Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lethality Op PVP vid 2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Lethality Op PVP vid 2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RyanReagan
02.13.2013 , 12:19 PM | #21
Your post here has just ensured your fate that lethality operative will never get a buff.

Also I agree that it is a terrible spec that is absolutely inferior to its' Sniper counterpart.

I mean especially with the low TTK in ranked, what would the point be for a lethality operative? The whole class has the problem where only the healing procs get you anything (a surgical probe). Collateral Damage procs give you a free TA.... but the lacerate is just a fluff ability to use while waiting for BS, EP or SHIV to come off cooldown.

Lethality is worse because it has no procs. Plus you still can't even tell which DoTs are yours, can you?
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

Technohic
02.13.2013 , 12:22 PM | #22
I will have to try again and follow the videos, but my main issue with it when I tried was the UH buildup. I always felt that the DOTs should have a chance to grant UH the way sawbones HOTs do as a start. defensive cooldowns would help, or even an ability to in combat stealth a little more often to be kind of a glass cannon stil, but have a bit more escapability.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

cultivatedmass
02.13.2013 , 12:22 PM | #23
i find i do better with the 30% TA proc on hot lethality build. 18/0/23.

a little bit less damage per shot, but i can chain culls more frequently while being more surviable.

when all cd's are down i can quickly heal myself for another ta proc into cull.

Ravashakk
02.13.2013 , 12:23 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by cultivatedmass View Post
it's a frag video.
I disagree. Yeah there are some short clips of me bursting someone, but that isn't the whole video. I'm guessing you didn't watch my first video. It showed a lot of extended gameplay clips.

ido you know how overpowered concealment ops look in a frag video?
Do you know the ratio of conceal videos to lethality videos? It is called a breath of fresh air. If you find it entertaining that a stealther goes up to someone 1v1s them clip after clip, then by all means.

iwhen you pick and choose clips everything looks really good.
I'm sorry I cut out the boring, but don't think for a second I don't replicate what you see on a constant basis.

i play both dps ops and there are too many times where i can't get both dots off on a target just as there are too many times where i can't use my opener as concealment.
Sounds like you need better teammates if you are dying in 2 gcds.

also, aoe dot spam is not good for team oriented play. they break too much cc.
If your team relies on breakable CCs, then yes I agree with you. I never claimed this spec was super ranked friendly lol.

At the end of the day, no one is forcing you to play the spec. I play the spec because I enjoy it. I suggest you do the same.
Medicine/Lethality PVP Patch 2.3
I don't tab dot to fluff my damage...I tab dot so that when I'm done wrecking your buddy, I can move right on to wrecking you.

cultivatedmass
02.13.2013 , 12:25 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravashakk View Post
I disagree. Yeah there are some short clips of me bursting someone, but that isn't the whole video. I'm guessing you didn't watch my first video. It showed a lot of extended gameplay clips.
and i bet you only chose extend clips of everything going right. like every class video in the history of man...

Sounds like you need better teammates if you are dying in 2 gcds.
ummmm. it has nothing to do with dying. it's waiting for acid cd and being stuck in combat unable to reopen.

i feel operative has very strong defensive cd's. i don't know why people bash on them. i die the least with my dps op.

low cd 4 second stun. aoe blind, evasion which does a number on snipers/assassins/master strike etc, stealth, damage shield.

Ravashakk
02.13.2013 , 12:27 PM | #26
i find i do better with the 30% TA proc on hot lethality build. 18/0/23.

a little bit less damage per shot, but i can chain culls more frequently while being more surviable.

when all cd's are down i can quickly heal myself for another ta proc into cull.
I've tried to hybridize the spec, but you lose too much burst dmg from the top talents in leth. If you are more of a lone wolf, then your spec should do well. If you generally have healers/tanks then you don't have to worry about healing as much, and concentrate on doing dmg.

Weakening blast buffs the internal dmg portion of your cull by 30%, and the talent below that buffs your poison dmg on targets under 30% health also buffs your cull's internal dmg by 15%.
I don't tab dot to fluff my damage...I tab dot so that when I'm done wrecking your buddy, I can move right on to wrecking you.

cultivatedmass
02.13.2013 , 12:29 PM | #27
I've tried to hybridize the spec, but you lose too much burst dmg from the top talents in leth. If you are more of a lone wolf, then your spec should do well. If you generally have healers/tanks then you don't have to worry about healing as much, and concentrate on doing dmg.

Weakening blast buffs the internal dmg portion of your cull by 30%, and the talent below that buffs your poison dmg on targets under 30% health also buffs your cull's internal dmg by 15%.
i felt more culls and the ability to stay alive and get more off outweighed that.

Ravashakk
02.13.2013 , 12:35 PM | #28
and i bet you only chose extend clips of everything going right. like every class video in the history of man....
The other video was 21 mins of compilation from 1 night of PVPing (I think 6-8 games maybe).

Think what you want, but I'm not going to make a PVP snuff film. The majority of ppl don't want to see the times where I'm running around doing nothing or getting killed by 4 guys.

Your opinion has been noted. Feel free to level on Jedi Covenant if you want to see how much of me is PVP video quality.

tatatan
02.13.2013 , 12:43 PM | #29
Hi,
i play / played Lethality Op from game Day -7 (one week early access - well maybe -6 befor i got to level 10).

I can only say Lethality is much broken in PvP. Also i can say, i take any other DMG class and destroy Lethality. That's it.
Do you want to know it's 'sweet secret' ?
- he need its TA (tactical advantage) to use Cull (biggest DMG attack) and also Cull to do any DMG he needs to have 2 poisons on you
- ergo:
1. let him dot you (cleanse if you can - remember cleanse is on 6 sec cooldown, so if you cleanse right, he wont even have chance to do any DMG to you because he can not use his biggest attack with no poisons on you)

2 let him shiv you (knife attack - he need to knife you to gain TA for Cull)

3. CC him, slow him + kite him for roughly 5 sec (depending on you CC ability time) and let his Tactical advantage expire .... and you have one Lethality with pants down

4. laugh at him (this all doing while 2nd cleansing his DoTs and removing them entirely)

5. proceed to kill him if you didn't already

The video show that you can be good if you run unchecked - but then any class can. Nothing against the player here, he does good, but then as said, if you're spotted by someone who's decent player, you're dead meat.

TUXs
02.13.2013 , 12:46 PM | #30
I honestly didn't know devs watched PVP videos, so thank you for your time.
Yeah, I'm glad they have time to reply to this, of all topics, and time to watch a player made video, rather than actually responding to 1 of the hundreds of threads about CCs.

Glad he's here, just feel he's in the wrong thread.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])