Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dismissing Companion

Darslk
02.11.2013 , 08:31 PM | #1
Is there any way to semi-permanently dismiss your companion? I know you can't permanently get rid of them, but I'm running an alt and I'd like to go as far as I can without my companion. Clicking the dismiss button only gets rid of them for awhile, I know ending a conversation brings them back and I think entering new phases and exiting vehicles also does.

Has anyone tried this before? One workaround that I can think of is sending them on crew missions and eventually the missions will take an hour or so, but it'd be nice if there was a better solution. I wish this wasn't forced on us.
Prophecy of the Five, <Ghost Panther>

AndasKastor
02.11.2013 , 08:49 PM | #2
Hmm, I didn't know that they would spontaneously show back up.

If that does happen a lot (I believe you, just haven't tried it myself) then I think the only workaround would be the crew mission thing that you mentioned.

If you really don't want them to help then I would have the ship droid as your companion (don't equip him) so that if he shows up the help would be minimal.

Blackavaar
02.11.2013 , 09:00 PM | #3
Only exiting/ending conversations brings them back. Getting off your speeder and entering a new instance does not in my experience.

One thing you could do is start a group with 4 players so that all of your companions get dismissed. Of course, you all have to be in proximity for the companions to be dismissed, but you can leave the group immediately after. Once this is done you have to recall companion every time you go down an elevator or otherwise change to a new instance. So, that might help keep them away for longer periods.

On the other hand, the best way to gain affection with your companions is through conversations, so running entirely without them, even for conversations might be a bad idea, unless you want to spend a ton of credits getting them up to speed later on.

If I was you I would call them up for conversations and dismiss them after anyway.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Drudenfusz
02.11.2013 , 09:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Only exiting/ending conversations brings them back. Getting off your speeder and entering a new instance does not in my experience.
Travelling to other worlds bring them also back.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version