Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

swtor security key not working

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
swtor security key not working
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

XxvandalxX
02.10.2013 , 04:09 PM | #1
my key was working maybe an hour ago now every time i try and log in it says the key is wrong or cant be found. i even tried re typing my email, password everything. it still wont work, how would i get to change my security key if i cant get into my account

Ultimate
02.10.2013 , 04:17 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by XxvandalxX View Post
my key was working maybe an hour ago now every time i try and log in it says the key is wrong or cant be found. i even tried re typing my email, password everything. it still wont work, how would i get to change my security key if i cant get into my account
physical security key or mobile app?
"Shoot a nuke down a bug hole, you got a lot of dead bugs"

Its not a Meatree....it's an Ambush!

XxvandalxX
02.10.2013 , 04:25 PM | #3
ii am using the one on my phone, i keep typing in the code it gives and it says that they cant find the key.

jarshr
02.10.2013 , 05:38 PM | #4
Hey i had this issue last week, put in a thread and report and bioware ignored it.....basically the ONLY fix atm, is to call up customer support and ask to have it removed, then all works again....stupid key....

XxvandalxX
02.10.2013 , 06:08 PM | #5
this is the second time this has happend i was hoping they would know a way to fix it without freaking calling support, looks like im going to call support uh

PetFish
02.10.2013 , 06:28 PM | #6
This JUST started happening to me.

I was playing, shut down SWTOR for 30 minutes, come back and it won't accept my iPhone security key. Can't login to my account here either without it.

EDIT: Just in case I thought I'd try rebooting my PC and my phone but that didn't work. I also changed my password but that didn't work either.

So now what do I do? Even though I have no problem waiting on the phone for customer service I'm not paying for it. So I made a ticket here, cuz I can't do it in-game, and now I just have to wait for a fix? This sucks.
D'alari'ia - Sage | Balthaza'ar - Gunslinger | V'alexi'ia - Guardian
Maligna'ar - Commando | N'althaeni'ia - Scoundrel | Palada'ar - Vanguard | C'alystri'ia - Sentinel
T'alari'ia - Marauder | Xalava'ar - PowerTech | F'alconi'ia - Assassin
Halona'ar - Sniper | Q'aldoni'ia - Operative | Kalyntha'ar - Sorcerer | Galvana'ar - Juggernaut

PetFish
02.10.2013 , 10:00 PM | #7
The other thread I started someone suggested re-synchronizing the time... but that didn't work either. I tried auto-sync and manual sync but neither worked.

Everything was fine today, I had logged-in, played, logged-out, rinse repeat a few times, then I go to log-in again and then this happens.

I can't call CS cuz I don't have a land line and I'm not paying $million in long distance charges. Google says to wipe the app and re-install but apparently you still have to call CS to get them to remove the old one first.

I'm so raged-out right now about this.
Maligna'ar - Commando | N'althaeni'ia - Scoundrel | Palada'ar - Vanguard | C'alystri'ia - Sentinel
Halona'ar - Sniper | Q'aldoni'ia - Operative | Kalyntha'ar - Sorcerer | Galvana'ar - Juggernaut

XxvandalxX
02.10.2013 , 10:17 PM | #8
ive tried setting the time everything so im going to half to call cs tommaro, thank god i have a land line. and sorry bro that must suck

PetFish
02.10.2013 , 10:36 PM | #9
SOLUTION:

1) Install Google Voice on phone (free VoIP, no need to buy "credits" like with Skype)
2) Call customer service
3) They will delete the current key, you can now log-in to your account here w/o using a security key
4) Delete and then re-install the security key app
5) Log-in here and set up a new security key
6) ...
7) Profit

It appears there's no DIY solution and you have to call them. My experience with CS was great, I was never on hold, but probably cuz of when I called.

XxvandalxX
02.10.2013 , 10:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
SOLUTION:

1) Install Google Voice on phone (free VoIP, no need to buy "credits" like with Skype)
2) Call customer service
3) They will delete the current key, you can now log-in to your account here w/o using a security key
4) Delete and then re-install the security key app
5) Log-in here and set up a new security key
6) ...
7) Profit

It appears there's no DIY solution and you have to call them. My experience with CS was great, I was never on hold, but probably cuz of when I called.
They also say "my the force be with you" before you hang up