Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Datamined Inquisitor changes for RotHC!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor
Datamined Inquisitor changes for RotHC!

Altheran
02.14.2013 , 12:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EatenByDistance View Post
i strongly dislike both of the new abilities

especially force barrier, a "get out of being focused free" card just seems tactless and lazy. Even if it is changed so that it can't be channeled while controlled or whatever I still don't like it. I hope the ability is scrapped.
My mind is open on this one. As long it is not an ability that can be used too oftenly, I'm fine. (2-3min CD)
I think that it fits pretty well the style of Sorcerers and Sages. (If you ended the Consular Story, there is one of the final cinematics where your character use this ability)

What I don't like about it, is :
Life Ward: Your Static Barrier and Force Barrier heal you for <<1>>% of your total health every second for as long as they last.
It says : "You can't touch me, but I'm healing myself, and you can't even stop me."

Melaku
02.14.2013 , 01:05 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
You don't know how much is "<<1>>%". Advanced Prototype Powertech have a similar talent which gives 15/30% damage reduction, it won't be surprising to be the same values.
What I meant was that we're suppose to be glass cannon. We don't need damage reduction while stunned.... we will die anyway. The Alacrity boost is a joke... seriously in madness tree?? All our ability is about mobility (I use force barrier, overload, affliction, creeping terror, whirwind, shock, force speed, jolt and crushing darkness (on wrath) and all are instant cast!), we use only force lightning that is channeled. 4% won't change much.
Melaku - Sorcerer
POT5

Altheran
02.14.2013 , 04:42 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Melaku View Post
What I meant was that we're suppose to be glass cannon. We don't need damage reduction while stunned.... we will die anyway. The Alacrity boost is a joke... seriously in madness tree?? All our ability is about mobility (I use force barrier, overload, affliction, creeping terror, whirwind, shock, force speed, jolt and crushing darkness (on wrath) and all are instant cast!), we use only force lightning that is channeled. 4% won't change much.
I agree this kind of "buff" (alacrity) are a bit... useless.

I don't think that Sorcerer are the glass cannon that people suggest nor I think they are supposed to be one. I know that in most MMO, "light armor" equals "glass cannon", but I think that in SWTOR, it's not true.
Frankly, my low Sorcerer has more survivability than my lvl 50 Sniper. Yes, when I'm a Sorcerer, I'm a victim of leaps, but even with more incoming damage because of these leaps, I last as long as with my Sniper, if not longer. From this, I end to the conclusion that my Sorc is more survivable. On the other hand, when I'm a Sniper, if someone attack me, my survival chance lies in killing him/them before I'm killed. Trying to lengthen my life span is most of the time near inefficient. Even if I can't be leaped, I'm much more vulnerable when attacks land on me and I have better "on-demand" and bursty damage. For me my Sniper is more likely to be called "glass cannon".

warstory
02.14.2013 , 09:20 PM | #14
the bolded are very important changes to lightning badly want to play test it lighting strike being given a 50% crit bonus , thunder blast can proc chain lightning and chain lightning has a slow and stun to it. it just maybe enough for lighting to be viable

Quote:
New abilities for Lightning

* Cascading Force: Chain Lightning has a <<1>>% chance to immobilize all affected targets for <<2[%d seconds/%d second/%d seconds]>> and slow all affected targets by 50% for <<3[%d seconds/%d second/%d seconds]>>.

* Flowing Force: Forked Lightning is twice as likely to trigger while Polarity Shift is active. Additionally increases the duration of Polarity Shift by <<1>> seconds and reduces its cooldown by <<2>> seconds.

* Force Haste: Reduces the cooldown of Force Speed by <<1>> seconds, Force Slow by <<2>> seconds, and Force Barrier by <<3>> seconds.

* Mental Momentum: Crushing Darkness has a <<1>>% chance to tick twice. In addition, when you activate Thundering Blast, there is a <<2>>% chance the ability will produce a second blast that strikes the same target for 30% damage.

* Metaphysical Alacrity: Polarity Shift increases your movement speed by 50% while active.

Talent tree changes for Lightning

* Suppression: Reduces the activation time of Whirlwind by <<1>> seconds and increases the lockout duration of Jolt by <<2[%d seconds/%d second/%d seconds]>>.

* Electric Bindings: Overload has a <<1>>% chance to unbalance its targets, immobilizing them for 5 seconds. Direct damage dealt after 2 seconds ends the effect prematurely.

* Electric Induction: Reduces the Force cost of Force attacks and healing abilities by <<1>>% and increases Force accuracy by <<2>>%.

* Backlash: Static Barriers you place on yourself have a <<1>>% chance to collapse in a Backlash when they end, incapacitating all nearby enemies for 3 seconds. This effect does not break on damage.

* Reverberating Force: Increases the critical damage bonus of your Lightning Strike, Chain Lightning and Thundering Blast by <<1[%d/%d/%d]>>%.

* Lightning Effusion: Force attacks that critically hit have a <<1>>% chance to grant Lightning Effusion, lowering the Force cost of your next two Force attacks by 75%.

* Forked Lightning: When you activate Lightning Strike or Chain Lightning, there is a <<1>>% chance the ability will produce a second attack that strikes the same targets for 30% damage.

* Lightning Storm: Lightning Strike and Thundering Blast have a <<1>>% chance and Force Storm has a <<2>>% chance when dealing damage to cause Lightning Storm, immediately finishing the cooldown on Chain Lightning and making your next Chain Lightning activate instantly and cost no Force. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.

* Conduction: Forked Lightning and Mental Momentum issue Conduction, increasing your Force bonus damage by <<1>>% for <<2>> seconds. Stacks up to 3 times. In addition, each Forked Lightning and Mental Momentum has a <<3>>% chance to reduce the active cooldown of Polarity Shift by 1 second.

wwkingms
02.14.2013 , 10:29 PM | #15
* Phase Walk: Activating this ability marks your current location for <<1>> seconds. When this ability is activated again, if you are within 60 meters of the marked location, you instantly return to the marked location. When returning to the marked location or when the effect ends, Phase Walk goes on cooldown for 45 seconds. Does not break stealth.

?????

i hope BW is trolling us,

from a person who played a warlock main in warcraft for 6 years and begging blizz for an escape, they trolled us with Demonic circle, a big shiney circle that took a second to cast that everybody could see and couldnt break stuns, it was worthless outside of arena...

what we need is a STUN,ROOT,MEZZ breaking teleport ability without a setup, straight up YO

* Force Barrier: Projects a Force Barrier about you, granting immunity to all control, damage, and negative effects while channeled. This ability does not respect the global cooldown and can be used while controlled.

is almost perfect to counter when these melee tards focus me as a sorc...
if i could add one thing... that it regens force as its channeled and its perfect
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Diablo_Cow
02.14.2013 , 11:13 PM | #16
I'm liking the lightning changes. Not sure how much dps it'll add but it seemed Bioware actually took some advice that was given to them. Also I am intrigued by that Alacrity boost in the corruption tree. I wonder if it'll be low enough to grab. Hell even if it turns out to be a +3% overall increase I can see it being worth the points.

I think I am misreading the skill but with Mental Momentum, does Crushing Darkness have to be applied to the target in order to receive the second Thunder Blast hit? If it doesn't YAAAY that's a nice boost. If it does, well its a burst thing and I'll still be happy to get it.

Not too sure about Phasewalk and Force Barrier. The two of them seem like too much. I think they'll be great at first. But then the smashers will complain yet again and it'll be nerfed badly

Overall this leak has made me hope that Bioware is finally giving us sorcs some love. But I hope that my hopes and dreams aren't shattered

wwkingms
02.14.2013 , 11:34 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Diablo_Cow View Post
I'm liking the lightning changes. Not sure how much dps it'll add but it seemed Bioware actually took some advice that was given to them. Also I am intrigued by that Alacrity boost in the corruption tree. I wonder if it'll be low enough to grab. Hell even if it turns out to be a +3% overall increase I can see it being worth the points.

I think I am misreading the skill but with Mental Momentum, does Crushing Darkness have to be applied to the target in order to receive the second Thunder Blast hit? If it doesn't YAAAY that's a nice boost. If it does, well its a burst thing and I'll still be happy to get it.

Not too sure about Phasewalk and Force Barrier. The two of them seem like too much. I think they'll be great at first. But then the smashers will complain yet again and it'll be nerfed badly

Overall this leak has made me hope that Bioware is finally giving us sorcs some love. But I hope that my hopes and dreams aren't shattered
the thing with force barrier as im understanding it, is that to use it we must be stationary AND channel it, therefor not self healing, not doing dmg..

think of it as a channeled iceblock (if u played wow)

not op at all imo.. a 1 min cooldown would be nice
NIHIL

THE BASTION

wwkingms
02.14.2013 , 11:51 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by EatenByDistance View Post
i strongly dislike both of the new abilities

especially force barrier, a "get out of being focused free" card just seems tactless and lazy. Even if it is changed so that it can't be channeled while controlled or whatever I still don't like it. I hope the ability is scrapped.
yes it must be nice to hit your "oh sh*t" button and vanish or become immune to force/tech

but for sorcs this is fking needed
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Altheran
02.15.2013 , 04:27 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by warstory View Post
the bolded are very important changes to lightning badly want to play test it lighting strike being given a 50% crit bonus , thunder blast can proc chain lightning and chain lightning has a slow and stun to it. it just maybe enough for lighting to be viable

[/SIZE]
Personally, I think that Thunder Blast should rather proc Lightning Barrage instead of Lighning Storm. Lightning Barrage has a proc rate way too low unless you spread the DoT, which isn't really a solution.

Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
* Phase Walk: Activating this ability marks your current location for <<1>> seconds. When this ability is activated again, if you are within 60 meters of the marked location, you instantly return to the marked location. When returning to the marked location or when the effect ends, Phase Walk goes on cooldown for 45 seconds. Does not break stealth.

?????

i hope BW is trolling us,
This ability is unlikely to be a Sorc one, but an Assassin one. Just like Assassin are unlikely to get Force Barrier.

wwkingms
02.15.2013 , 05:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
Personally, I think that Thunder Blast should rather proc Lightning Barrage instead of Lighning Storm. Lightning Barrage has a proc rate way too low unless you spread the DoT, which isn't really a solution.

This ability is unlikely to be a Sorc one, but an Assassin one. Just like Assassin are unlikely to get Force Barrier.
idk, i dont see the need for an assassin to have a pre set up teleport,

i thought they were getting a shadowstep type ability, not that assassins have mobility issues
NIHIL

THE BASTION