Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bring back Scoundrel UpperHand proc laugh

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bring back Scoundrel UpperHand proc laugh
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Thexremstar
02.12.2013 , 06:05 PM | #1
Why is it that we lost our upper hand proc laugh? Why do Powertechs still have theres it makes me angry when they laugh at me all the time when they chase u round the map burning you and laughing the whole time either remove the Power tech laugh or bring back my upper hand proc laugh. So I can laugh at them while I heal myself

Lord_Karsk
02.12.2013 , 06:39 PM | #2
edit, good news.

foxmob
02.12.2013 , 06:47 PM | #3
I have nothing against audio for the proc, but at least make it something other ppl can disable. the scoundrel healer on my first guild was laughing almost non-stop the whole raid. it was annoying as all heck. on the other hand, other pyros/assaults don't bother me one iota (whether I'm on the assault or not).

in short: an audio cue is fine. just...less annoying or something that can be disabled w/o messing up other sounds.

edit: I believe the proc on pyros was knocked back twice, once before I used him and once afterward (I think I picked mine up in 1.2/3; he was just a tank/tactics pve before then). anyway, 6s cd on proc. if the pyro saves his rocketpunch, though, it's almost a guarantee after the cd is up. those numbers are all top of m'head, and I don't care to look it up atm.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

cultivatedmass
02.12.2013 , 06:52 PM | #4
not as cool as powertechs.

Keyran-Halcyon
02.13.2013 , 08:49 AM | #5
/signed

To mean this just shows even more that Bioware really does have favorite classes
Rogue Heals
<Art Supplies>
Captain Hng Slo & Master Teh-Hauss

Technohic
02.13.2013 , 09:09 AM | #6
Yeah. I know playing pyro spec, it made it a lot easier to know the proc due to the laugh. They need things like that as improvements to a lot of procs for several classes IMO. just make it to where only you hear it for crying out loud. Of all the idiotic things they address, I don't know how they continue to make things worse in so many ways.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

AlexModny
02.13.2013 , 09:31 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Good news everyone! Upper Hand and Tactical Advantage proc laugh/giggle is coming back in 2.0! Your Scoundrel or Operative will now chuckle most heartily when they gain their first UP/TA when they previously had zero. Before we took it out completely the sound was playing every time you gained an UP/TA and was really spamming everyone with their infectious chortles. I really miss the giggle so Im glad we are bringing it back, hope yall enjoy it as well!

Cheers!
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

cycao
02.13.2013 , 09:51 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Good news everyone! Upper Hand and Tactical Advantage proc laugh/giggle is coming back in 2.0! Your Scoundrel or Operative will now chuckle most heartily when they gain their first UP/TA when they previously had zero. Before we took it out completely the sound was playing every time you gained an UP/TA and was really spamming everyone with their infectious chortles. I really miss the giggle so Im glad we are bringing it back, hope yall enjoy it as well!

Cheers!
Holy cow they do check these forums still.

cashogy_reborn
02.13.2013 , 09:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post

Cheers!
whoa

could we get some hints as to whether 2.0 is the next patch? or are we going to go through 1.8 and 1.9?
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Joesixxpack
02.13.2013 , 09:58 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Holy cow they do check these forums still.
Gotta admit I'm surprised to see yellow, and glad it brought good news.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE