Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bring back Scoundrel UpperHand proc laugh

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bring back Scoundrel UpperHand proc laugh
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Keyran-Halcyon
02.13.2013 , 12:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Stryklone View Post
The complaint before the giggle was taken away was that everyone heard it.

It'll be great to have it back but if everyone hears the giggle again ...

This time, please just have it so only the person who gets the UH can hear it.

This is even better than forcing other people to disable something they have nothing to do with.
If they do this, then I want the BH laugh changed as well.
Rogue Heals
<Art Supplies>
Captain Hng Slo & Master Teh-Hauss

foxmob
02.13.2013 , 12:40 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Keyran-Halcyon View Post
If they do this, then I want the BH laugh changed as well.
the bh laugh is like 3 or 4 times less frequent though. that said, make them all disable-able on the client side.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

tatatan
02.13.2013 , 12:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Good news everyone! Upper Hand and Tactical Advantage proc laugh/giggle is coming back in 2.0! Your Scoundrel or Operative will now chuckle most heartily when they gain their first UP/TA when they previously had zero. Before we took it out completely the sound was playing every time you gained an UP/TA and was really spamming everyone with their infectious chortles. I really miss the giggle so Im glad we are bringing it back, hope yall enjoy it as well!

Cheers!
Thank You but NO!!
So i'm gonna giggle only when 1st TA is gained?? and then nothing??? So how do i keep track of the rest of TAs?!
Leave it as it is i dont care, but keep the sound same any time i gain TA. It's like i have too little things to watch as OP?? So i'll watch for one more...?
- or do i understand that you remove sound for TA exept the 1st one?

Glzmo
02.13.2013 , 01:15 PM | #24
Good news everyone! Upper Hand and Tactical Advantage proc laugh/giggle is coming back in 2.0! Your Scoundrel or Operative will now chuckle most heartily when they gain their first UP/TA when they previously had zero. Before we took it out completely the sound was playing every time you gained an UP/TA and was really spamming everyone with their infectious chortles. I really miss the giggle so Im glad we are bringing it back, hope yall enjoy it as well!

Cheers!
Nice. That way it will finally be discernable again. It would be great if some of the other professions' proc effects would also receive some more discernable audio feedback as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Holy cow they do check these forums still.
I guess there is still hope for chat bubbles then.

chuixupu
02.13.2013 , 01:17 PM | #25
Sounds like a good compromise. I always liked the chuckle, but having two healing operatives running around giggling every time TA procced was just too much.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

AdmiralOnasi
02.13.2013 , 01:28 PM | #26

Cheers!
THANK YOU!!!
Can we have the old Quick Shot sound back too? The new one sounds like a whimper, and the old one was bang.

rob_y
02.13.2013 , 01:41 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
it's an audible cue when uh procs. it would normally come before a killing blow...unless you die to blaster whip?

anyway, I'm pretty happy with the answer. it only makes the audio when the proc actually means something. quick response too. I think maybe they're only allowed to comment on "good news"?
You also proc an UH every time you kill someone.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

foxmob
02.13.2013 , 01:42 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by tatatan View Post
Thank You but NO!!
So i'm gonna giggle only when 1st TA is gained?? and then nothing??? So how do i keep track of the rest of TAs?!
Leave it as it is i dont care, but keep the sound same any time i gain TA. It's like i have too little things to watch as OP?? So i'll watch for one more...?
- or do i understand that you remove sound for TA exept the 1st one?
when UH procs twice before being consumed, you only giggle once. as opposed to the past where there would be 2 separate giggles. thus, the second giggle only served to annoy everyone around you (if not you yourself).

edit: I only really noticed this on healers in 1.1. the melee didn't bother me so much. but then...I died quicker back then.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

RyanReagan
02.13.2013 , 01:43 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Okay, but will the sound play on the clients of nearby players? It is pretty infuriating being killed by an operative who surprises you from stealth, and then get laughed at when he gets the killing blow.

Otherwise, I want my Guardian to play a laugh sound when he gets killing blows too.
THIS!!!

If it is a killing blow. I WANT A LAUGH. I don't care if I have 0,1,2, 99 stacks of TA. I want a laugh.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

RougeBeaver
02.13.2013 , 02:26 PM | #30
**** am I dreaming? Not only did someone make a thread about this (I could kiss you) but a dev responded and said the giggle is returning in 2.0?!

I can't tell you how furious I was when the giggle was taken out, but those damn overpowered pyros got to keep THEIR giggle! Now we have a beacon of hope, or something like that.
The only true profit in this galaxy is freedom.