!" -Lokai-

Greyfeld
12.20.2011 , 01:35 PM | #10
In general, if you find that you don't have the LS/DS points to wear certain pieces of gear, there are plenty of options for modable gear that have no point requirement to wear. Like your lightsaber, you just have to keep the gear upgraded.
<FinalWave>