Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Repairs] Too expensive!!!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mercurial_Harpy
02.15.2013 , 10:35 AM | #421
So, as underhanded as it gets, Beesodd from community service just responded to this scenario in the CS forums:

Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
I just got stuck Geometry on my own ship, had to use /stuck and ended up with an 8k repair bill.

COME ON BIOWARE!
He replied:

Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Elfa,

This is working as intended. However, you may wish to give feedback on the changes to repair costs in General Discussion.
Thread can be located here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...71#post5861471

So, the game freezes, player gets stuck, and charging him 8K to continue play is...working as intended.

My reply to that hot mess is in the thread. Basically, I'm done. Subscription canceled as of now. I'm voting with my wallet. I was planning on purchasing extra Cartel packs this month in addition to my sub. Instead I just canceled my subscription. I supported this game through all it's shortcomings since launch. This dramatic changed should have been communicated to the players. It was not. The 2 line patch note did not cover the impact it had on people who play the game. And Bioware's continued silence adds insult to injury.

Sad and disgusted. I'm pretty sure I can find another past-time that doesn't go out of its way to kick you in the teeth.
~The Argost Legacy~

~Jedi Covenant~

BrewMike
02.15.2013 , 11:53 AM | #422
It appears to me that this is the result of the game economists over stepping in an attempt to remove credits from the economy. I'm confident that there are members of the development team that were against such a heavy-handed move, but it was decided to give it a try to measure the response of the gaming community. Since subscriptions are typically paid for months in advance, this thread and the others like it are critical to providing our feedback about the increased cost of repairs.

Add me to the list of very unhappy subscribers who are imploring BioWare to significantly reduce the repair costs. This extravagant additional cost has temporarily suspended the raiding (ops running) by my guild (100% subscribers) and if kept in place will threaten the health of it.

I am asking to keep in mind that there is a significant population of subscribers who do not have the time and/or desire to do anything other than run operations, occasional flash points and maybe level an alt. With the current level of repair costs, none of these activities generate enough credits to cover it. Unfortunately, these type of players are under represented on the forum and I hope that is taken into consideration when evaluating the feedback here.

TL:DR
Please reconsider the current level of repair costs and find another way to remove credits from the game, if that is the goal. Also, if the formula for calculating repair cost is adjusted, please reduce/eliminate the additional cost for tank spec players.

Raiders
02.15.2013 , 12:13 PM | #423
Believe me, bioware is not reconsidering anything.

In their mind they fixed something which was broken... not even understanding that maybe the fact that it was broken saved them. Indeed, I (and certainly many others) would have cancelled my subs way before today if they had applied such ridiculous repair price in 1.2.

Anyway.. the only factor which matter for such company is real money.
Devs do not listen players.. but they listen to their Manager who at some point are listening to the financial director.
Hence, any subscription cancellation does count.. and will be analysed end of the month.

If after 1.7, they record a pick of cancellation and read the reason you attach to it ( swtor not fun , ridiculous repair price etc.), I tell you that the Dev will be asked to change that ASAP.

At the end it's just a matter of who you are :
- a hardcore player who can play hours, grind all dailies several time a week and can afford repair cost.
- a different type of player, who doesn't want to grind dailies just to afford any repair cost in OPS/FP etc. (whatever your reason)

I guess that the second type of players will cancel their subs at some point anytime soon..and then EA will have to see if the remaining players bring enough money on the table to keep the servers up.

Radzkie
02.15.2013 , 01:45 PM | #424
With such stupid skyhigh repair costs, those of us fully geared are less willing to help new people learn raids. And oh god, I am never pugging again. Spending days worth of dalies on teaching people who sometimes just don't end up getting it is not worth it. :/

JovethGonzalez
02.15.2013 , 01:48 PM | #425 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone!

Because a thread about this topic already exists, we'll be closing this thread in order to consolidate discussion. We encourage you to join the existing discussion of Repair costs here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=597827

Thanks!