Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse Engineering is not 20%

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reverse Engineering is not 20%

Hrolf_Masters
03.06.2013 , 12:57 PM | #111
Reverce engenering is not 20%. This new updating full crazy decide from BioWare. Be Happy guys !!! BioWare Love us !

Khevar
03.06.2013 , 01:28 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Hrolf_Masters View Post
Reverce engenering is not 20%. This new updating full crazy decide from BioWare. Be Happy guys !!! BioWare Love us !
Sword in Box?

Lodril
03.06.2013 , 11:02 PM | #113
quickNir, Khevar; I'm not sure whether I should be grateful to your two for your raising the level of discourse here, or disappointed because it's just not as funny as the earlier comments.

Hrolf_Masters
03.07.2013 , 02:58 PM | #114
It is sarcasm. Excuse me. I am made 22 implants and at their destruction not give the recipe of an artefact. To me it is very sad, that such decisions are accepted BioWare. The matter is that to lift a level of a speciality was the interesting - ambassador of 10 % not. It became very sad. So my Eng simple, Excuse me. I am understand you.

Azariah
03.09.2013 , 05:31 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Naej View Post
I'm trying to dig out the info, but I'm pretty sure the devs have stated that RE chance is modified by your level of crafting skill VS the item's actual level. Which means that you simply wouldn't have enough info to claim anything at all, since we don't know how the initial 20% base rating would be affected.

For all we know, you could be at 20% base - 5% mod. Meaning your 14ish% would be right within target.

I'll post link of the Dev post ASAP.
I don't know for certain...but I feel like this is a statement I could believe. Whenever I RE a green item on par with my crafting skill level, it takes a lot of RE'ing to get the blue item....but if I RE an item very far below my current skill level, I only have to RE a couple or three at most to get the blue item. This would suggest a curvature in the RE possibility function being used as it relates to crafting skill level.

Which would explain why it's so difficult to obtain blue/purple endgame crafting schematics from RE.

quickNir
03.11.2013 , 02:47 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Lodril View Post
quickNir, Khevar; I'm not sure whether I should be grateful to your two for your raising the level of discourse here, or disappointed because it's just not as funny as the earlier comments.
Intentionally funny, or just bad and not realizing it funny? In any case, you're welcome/I apologize.

psandak
03.13.2013 , 09:39 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Azariah View Post
I don't know for certain...but I feel like this is a statement I could believe. Whenever I RE a green item on par with my crafting skill level, it takes a lot of RE'ing to get the blue item....but if I RE an item very far below my current skill level, I only have to RE a couple or three at most to get the blue item. This would suggest a curvature in the RE possibility function being used as it relates to crafting skill level.

Which would explain why it's so difficult to obtain blue/purple endgame crafting schematics from RE.
In my opinion, it seems more likely we are all falling into the "watched pot never boils" syndrome: if you work crafting and missions when you do not need anything, the desired goal seems to happen more readily. But as soon as you feel you do need something that something just does not happen.

Take the situation I ran into two nights ago. I was trying to craft a belt for an alt. On my JK level 50, 400 synthweavver, it took 15 tries to get a level 25 green belt to RE into ONE schematic. I got lucky that it was the type I wanted (redoubt) and I stopped REing. I was also trying to make armoring and mods on my BH level 50, 400 cybertech for the same alt and it took 10 REs to get the resolve armoring and 9 REs to get the mod to generate blue schematics.

BUT then on that same cybertech, I started making grade 22 armoring and mod to RE (because I had a ton of material and felt like getting those schematics) and got the blue might armoring 22 schematic in one try.

My point is that the frustration of not getting what you want (whether it be a schematic from RE or a specific mission for a specific material) stems more from not getting it when you feel you need it, not from the system being designed a certain way.

StrikePrice
03.03.2014 , 12:37 PM | #118
Unnecessary bump. No way in hell it's 20%. There's a bug, no question about it. Cheers!

psandak
03.03.2014 , 12:55 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by StrikePrice View Post
Unnecessary bump. No way in hell it's 20%. There's a bug, no question about it. Cheers!
How many attempts have you made?
Where's your tracked data?

I recently made 20 of each of two types of green level 52 droid parts (for the purpose of farming MK-9 augmentation components) and got all six blue schematics in 37 attempts. That is a little worse than 20% but well within the margin of error for such a tiny sample.

Khevar
03.03.2014 , 02:46 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by StrikePrice View Post
It's easy to remember the loosing streaks and harder to remember the winning streaks.

I recently had about 56 failures in a row, and was starting to get grumbly about it. I had to remind myself that two weeks ago I had 8 successes in 10 tries.

If you're not just resurrecting this thread to whine, and you actually think that it is bugged, the only thing you can do is put together a spreadsheet and log every RE attempt. When you have enough data, present it. Otherwise it just sounds as if you've fallen for some variation on the Gambler's fallacy.