Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Auto change of Guild Master

02.11.2013 , 08:07 AM | #1
Hi, can someone give me an idea of the timescale that it takes for the Guild Master to be automatically transferred to another guildie on non-log in?
I am the GM of two linked Guilds one on each faction and I have been offline for two weeks as my PC was disconnected due to our decorating the interior of the house, I come back on this morning to find that while I am still GM of the Imperial side, it has been transferred to another of my characters??? and the GM of the Republic side has auto transferred to another Guild member.

While this isn't a huge issue because I will be able to ask for the transfer back when the Guildie comes online, it is a major pain in the backside!!

What is occurring here?? and can we stop it PLEASE. This is the second time I have lost GM for not logging in for a couple of weeks.. it's totally bonkers as the GM could possibly be transferred to some Guild member who has no regard for the Guild and could cause major damage.

02.11.2013 , 09:32 AM | #2
After 30 days of inactivity the GM rights transfer to one of the officers.

Tbh if this happened multiple times to you I don't see what regard do you have to your guild, because that means multiple months of inactivity.

02.11.2013 , 10:49 AM | #3
It's happened twice and only after at the most 2 weeks. Both Guilds only have me and three of my closest friends and this is they way we want it to stay. All of us have our maximum amount of characters for both sides in both guilds and we play as and when we can, but as we are professional people with other committments, this means that we sometimes can't get together as a foursome for a couple of weeks at a time because some of the members may be working at the other side of the world. We do get together as pairs or threesomes when time allows.

I took on the role of GM for both sides as I am retired and have the most "spare" time but the 30 day thing DEFINITELY does not work as I can categorically state that I logged onto ALL of my characters in both Guilds approximately 3 weeks ago to check all funds on all characters.

We had at one point considered allowing randoms into the Guild but the very idea that through other commitments I may not be able to log on for weeks at time knocked that whole idea out as one of the random guys could get GM if us as the founders have working commitments elsewhere and cannot log on.

Isn't their any way to opt out of this stupid GM auto change thing?

06.07.2013 , 11:41 PM | #4
OMG this happen to me i'm no longer guild master , i'm telling them all to get out or i'll 3d kill them on sight o.o star wars needs to do something will save a lot of 3d deaths o.o

09.27.2013 , 06:48 AM | #5
This happened to me, just because i didnt log into my main which was gm while i was levelling an alt for a month, GM has gone to some random instead of one of my alts and that moron wont transfer it back and threatened to kick me, the hell?

Sorry but this is the stupidest thing ever, after all the work a GM puts into it why should some random get the GM and screw up hours of work because of a stupid system like this?

09.28.2013 , 01:44 AM | #6
Seriously guys, this has to be changed, even with WoW a GM transfer didn't happen automatically and I've been in Guilds there were we never saw the GM for months because of working committments but that doesn't mean to say it's not still his/her Guild for all the intiial hard work put in.

If this stupid rule changed then we would open out our Guild to randoms and expand it but until that happens we as a foursome cannot allow some idiot to come along who plays everyday because they don't have a life to get GM and destroy all of our hard work, just because we actually have other things to do with our lives on a regular basis...
... or even leveling an alt!! that can take weeks if you want to do it properly and to have to take time out just to log onto your GM char is just plain stupid.

Yes a Guild needs a GM to be a proper Guild but it can function perfectly without him actually logging in for a month or so.... why not put in a more sensible rule where Guild members can petition to have the GM transferred if the original GM is in absentia for over a couple of months and they don't expect him back? Does this seem like an unreasonable amount of extra work for support? We are (most of us) paying a lot of good cash to keep this game afloat...

Most Guilds will know when their GM has gone for good and won't be back.

I don't expect a support reply really, it's easier to ignore a problem than to acknowledge that it needs fixing.