Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

(Spoiler!) Does 'Darth Malgus' Die?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
(Spoiler!) Does 'Darth Malgus' Die?

thomasbaxter's Avatar


thomasbaxter
05.20.2013 , 02:02 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by seekerofpower View Post
They changed the FP, you don't have to drop him in the shaft anymore. He leaves a body. Case closed. Malgus is dead.
Amen lol. Ach it doesn't matter people will still have their theories. Maybe call me a bit of a 'die-hard' fan but to me, Malgus really HAS to die to become the empire's greatest martyr. He died for what he believed in and he changed the way the empire worked. If he did survive he would be the biggest coward ever. Rushing off to hide when he gets defeated. I'm glad they removed the need to push him off the platform which was just dumb but I really wish they could have added a tiny one line of dialogue at the end (even something cheesy like 'my legacy is complete'). I mean even Darth Serevin had a more respectable death with his 'Talsa-Ko, I've failed you'. Revan's exit is still the best in the game imho but he is allowed to disappear and rebuild because he isn't really that important in the old republic years. Plus his intention throughout swtor was to keep himself incapacitated so he wouldn't join the dark side again. He could easily come back and nobody would be surprised.

Malgus died for what he believed in and he even says 'Die or defeat me. Either way the empire is reborn' before the final battle so you know he doesn't care about the outcome.

Just saying

yoomazir's Avatar


yoomazir
05.23.2013 , 07:45 PM | #32
I would be really disappointed if he's dead for good, some much hype about him, CGI stuff, figurines, etc etc... just so he could die in an flashpoint? MEH... but hey, this is Bioware, just look at how they turned Revan into the most sissiest character ever.

BacaWicket's Avatar


BacaWicket
08.11.2013 , 09:43 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by seekerofpower View Post
They changed the FP, you don't have to drop him in the shaft anymore. He leaves a body. Case closed. Malgus is dead.
papatine had a similar fate to malgus but he had scores of clone bodies don't you think the same could be for malgus?

BacaWicket's Avatar


BacaWicket
08.11.2013 , 09:44 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by BacaWicket View Post
papatine had a similar fate to malgus but he had scores of clone bodies don't you think the same could be for malgus?
also dont 4get maul returned incloe wars after he felldown a pit 10 years B4

MoskitoMando's Avatar


MoskitoMando
10.04.2013 , 05:45 AM | #35
I do really hope they have plans for him, he was such a great character, the posterman of the Empire. And they just threw him away...

EDIT: Its perfectly possible he didn't die and he escaped via his Fury class Interceptor to another location before the station blew.
"Die, or defeat me. Either way, the Empire is reborn."

-Darth Malgus
Referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/L74Ydx

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
10.04.2013 , 03:34 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by MoskitoMando View Post
I do really hope they have plans for him, he was such a great character, the posterman of the Empire. And they just threw him away...

EDIT: Its perfectly possible he didn't die and he escaped via his Fury class Interceptor to another location before the station blew.
Having in mind that Bioware made it possible for Malgus to be killed or thrown down the pit, I guess the possibilities of him returning are slim to none.

Also, no more clones, please. We got ENOUGH of that already and it's just a cheap gimmick, plot wise, when you're at a loss, from a creative standpoint.

Karkais's Avatar


Karkais
10.07.2013 , 02:29 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by HANSY View Post
To your point: Revan (very simularly to Malgus) doesn't really DIE. He disappears in a flash of light. I think Star Wars cannon says he uses Force Fold.
So by your logic, Ben Kenobi didn't die in episode 4 either since he vanished without leaving a body behind. Too bad that he actually WAS dead and appeared as a force ghost afterwards.. Light side characters have a tendency to do this when they die, become one with the force. In any case he won't be taking part in future content. The whole point of that flashpoint was to give Revan closure. They had to drag him through the centuries to do that.. Safe to presume the end is real.

I agree with others. Ever since Bioware nerfed fallen emperor flashpoint, we can be certain that Malgus is indeed dead. (I soloed the flashpoint just for kicks too :P)
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

Darkelefantos's Avatar


Darkelefantos
10.07.2013 , 03:55 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
So by your logic, Ben Kenobi didn't die in episode 4 either since he vanished without leaving a body behind. Too bad that he actually WAS dead and appeared as a force ghost afterwards.. Light side characters have a tendency to do this when they die, become one with the force. In any case he won't be taking part in future content. The whole point of that flashpoint was to give Revan closure. They had to drag him through the centuries to do that.. Safe to presume the end is real.

I don't know where exactly I read this, but I remember Drew Karpyshyn saying that they deliberately chose to make Revan "vanish" like that so they could bring him back if they ever felt like it. And really, the Foundry didn't do a good job at providing Revan fans with closure.

But Malgus was confirmed dead, to get to topic.

MoskitoMando's Avatar


MoskitoMando
10.08.2013 , 09:30 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
I don't know where exactly I read this, but I remember Drew Karpyshyn saying that they deliberately chose to make Revan "vanish" like that so they could bring him back if they ever felt like it. And really, the Foundry didn't do a good job at providing Revan fans with closure.

But Malgus was confirmed dead, to get to topic.
I really, really hope they bring him back in some way, shape or form, even if its just another of his apprentices that carries on his legacy.
"Die, or defeat me. Either way, the Empire is reborn."

-Darth Malgus
Referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/L74Ydx

Aeneas_Falco's Avatar


Aeneas_Falco
12.17.2013 , 03:04 PM | #40
Right now I think it is ambiguous. They could either bring him back or make him permadead, without disrupting lore.

*If* they ever resume class stories, personally I would have Malgus return to lead an anti-Emperor faction of the Sith/Imperials. For the Sith class stories I'd have the Warrior and Inquisitor initially fighting against Malgus' rebels, until late in their class stories when the Emperor's true plans would be revealed. The Warrior and Inquisitor then would then join Malgus' Council (if for self-preservation alone), and help to bring the Emperor down.

I'd have the final battle against the Emperor (where he was killed, once and for all) be a group mission where both Republic and Imperial characters could ally to crush a common foe.