Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Stealios
02.11.2013 , 07:23 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkfiretiger View Post
Hold on so this is a world event, that requires group participation and drops PVP gear?
Right well good luck with that maybe the expansion will have some PVE content for people who embraced the idea of the solo adventure and storyline rather then complaining about the lack of PVP and endgame content after running through the game as fast as possible, maybe after a full year of subscriptions I'll get some content.
Most things have been pve orientated so far. what's wrong with some pvp love?
One thing doesn't have to exclude the other.
Stelios - Sentinel
<Nostrum Dolus>
<Tomb of Freedon Nadd>

JediMB
02.11.2013 , 07:24 PM | #42
Glad to finally get confirmation that the Western Ice Shelf has been reworked to support pure PvE for this event. Especially considering all the wannabe-griefers who've been boasting about it being a PvP event. Also glad to see that there are options to do PvP missions or simply completing one's PvE missions in the PvP half of the area, if one wishes to try those routes.

This is the type of content that might actually get me to casually try out PvP.

Also, I'm really looking forward to those event rewards...
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

supafreak
02.11.2013 , 07:27 PM | #43
Hold on so this is a world event, that requires group participation and drops PVP gear?
Right well good luck with that maybe the expansion will have some PVE content for people who embraced the idea of the solo adventure and storyline rather then complaining about the lack of PVP and endgame content after running through the game as fast as possible, maybe after a full year of subscriptions I'll get some content.
Most everything in tor is pve oriented. Ilum was supposed to be our pvp area. This event has both. I dont want to do the operation in the center, so I wont. I do want to go to the pvp flagged area so I will, I also want to do the pve northern area, so I will.
Death By Snu Snu- The Spirit is Willing But The Flesh is Spongy and Bruised

MadHobbit
02.11.2013 , 07:28 PM | #44
[QUOTE=Trollokdamus;5844142]/facedesk
Do you really think that everyone who plays this game now have started a year ago?

well i started a year ago off and on, my highest is 43 JC Shadow, I amnot a rusher, I have enjoyed the story lines and
I have a few alts, I feel why rush to the end and then stand around with nothing to do? I am a PVE because i don't care for PVP.,i'm not going to rush and lvl to 45 to be able to do the event.

Bleeters
02.11.2013 , 07:29 PM | #45
The linked blog specifically suggests that you can either complete daily quests in the un-flagged section, or move into the pvp section and complete them there against easier enemies but with the added risk of needing to fight other players. Assuming it works out as it seems to be saying, there won't be any 'forced' pvp.

As for group participation, I only see mention of an operations boss (which you don't need to do to get the event rewards, it would seem), a heroic 4 quest, and a limitation on the number of people who can group up together in the (possible free for all) pvp zone.

SentinelDranoel
02.11.2013 , 08:05 PM | #46
I am looking at that myself
The Empire and the Republic have set up research camps to study the Secant camps which double as staging platforms for forays into the contested area in the south.
This is a PvP region restricted to groups of four players competing over limited resources to achieve daily mission objectives.
Operations groups are disallowed in the Southern Bowl, but on PvP servers, the Northern Bowl will still host large-scale conflicts between the Empire and the Republic.

No Operations groups in the Southern Bowl and Northern Bowl if you are in a Pve Server.
Pvp Servers can have Operations groups in the Northern Bowl.

Many repeatable missions are available at each research camp, and those that require entering the Southern Bowl are flagged as [PvP]. These [PvP] missions do not directly require killing players, but the nature of the objectives will pit your group against all others in the region
Southern Bowl will be the Pvp area if you are going to get a auto flag. At the same time I can no longer form operations groups in the area because of the four man limit. So either they give me a character copy or I will just run around with other players in my faction. No reason to roll in a pvp server just to do this one event.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

Drudenfusz
02.11.2013 , 09:00 PM | #47
Can't wait to get some PvP on Ilum again, hope it will be great and this time actually work.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Obannah
02.11.2013 , 09:04 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Cmdluke View Post
all events have been PvE focused so far. Why shouldn't PvPers get an event that caters more toward them? I'm mainly a PvEer and I'm excited for this event.
You disgrace the Empire with you words!

Obannah
02.11.2013 , 09:06 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by mOk, so you are forced to PVP in order to do this, and can only do this event if you are 45+. Nice way to alienate half the people playing.

I hate PVP. People will just exploit it and gang up on people in groups to further ruin it. Completely ruining their chance to get anything done. I only enjoy playing WITH others, not against others, or alone.

Way to go Bioware.

My anticipation for this just died. Pretty much everything they do now just turns me off.
dluke;5843780
all events have been PvE focused so far. Why shouldn't PvPers get an event that caters more toward them? I'm mainly a PvEer and I'm excited for this event.
You disgrace the Empire with you words!

TheHunterC
02.11.2013 , 09:08 PM | #50
[QUOTE=MadHobbit;5844404]
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
/facedesk
Do you really think that everyone who plays this game now have started a year ago?

well i started a year ago off and on, my highest is 43 JC Shadow, I amnot a rusher, I have enjoyed the story lines and
I have a few alts, I feel why rush to the end and then stand around with nothing to do? I am a PVE because i don't care for PVP.,i'm not going to rush and lvl to 45 to be able to do the event.
This is almost exactly me ^^^
BioWare consider the ideas in THIS thread.

proud Collector's Edition owner