Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lethality Op PVP vid 2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Lethality Op PVP vid 2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ravashakk
02.14.2013 , 07:59 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Riggz View Post
Nice video - lot for everyone to learn from that

Would be cool if you could post some healing vids as well - if you already have just point me in that direction
I have some games recorded, but nothing close for a highlight video. Still determining what portions I'd want to showcase to make it entertaining. I don't think anyone wants to see me free casting.

Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
Melee check

Stealth check

CC check

Range check

Burst check

Sustained damage check

Aoe check

Mobility check

I am impressed on this video, it shows huge potential for a Lethal Operative.

Well done OP!
I'm glad you noticed. I didn't think many would see how some clips showed off different facets of the operative's skill set.

Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
GJ to OP on the videos!
Thank you, and to all who spent 20+ mins watching at least 1 of my vids. It was hard narrowing down what I wanted to use. Lot of good clips, but I didn't want a 50 min highlight video.
Medicine/Lethality PVP Patch 2.3
I don't tab dot to fluff my damage...I tab dot so that when I'm done wrecking your buddy, I can move right on to wrecking you.

Zbus
02.14.2013 , 08:44 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravashakk View Post
Thnx. Depends on the role you're trying to fill. Some situations, conceal will edge out lethality, and lethal will edge out conceal in others. It comes down with who you queue with, and what they want you doing. Otherwise, just go with the one you have more fun with.

I'm hoping ppl forget so I can start taking less of a beating. Then my master plan is to go back to healing once everyone thinks I'm just tab dotting in the back and not worth the effort. Mwahahahaa!
Might work but if I see you on ISO your getting a marker regardless lol I cant take the chance of you being in healer spec. even if it looks like your DPSing.

Ravashakk
02.14.2013 , 11:40 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Zbus View Post
Might work but if I see you on ISO your getting a marker regardless lol I cant take the chance of you being in healer spec. even if it looks like your DPSing.
Trying to make it in the next vid, huh? ;-)
I don't tab dot to fluff my damage...I tab dot so that when I'm done wrecking your buddy, I can move right on to wrecking you.

POPsi
02.15.2013 , 05:28 AM | #104
I tried lethality again yesterday thanks to this post. Altogether, my damage output is higher than with concealment, however have less burst potential . I can't really pick off enemy healers or node guards. While with concealment, I always seek the opportunity to ninja an enemy node, this doesn't really seem to work with lethality.

In which WZ would I chose lethality over concealment? Probably voidstar, but mezzing enemy team won't be possible, so not ideal.

For hypergates, concealment is better to try and ninja nodes. If you want to win by dps, then lethality and stick to mid.

Civil war and Novare... concealment for both. High burst means faster ninja caps even if I do less damage at the end.

Huttball. I'd prefer concealment, but I think both specs are viable here.

Zbus
02.15.2013 , 07:25 AM | #105
Trying to make it in the next vid, huh? ;-)
It would be a short video I die to fast.

Ravashakk
02.15.2013 , 08:43 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by POPsi View Post
I tried lethality again yesterday thanks to this post. Altogether, my damage output is higher than with concealment, however have less burst potential . I can't really pick off enemy healers or node guards. While with concealment, I always seek the opportunity to ninja an enemy node, this doesn't really seem to work with lethality.

In which WZ would I chose lethality over concealment? Probably voidstar, but mezzing enemy team won't be possible, so not ideal.

For hypergates, concealment is better to try and ninja nodes. If you want to win by dps, then lethality and stick to mid.

Civil war and Novare... concealment for both. High burst means faster ninja caps even if I do less damage at the end.

Huttball. I'd prefer concealment, but I think both specs are viable here.
Hate when ppl say "concealment has higher burst potential". When concealment does 10k-13k in the span of a global I'll concede they do more burst. I'll say they have less setup to their burst since it is front loaded.

Good on ya for trying something new, but you can't expect instant results trying a spec in 1 night. Sounds like you might have a hard time breaking concealment habits while playing leth.

MobiusZero
02.15.2013 , 10:16 AM | #107
Good on ya for trying something new, but you can't expect instant results trying a spec in 1 night. Sounds like you might have a hard time breaking concealment habits while playing leth.
This.

I played Concealment for the first month the game was out, then tried Lethality just to see how it plays. After the first couple days, I was convinced it was utter crap. I even walked to the respec NPC and was about to respec, when I paused for a second and thought, "Have I really given it a good chance? Maybe I'm playing it too much like Concealment."

I typically play assassin and stealth classes, in other games, so Concealment seemed like the right fit for me. But I'm damn glad I gave Lethality a chance, because it helped me see the huge flaws with Concealment.

Most Concealment players spend too much time in stealth, and get terrible DPS scores at the end of a WZ, and try and justify it by saying that their burst was more useful to the team. Rubbish.

And though stealth capping has its uses - Capping the node that the main force is skirmishing over, is even more important. That's what Lethality really shines at.

If I played Concealment now, I'd probably play it a lot more like I do Lethality, lol, Concealment can actually get a good DPS score, if they do things right, and realize they actually have more skills than just their burst opener, and that dicking around in stealth looking for a "good" target, is usually a detriment to their team.

Technohic
02.15.2013 , 10:22 AM | #108
Level 40 too early to try DF/Lethality?
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

Ravashakk
02.15.2013 , 10:49 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Level 40 too early to try DF/Lethality?
I've only played it at 50, but 40 gives you most every talent you'll need. It'll get better with the other trees, higher dart dmg, less dart energy, 9% cunning to name a few.

Ravashakk
02.15.2013 , 10:54 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by MobiusZero View Post
This.

I played Concealment for the first month the game was out, then tried Lethality just to see how it plays. After the first couple days, I was convinced it was utter crap. I even walked to the respec NPC and was about to respec, when I paused for a second and thought, "Have I really given it a good chance? Maybe I'm playing it too much like Concealment."

I typically play assassin and stealth classes, in other games, so Concealment seemed like the right fit for me. But I'm damn glad I gave Lethality a chance, because it helped me see the huge flaws with Concealment.

Most Concealment players spend too much time in stealth, and get terrible DPS scores at the end of a WZ, and try and justify it by saying that their burst was more useful to the team. Rubbish.

And though stealth capping has its uses - Capping the node that the main force is skirmishing over, is even more important. That's what Lethality really shines at.

If I played Concealment now, I'd probably play it a lot more like I do Lethality, lol, Concealment can actually get a good DPS score, if they do things right, and realize they actually have more skills than just their burst opener, and that dicking around in stealth looking for a "good" target, is usually a detriment to their team.
I would like to point out that leth is also capable of stealth capping or bursting someone down then capping. Even shorter against stalling stealth opponents that try to stealth away after resolve resets cuz your dots will bring them out of stealth. I had a few moments in my vids that included cc capping and kill caps.